First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
You may like the feel, but your tires will likely wear poorly and unevenly at that psi.
I’ll take my chances. I’m sure the wear difference will be insignificant and may actually help the front outside edges from wear. Either way no big deal. There is a whole world outside the box.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Our Hankooks are cupping, and the noise and vibration is annoying has hell. I rotate the tires every 4,000 miles, truck currently has 26,000 miles.

I talked to the owner of a local tire shop about the cupping on the Hankook tires on the Ranger. He said these tires are notorious for this. He suggested going from 4,000 mile rotation to 8,000 mile rotation. This gives the rear tires (that were cupped from being on the front) more miles to remove the cupping. He also recommended increasing pressure from the OEM 38 psi to 45 psi. This makes the tire ride more in the middle of the tire, and off the cupped sidewall.

I'll report back as to if this helps. We've put another 2,000 miles on the tires and the added air pressure seems to be helping.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Our Hankooks are cupping, and the noise and vibration is annoying has hell. I rotate the tires every 4,000 miles, truck currently has 26,000 miles.

I talked to the owner of a local tire shop about the cupping on the Hankook tires on the Ranger. He said these tires are notorious for this. He suggested going from 4,000 mile rotation to 8,000 mile rotation. This gives the rear tires (that were cupped from being on the front) more miles to remove the cupping. He also recommended increasing pressure from the OEM 38 psi to 45 psi. This makes the tire ride more in the middle of the tire, and off the cupped sidewall.

I'll report back as to if this helps. We've put another 2,000 miles on the tires and the added air pressure seems to be helping.
OEM 38 psi to 45 psi on your stock LT's ?

How does that ride on bad roads ?

I run 37 in our Toyo LT's and would not want any firmer.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
OEM 38 psi to 45 psi on your stock LT's ?

How does that ride on bad roads ?

I run 37 in our Toyo LT's and would not want any firmer.
We didn't notice any change in ride quality.
Sponsored