fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I had Grabber AT2s on my Jeep and really loved them. The ATX is the new version of it which has sidewall design from the top of the line off road X3, and supposedly thicker sidewall cords than typical 4-ply rated tires. Someone on the internet measured and compared it to a KO2 and the ATX was all of 0.5mm thinner. Load rating is a little higher, with the same speed rating, than stock at 115T over 112T.

Here's before and after, the stock 30.5" 265/60 R18 Dynapro ATMs on the machined magnetic 18" wheels, and now new Grabber ATX 31.5" 265/70 R17 on the magnetic painted 17" wheels.

20190921_134128 - Copy.jpg

20190921_133639 - Copy.jpg

20190817_184753 - Copy.jpg

20190817_184742 - Copy.jpg
Sponsored

395Runner

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic FX4 Lariat, 350whp 2006 WRX Wagon
Looks sweet! I have some 285 Grabbers coming in next week.

Sidewall design definitely looks sharp. This tire supposedly outperforms the KO2 in every way- onroad, offroad, and comfort, if hundreds of Tire Rack customer reviews are anything to go on. We shall see.

I was going to sport the blackwall side out, as I usually do, but now I'm not so sure- that lettering is looking pretty classic on there.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Nice, doesn't look like you have a level kit, correct? I'm leaning towards these.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks great! Curious too if you're going to do a level? I just did mine on Thursday,2.5" RC level kit with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in the same size as you and really like it.

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, doesn't look like you have a level kit, correct? I'm leaning towards these.
Yep all stock, no level. I'm holding out for an adjustable coil over, would level maybe an inch but otherwise I like the factory rake.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've had them on my truck for about 5k miles now. I like them a lot but having some issues with getting them balanced the way I'd like...might be the shop I've dealt with a couple of times, might need to get them road-force balanced. That aside they've been great both on road and off.

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I've had them on my truck for about 5k miles now. I like them a lot but having some issues with getting them balanced the way I'd like...might be the shop I've dealt with a couple of times, might need to get them road-force balanced. That aside they've been great both on road and off.
Everything I have read says the ATX is easier to balance than KO2s and all other off road tires. I wonder if that is accurate, or what the deal is with yours. Mine are great so far but I haven't been on an interstate trip yet.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Everything I have read says the ATX is easier to balance than KO2s and all other off road tires. I wonder if that is accurate, or what the deal is with yours. Mine are great so far but I haven't been on an interstate trip yet.
For a few years I had KO2's on my '02 Tacoma TRD. I couldn't keep them balanced. I ended up buying a lifetime balancing package from Sears, and just kept taking it there and getting them balanced over and over and over again. I even had the front struts replaced, thinking that might be the issue... it wasn't.

In the end I got so tired of it I had a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's installed on the truck... and never had another issue.

The KO2's were also noisy as hell..... how are the ATX's?

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
For a few years I had KO2's on my '02 Tacoma TRD. I couldn't keep them balanced. I ended up buying a lifetime balancing package from Sears, and just kept taking it there and getting them balanced over and over and over again. I even had the front struts replaced, thinking that might be the issue... it wasn't.

In the end I got so tired of it I had a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's installed on the truck... and never had another issue.

The KO2's were also noisy as hell..... how are the ATX's?
It's only been a day driving around town but there is no noticeable noise change over the Dynapro ATM, they are dead quiet below 50 mph. There was a slight ride difference but I also have them aired up to 38 psi for the time being since that's what the tire shop put in. I definitely don't think they need to be that high, I may run them 33-35.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
It's only been a day driving around town but there is no noticeable noise change over the Dynapro ATM, they are dead quiet below 50 mph. There was a slight ride difference but I also have them aired up to 38 psi for the time being since that's what the tire shop put in. I definitely don't think they need to be that high, I may run them 33-35.
If the sidewalls are stiffer then you may indeed need to run different pressure. Chalk the tires.. Here's a video

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for sharing pics, I was just wondering today what they'd look like on the factory 17" wheels.

I had these on my 2017 Tacoma and loved them! Quieter than the stock Goodyears, smooth ride, and I found they had great grip all around. I had plenty of snow, mud, rock, and highway driving, and they never let me down. Will definitely put these on once I wear through the factory Hankooks (nothing against the Hankooks, but I really liked the Grabbers).

Also, sorry for all the Toyota pics...just showing off the tires :eek:

IMG_20181120_1323393.jpg
IMG_20181121_1230184.jpg
IMG_20181123_0914273.jpg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’m considering a set of these, I know it’s only been another week but how do you like them so far? My brother-in-law works for Continental and I just found out today that he may be able to get me a great deal on a set!

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I was playing around over the weekend on some back roads when I saw some hills of opportunity. These things stick like glue to a loose rocky trail. I didn't get any pics for an example but the FX4 inclinometer topped out around 16 degrees incline, this was with "moguls" washed out so the suspension was flexing throughout the incline. I went up and down a few times to play. Zero wheel slip on one pass, a scosche of power transfer and slip on others. This was just in 4-high at 35 psi warm, no TM or locker. Made it look way too easy!

I think the ATX is every bit as capable as the AT2 or KO2, and quieter on the road.

I also just got the $100 rebate back in the mail already, bought the tires just over a week ago.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I was playing around over the weekend on some back roads when I saw some hills of opportunity. These things stick like glue to a loose rocky trail. I didn't get any pics for an example but the FX4 inclinometer topped out around 16 degrees incline, this was with "moguls" washed out so the suspension was flexing throughout the incline. I went up and down a few times to play. Zero wheel slip on one pass, a scosche of power transfer and slip on others. This was just in 4-high at 35 psi warm, no TM or locker. Made it look way too easy!

I think the ATX is every bit as capable as the AT2 or KO2, and quieter on the road.

I also just got the $100 rebate back in the mail already, bought the tires just over a week ago.
Good to hear. Getting a price on these tomorrow!

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Not very many size options on the ATX.....

Do not see stock ranger sizes on the general website
Sponsored