Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Utilize your low beams for adjusting headlights. The horizon line that low beams produce is very helpful in the aiming process. Low and high beams cannot be adjusted separately anyway.
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Utilize your low beams for adjusting headlights. The horizon line that low beams produce is very helpful in the aiming process. Low and high beams cannot be adjusted separately anyway.
I just re-read the instructions. It says to measure to the high beams, but use the low beams to adjust.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I just had the Bilstein adjustable 5100’s installed at the 1.8” raise, I marked my garage door with tape and then adjusted lower 1.5” went for a ride tonite and counted the cars that passed by on opposite side (stopped at 50 ) not one flashed, so ill continue to monitor but I think they are good they fill in the on dark roads.
BTW these are LED’s not the factory halogens.

Last edited:

dokoroko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
is there a way to adjust the lights AND the cuttoff? I have the LEDs with the actuated cutoff. They're really good lights but the hot point of the beam is pointing at the ground while the cutoff is still almost too high. If i could control both I could have really good high beams and safe low beams to not blind people. At the moment it feels like the worst of both worlds.

I notice that when i come over the crest of a slight hill I can see SO FAR but then the vehicle levels out and the beam is pointing at the ground again. Really annoying because I also want to lower my cutoff because it seems to be a bit too high.
Sponsored