First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Not sure why I didn’t think of this sooner. 34-35 front, 32 rear. Firms the front up nicely (more than you think it would) and the rear is still compliant. I am really happy with the feel now. Way less movement in the front. Perfect, and costs nothing to try.

Added: sticker says 30 front, 30 rear. I tried everything up to 35 front and rear then finally let some out of the rear to 32 and it seems to balance the truck out very well. It’s surprisingly how little it takes to change the feel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Not sure why I didn’t think of this sooner. 34-35 front, 32 rear. Firms the front up nicely (more than you think it would) and the rear is still compliant. I am really happy with the feel now. Way less movement in the front. Perfect, and costs nothing to try.
What does the sticker on the drivers door frame show as the correct pressure for your truck?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
What are the recommended levels on the sticker? I've now increased mine all around from sticker 30 to 32, w/ the cooler temps I'll see how they do.
IMG_5806.JPG

OP
OP
Rp930

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
We all know on a truck the weight ratio, front to rear, is pretty dramatic when the truck isn't loaded.

I've always wondered why the sticker doesn't show an "Empty Truck" tire pressure and a "Loaded Truck" tire pressure?

Seems like that would be ideal, the correct pressure based on the actual loading.

Pretty amazing the variance of pressures based on tire sizes... here's a photo of the door sticker for my Ranger:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
We all know on a truck the weight ratio, front to rear, is pretty dramatic when the truck isn't loaded.

I've always wondered why the sticker doesn't show an "Empty Truck" tire pressure and a "Loaded Truck" tire pressure?

Seems like that would be ideal, the correct pressure based on the actual loading.
The tires themselves have the max loaded weight and tire pressure recommendations on them already.
There are just too many variables to the weight of a load where they couldn't put them all on the sticker.
Also, many people change different tire types and ratings.
I've seen on the forum people going from OEM S load to XL load or even E load rated tires and they all have different tire pressure recommendations per manufacturer.
It's just up to the individual as long as they don't exceded the max pressure rating of each tire.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
the differences in tire pressure have little to do with load ratings (all the rangers are the same, and aren't stressing tire limits) and more to do with things like sidewall stiffness

Reactions: Dan

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I've been running mine even higher than that and I'm happy with the ride... but I'm coming from a Chevy before this so everything has been an upgrade!

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
When I picked up the vehicle it had 42 PSI and I dropped it to 37. Feels much better but can't imagine going with the recommended 30.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
When I picked up the vehicle it had 42 PSI and I dropped it to 37. Feels much better but can't imagine going with the recommended 30.
Mine had 47PSI when I got it, 32-30 F-R is what I'm running now, and it's so much more stable.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
For What It's Worth....

We traded in our 2002 Tacoma when we bought our Ranger. It had 177,000 miles and we'd gone through 4 sets of tires. I always bought the factory specified tire size.

The first set we bought I went with BFG TKO's and stopped following what was on the door sticker (28 psi). I went with 42 psi. The tires wore out prematurely with 42 psi.

Next set of tires I bought I ran them with 28 psi and the tires wore evenly.

The factory knows whats right and if you are running stock tires, stick with what the door sticker specifies.

Rob Binsky

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT Sport Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer installed Hankook 275/55R20’s on mine (plus 2.25” lift) before I bought it, but never changed out the door sticker. How can I find out the real pressures?

B2987282-B3B4-4FB1-AE30-AAD5C3E71547.jpeg

F9D78C21-FC13-494A-8D1B-D1E2E9BE5B51.jpeg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Dealer installed Hankook 275/55R20’s on mine (plus 2.25” lift) before I bought it, but never changed out the door sticker. How can I find out the real pressures?
If it's not a factory combination the only way to find the optimum pressure is to chalk the tires. Here's a video

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase

Pretty amazing the variance of pressures based on tire sizes... here's a photo of the door sticker for my Ranger:

Untitled.jpg
I notice that your wheels are shown as LT265's and the previous photo above yours shows just 265's.

That would account for the 38psi vs 30psi variance.
Sponsored