Front bumpers: Westin Pro-Mod vs ARB Summit

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
Yup! they custom welded extensions onto my bumper to make it lineup perfectly with my 10" wider truck.

Are there some pictures to share?

Thanks in advance!

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
I really like the ARB bumper myself as well, number one choice, except I dont like the protection around the grill and headlights. (Excessive and bulky looking). The rest looks amazing.

I want this bumper but waiting for it as I have not heard a single thing yet.

I love that its made by ARB, its less bulky, it is more of a factory look vs many aftermarket styles, factory fog lights transfer, it works with the FX4 skid plate, the adaptive cruise control sensor stays put, and the price being $1495 before discounts it should be priced well the sponsoring Ford dealership lowers the price. So I'm holding out.

I really really like addictive desert designs as well but no winch and pricey.

Screenshot_20210103-020535_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210103-014720_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210103-014726_Chrome.jpg
I found out on Ford Performances' website under the 2019/2020 Ranger Staged kits, that the ARB bumper on the bottom is coming out "Summer 2021".

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I hope these project photos help! Let me know if you would like to see anything else! The completed photos are on another thread.

IMG_8354.jpg

IMG_8353.jpg
I like how they have all of your front suspension and brakes on the floor because they're not afraid of forgetting where everything goes, where a person like me tries to take apart the minimal amount because I'm afraid of finishing with extra bolts and what not lol

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I like how they have all of your front suspension and brakes on the floor because they're not afraid of forgetting where everything goes, where a person like me tries to take apart the minimal amount because I'm afraid of finishing with extra bolts and what not lol
haha I gotta give it to @APG for doing some amazing work.

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
So I finally got the pro mod installed! It's been a huge struggle/pain in my ass but it's done!! Looks pretty cool. However there was some imperfections (not sure if I'm nitpicking).

Theres a 3/4 inch gap between the bottom of the grill and the bumper. Is that normal? The shop says they couldn't push it in any closer but I dont think I believe them. Lol. My quick fix was to used a 1 inch weather strip but it's already kinda falling off due to rain/snow.

The fog lights were put on uneven but not a big deal. Easy fix.

Also Westins website for the bumper says it fits a 30 inch light bar but it actually only fits a 20 inch. The truck was in the shop for a few days at this point so I rushed to buy one. The site I bought the 30 inch light bar from is giving me trouble about returning it since it was taken out of the package (stupid since it was never used). So if anyone needs a 30 inch amber diode dynamics light bar hit me up!

20210126_161931.jpg

20210126_145410.jpg

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
So I finally got the pro mod installed! It's been a huge struggle/pain in my ass but it's done!! Looks pretty cool. However there was some imperfections (not sure if I'm nitpicking).

Theres a 3/4 inch gap between the bottom of the grill and the bumper. Is that normal? The shop says they couldn't push it in any closer but I dont think I believe them. Lol. My quick fix was to used a 1 inch weather strip but it's already kinda falling off due to rain/snow.

The fog lights were put on uneven but not a big deal. Easy fix.

Also Westins website for the bumper says it fits a 30 inch light bar but it actually only fits a 20 inch. The truck was in the shop for a few days at this point so I rushed to buy one. The site I bought the 30 inch light bar from is giving me trouble about returning it since it was taken out of the package (stupid since it was never used). So if anyone needs a 30 inch amber diode dynamics light bar hit me up!

20210126_161931.jpg

20210126_145410.jpg
Yelp, that gap is normal. You wouldn't want it too close anyways because if your frame flexes, you'll break some clips on your bodywork.

The 30" light bars work for the full size pro mods. 20" for our mid size. I think they copied the description and forgot to change it. Good call on going single row! I prefer the single row look on these bumpers.

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Yelp, that gap is normal. You wouldn't want it too close anyways because if your frame flexes, you'll break some clips on your bodywork.

The 30" light bars work for the full size pro mods. 20" for our mid size. I think they copied the description and forgot to change it. Good call on going single row! I prefer the single row look on these bumpers.
Cool man thanks for the reassurance on that gap. Maybe I'll keep the weather strip for aesthetic purposes lol

Yup single row looks like it fits better to me. Especially since I got it in flood lights to complement factory high beams. I'm still tryin to figure out the best light set up. I also put amber covers on the spot pod lights for fog/snow. Still deciding if I should put a yellow film on the light bar too.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
You're gonna love the pro mod bumper. It was my second choice behind the upcoming shrockworks bumper or the ARB bumper (I've got a thing for grille protection).

But all said and done, I couldn't be happier with my choice. Now you're going to want a new skid plate. I went with the westin skid, but I think the ARB or AFN skid would look even nicer.

20201204_085430.jpg
Do your front sensors still work well? I've been looking at the pro mod as well. I really like Westin's designs.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Do your front sensors still work well? I've been looking at the pro mod as well. I really like Westin's designs.
Since the front center sensors are now 4" farther out front, I'll get a solid tone from the center ones when I'm about 12" from obstacles. The sides ones, being 4" recessed relative to the center ones and mounted closer to the middle than stock, only give a solid tone when things are REALLY close.

All and all, they still work, but the calibration was better from factory.

Also, I broke my passenger side one, hence the unpainted gray one in the picture. Careful, they're fragile!

Last edited:

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Since the front sensors are now 4" farther out front, I'll get a solid tone from the center ones when I'm about 12" from obstacles. The sides ones, being 4" recessed relative to the center ones and mounted closer to the middle than stock, only give a solid tone when things are REALLY close.

All and all, they still work, but the calibration was better from factory.

Also, I broke my passenger side one, hence the unpainted gray one in the picture. Careful, they're fragile!
Thanks for the quick reply! And also that makes sense. I don't use the front sensors too often. I'll probably have a shop install the bumper for me; I'm not experienced at all at installing car stuff and I don't want to have my truck to be out of commission for awhile lol. I do the smaller things myself

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Thanks for the quick reply! And also that makes sense. I don't use the front sensors too often. I'll probably have a shop install the bumper for me; I'm not experienced at all at installing car stuff and I don't want to have my truck to be out of commission for awhile lol. I do the smaller things myself
I'm the same way. I mostly had a shop do it so they can wire the lights properly. When you get yours done make sure they put on the lights evenly and get a 20 inch light bar!!! Lol

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
You're gonna love the pro mod bumper. It was my second choice behind the upcoming shrockworks bumper or the ARB bumper (I've got a thing for grille protection).

But all said and done, I couldn't be happier with my choice. Now you're going to want a new skid plate. I went with the westin skid, but I think the ARB or AFN skid would look even nicer.

20201204_085430.jpg
Looks nice. I just ordered my pro mod bumper. What lights do you have? Looks like westin and baja designs. If they are BD, I'm interested so I can order some too.
Sponsored