FYI: Headlight Adjustment After Lift

onthejob

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, 501A, Spt Appearance, Tow, Fox Shocks
The garage door measurement was a waste of time. I ended up taking the Ranger to an empty back road with an 8mm socket wrench with an extension. It took less than 60 seconds to get the actual correct level height adjustment. It was easier than a Mil-Dot scope to sight in. 1 MOA = 1 inch @100 yards
Sponsored

Last edited:

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
UPDATE:
Using the philips screw driver method, turning right/clockwise (this actually turns the 8mm bolt and gear washer left/counter clock wise for those using that method) lowers the beam. I put a reference mark on the gear washer with a sharpie and took it one full turn as I feel I am pretty close. One full turn on the washer was barely noticeable @ 4ft from my garage door. This is the only way I can get my truck level (this was a few complete turns on the screw driver).
So to be clear, turning the 8mm bolt with a socket clockwise is in fact raising the headlight?

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech

Fastfitzy

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
At how many inches should the top of the beam be off the ground from 25ft when adjusting after 2” level?? Anyone have numbers to give

koly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
At how many inches should the top of the beam be off the ground from 25ft when adjusting after 2” level?? Anyone have numbers to give
I measured about 42" from the ground with my 2" level.

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Instructions below for the FP Fox 2.0 Level Kit includes procedures for:

Adjusting Headlamps
Fog Lamp Adjustment
Cruise Control Radar Adjustment
just threw on my Fox 2.0's last week and I have Alpharex LUXX projectors.. was trailing my buddy in his Tacoma the entire way home and thought I was ok. Then over MDW I realized I was literally illuminating the inside of most cars cabins LOL. Thanks for posting this! Super helpful!

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
Just did a lift and maxing out towing it's bad for sure need to adjust mine.

SaberRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Is their anyway I can tell if my headlights have been adjusted?

I bought my Ranger used and it already had a 2.5” leveling kit. I have no idea if the headlights were adjusted however I do get honked at a lot

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Is their anyway I can tell if my headlights have been adjusted?

I bought my Ranger used and it already had a 2.5” leveling kit. I have no idea if the headlights were adjusted however I do get honked at a lot
Page 21 has a diagram and procedure.

Attachments

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Just to clarify, according to the instructions, headlamp adjustment should be done with the high beams, right? Isn't the low beam what we are concerned about blinding people?

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Full disclosure : I haven’t read the entire thread.
The procedure is described in your owners manual, including determining the height at 25’.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Just to clarify, according to the instructions, headlamp adjustment should be done with the high beams, right? Isn't the low beam what we are concerned about blinding people?
Ya know...that never even occurred to me! I adjusted mine (becuase the dealer techs failed to do so) and used the low beams. But I live in the city and have no real use for high beams in my normal commute.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ya know...that never even occurred to me! I adjusted mine (becuase the dealer techs failed to do so) and used the low beams. But I live in the city and have no real use for high beams in my normal commute.

Same here and I very rarely use my high beams, now I cant remember the last time I have. Even with mine adjusted I still get flashed a lot. I also get the ones who have to keep telling me I'm #1 with their finger when I pull up behind them. :shock:

I guess it's to difficult to realize that when you're in a small car and a truck pulls up behind you at a light you're naturally going to be higher than them and your lights will shine into their rearview mirror. :sunglasses:
Sponsored