Front Seat Jackers

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
For me personally, they help keep me planted in the seat so I no longer slide forward all the time. Didnt do too much for my back as the back cushion just don't absorb much.

I've only use the 1/4 spacer so far. The kits little over-priced for what it is, but still worth it

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Anyone install these in your truck? Thinking of getting a pair but wanted anyone’s input from someone that had these installed.

https://desertdoesit.com/collections/comfort/products/front-seat-jackers-2019-2021-ford-ranger
I have them in my '21 Lariat, driver seat only. At first I put 2 shims, either side but was too much of a recline for me to be comfortable. Now I have 1 shim on either side for a 3/8" rise in the seat and that's the sweet spot for me-along with proper adjustments with the power seats.
If you use only 1 shim per side you re-use the factory bolts- they are long enough.
Also I didn't use thread locker on the bolts, actually I used anti-seize in case I want to go back to stock somewhere down the line. Once you tighten down the bolts they're not going anywhere.
Two more things- The square plastic square caps that cover the bolts are delicate and the tabs that lock them in place are can break off. I ended up breaking the tabs when I pried them out with a small screwdriver- you can put a dab of silicone when you put them back in case they break- not jinxing you. Good luck. I just cut 4 squares of soft-sided velcro and placed them over the bolt openings to cover them up and it looks clean.
Are the pricey? No doubt. But I've spent more money on things I've ended up removing after a while anyway.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
$80 for $10 worth of material? No thanks. I have plenty of 3/8" scrap steal on a drill press.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
These were worth the cost, as the keep me from sliding forward in the seat. I only used 1 of the spacers, as I thought 2 would be too tall.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Had them for awhile now...used the 3/4 " and now would not be without them.
Pricy...yes, but fit is perfect.
For those of you who say their pricy....how much have you spent on a few pieces of plastic here and there, or a ridiculous amount for a simple factory tie down, or bulbs to replace what is already there to get 7 lumens brighter ?
If you want to use scrap wood to raise the seat, go for it. Seat Jackers are just a small item that makes my Ranger fit me better and make it more enjoyable.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Wow. I never knew I had a problem of slidding forwards.
Well, if it works for you, cool. ?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I use both spacers on both seats and we both like them. Makes it a deeper bucket seat and did well on a recent 6+ hour day trip.

Easy to install but I was a bit of a gorilla with the trim caps. Follow their directions and it should be a pretty straightforward install for you.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
I used 1/2 inch nuts for the spacers, cost about $5 and get the exact same result.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I used 1/2 inch nuts for the spacers, cost about $5 and get the exact same result.
Doh! Even though I have the Seat Jackers installed, I agree that almost anything would be as good. And machine nuts should be as safe, if not safer, since they are steel versus the aluminum of the Seat Jackers.

Good contact area and a torqued fit shoudl mean similar safety. Although anything lifting the seat rails means more leverage on the bolt in the case of an accident. But I figure that if I'm in a bad enough crash that my seat shears loose, I'm dead anyway.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
At 6'2" with a 33" inseam and 180lbs the seats seem to fit me perfectly, have no issue with sliding around even off road. I could see where a much shorter or taller person might have an issue.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Doh! Even though I have the Seat Jackers installed, I agree that almost anything would be as good. And machine nuts should be as safe, if not safer, since they are steel versus the aluminum of the Seat Jackers.

Good contact area and a torqued fit shoudl mean similar safety. Although anything lifting the seat rails means more leverage on the bolt in the case of an accident. But I figure that if I'm in a bad enough crash that my seat shears loose, I'm dead anyway.
And speedos severely soiled ???

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
And speedos severely soiled ???
That speedo will be the only thing that could possibly save me in that situation!

And funny, the speedo comment makes me think of Brian's comments on using nuts ...

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I have them in my '21 Lariat, driver seat only. At first I put 2 shims, either side but was too much of a recline for me to be comfortable. Now I have 1 shim on either side for a 3/8" rise in the seat and that's the sweet spot for me-along with proper adjustments with the power seats.
If you use only 1 shim per side you re-use the factory bolts- they are long enough.
Could you use the second set of unused shims on the passenger seat?
Sponsored