Fuel in oil

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Amsoil has some third party service do oil analysis, and that's what I've been using, but as someone else suggested, Blackstone is very popular and good, and apparently a few bucks cheaper too. They'll mail you a kit that you fill out and mail back to them.
Thanks Wade! I was looking at the Blackstone program and it seems like they've got it down pretty good. They make it easy, which helps a noob like me! :like:

I'll be changing my oil sooner than I wanted as it does smell of fuel. I will be following this thread and I'll post the analysis when I get it. (again; July 2019 build)
Sponsored

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Oil leak fixed but oil wasn’t replaced lol. Reused gassy oil. Think I need to get a test as well. Do we all need to contact ford and report this issue. Maybe If enough of us complain to corporate something gets done? I’m in for any action. Would be nice to know where to call and who to talk to.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
March 8, 2019.
2E5A11A0-543B-43C1-A15A-96EE783007B2.jpeg
I have similar march build date from Clevaland. I think I have fuel in my oil too. And the dip stick level seems way too high.

From this thread it sounds like people are having issues getting the Ford Service to recognize this as an issue? What do I need to know before I go in there?

OP
OP

Wade

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have similar march build date from Clevaland. I think I have fuel in my oil too. And the dip stick level seems way too high.

From this thread it sounds like people are having issues getting the Ford Service to recognize this as an issue? What do I need to know before I go in there?
I'd say they aren't likely to take it seriously unless they measure the change themselves. Mine had me come back after 500 miles, which I did, but they never actually measured where the dipstick was to begin with. So it was pretty useless and even though it was above the full mark after the 500 miles (it was a little less than halfway between the low and high marks when I brought it to them initially after I had changed the oil) they claimed that the oil level was "still within the normal parameters". So my advice is to stand there with them and make sure they actually record the starting oil level, and take a picture yourself there at the dealership with the service advisor or technician as witness. That way they can't just blow it off like they did mine.

Da Ranger

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
They just moved my appointment to Monday for drop off. I am planning to ask them to send the oil out for analysis and offer to pay for it. This way they can’t say I sent some random oil to have it checked.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why they would argue it too much here. Told them oil issue and said I’d test it. Pretty sure they smell gasoline and noted it. If I come back and it’s over Normal levels I’m going to ask them to get involved nice. Might be at their speed but I know the owner of the ford near here. Pretty sure he’ll try something if issue brought up with documentation.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I do not get it if there is gas in the oil it should not matter what the level is. Gas at those levels where you smell it should be fixed. It is a problem and a dealer should be trying to fix it under warranty. I just do not get why dealers are not trying to fix the problem..

Last edited:

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do not get it if there is gas in the oil it should not matter what the level is. Gas at those levels where you smell it should be fixed. It is a problem and a dealer should be trying to fix it under warranty. I just do not get why dealers are not trying to fix the problem..
Without measuring it they claim it’s normal blow by. I agree with everyone here it seems like it could be faulty fuel infectors it’s above abnormal levels. However it seems most dealers don’t want to do the work beyond what’s obvious. The time to diagnose things doesn’t pay the bills. It’s fix obvious and move to next thing.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Sent mine to Ford today. I was told that there's a baffle that retains the gas smell if you check it right after you drive. I was told I had to wait 15 mins and then check it. They said didn't smell anything out of the norm and the oil levels are normal.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
My truck just turned over 1000 miles so I thought I'd check it after seeing this thread.

May 3, 2019 engine build date.

Checked 2 hours after driving.

Oil level is overfull and smells of fuel.

I will be scheduling with my dealer to do an oil/filter change and document/monitor the levels.

I hope this doesn't turn into a big issue because I really like this truck.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Tell that to the dealership

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sent mine to Ford today. I was told that there's a baffle that retains the gas smell if you check it right after you drive. I was told I had to wait 15 mins and then check it. They said didn't smell anything out of the norm and the oil levels are normal.
Wow, that smells like bullsh:t to me!
Fuel should not be in the crankcase, especially on a new, modern engine.
The owner's manual does say to check oil levels fifteen minutes after shutting off engine.
I check oil level first thing in the morning after vehicle has sat overnight and I still smell fuel. Oil level is higher than full mark now. I'm photographing levels and odometer readings to document. I have also started a case with Ford Customer Relations.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that smells like bullsh:t to me!
Fuel should not be in the crankcase, especially on a new, modern engine.
The owner's manual does say to check oil levels fifteen minutes after shutting off engine.
I check oil level first thing in the morning after vehicle has sat overnight and I still smell fuel. Oil level is higher than full mark now. I'm photographing levels and odometer readings to document. I have also started a case with Ford Customer Relations.
Smell the same thing. Let me know how it goes. Definitely interested.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I thought waiting 15 mins was to just let the oil settle again so you get a good reading.
Sponsored