Ranger1701

First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hello forum friends,
I wanted to pass along some information that you may or may not already know.

The official Ford Tailgate Dampener from the Ford accessories website is nothing more than a DeeZee brand dampener. How do I know this? I just got it in the mail from my local dealer, and it is the DeeZee Brand with the DeeZee logo, box, and everything. There are no Ford markings on it at all. I paid an extra $20 for it thinking it was an official Ford brand product. Don't make the same mistake I did! Lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
The swing out toolboxes are that way. You pay an extra $20 for the fact it says FORD on the box.

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
The swing out toolboxes are that way. You pay an extra $20 for the fact it says FORD on the box.
At least the toolboxes have a big blue Ford badge on the side Instead of the manufacturer’s logo. If nothing else, that is arguably aesthetically valuable over and above the Undercover boxes bought directly from Undercover.

In contrast, the Ford damper has no Ford badges or decals whatsoever. The packaging has a Ford sticker...that’s it.

Last edited:

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, color Saber, all the bells and whistles
Occupation
Retired
Hello forum friends,

The official Ford Tailgate Dampener from the Ford accessories website is nothing more than a DeeZee brand dampener. How do I know this? I just got it in the mail from my local dealer, and it is the DeeZee Brand with logo and everything. I paid an extra $20 for it thinking it was an official Ford brand product. Don't make the same mistake I did! Lol.
This part is like gold, it is the most important accessory one can install. Money is no issue when buying this most helpful and useful item. It is an official Ford product because their name is on it and thus much better quality than DeeZee and at an upcharge of only $20.00, which is a true bargain for sure. No one can make a mistake in buying this product at any price. I'm out, my blood pressure is up and heart is racing; this item does strange things to owners.:whew::explode: I need a ?????or several.:LOL::crackup:

OP
OP
Ranger1701

Ranger1701

First Name
Jillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
In contrast, the Ford dampener has no Ford badges or decals whatsoever. The packaging has a Ford sticker...that’s it.
100% agree with this. I don't mind paying a little extra for a Ford rebranding. In this case, it wasn't even re-branded. They're just re-selling a plain ol' DeeZee at a higher price (plus shipping).

KVOFTN

First Name
KEVIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EDGE RANGER COMING SOON
I am disappointed that Ford does not make a hidden one like the F150 for the ranger.
I am also disappointed that they don’t make a bed extenders like the f150.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Hello forum friends,

The official Ford Tailgate Dampener from the Ford accessories website is nothing more than a DeeZee brand dampener. How do I know this? I just got it in the mail from my local dealer, and it is the DeeZee Brand with the DeeZee logo, box, and everything. There are no Ford markings on it at all. I paid an extra $20 for it thinking it was an official Ford brand product. Don't make the same mistake I did! Lol.
For me it is not much difference, DeeZee wants $45.72 for the damper and shipping and that does not include the tax while the dealer wants $50 plus tax.

I have not decided if I want to purchase one or not. Since I plan to do all my own maintenance I need to figure how to spend my Ford points. I received the truck in December and so far I have 1600 miles on it so its not like I need lots of filters, etc.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I saved myself a ton if cash by not wasting it on one of these things.

if i have an armload of groceries im doing it all wrong. thats the womans job. (cue the feminists)

and when I'm out lumberjacking or doing other man shit, its embarrassing to watch the tailgate slowly lower before i throw logs into the bed with a running chainsaw.
Especially if you have the tailgate automatically trigger the classical music while it lowers!

Brisko_Michigan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
USG
Vehicle Showcase
Especially if you have the tailgate automatically trigger the classical music while it lowers!
I mounted one pulling up as instructed and another to the bumper pulling down. Balances out perfectly. One is none...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello forum friends,

Hi R1701

Here is my Tailgate Damper....

Forddamper.jpg

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I agree that I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for a re branded part to say "Ford" on it. But, aren't the DeeZee and Ford "brand" dampers the same price? Right around $50? Making this whole post a moot point??

hsmith21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Silver FX4 302a
In my experience, you can usually get dealer to lower price to be competitive. For example, when I just bought my swing case, dealer had it listed at $230. I told them levittown has it for 185 so they came down to 190. They were willing to come down by $40 and ended up being cheaper than the non-Ford version. Never hurts to ask and dont be afraid to walk away!
Sponsored