Fox 2.0 or Eibach?

Slanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Hello everyone, currently I’m looking to level my Ranger but I’m torn between the Fox 2.0 coil over kit or the Eibach Pro Truck kit. I don’t do much off-roading but I’m interested to start. I want to fit some decent sized tires on the truck. Which would you recommend? Do the Eibachs lift the truck more than the foxs?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Between the two Eibach is more of the budget style suspension compared to Fox. Be aware that Fox can go up to 3 inches of lift but I will also say that the max you can lift the front before you need upper control arms is 2.5 inches.

Now if you are looking to go Offroad then I would highly suggest not going to a leveling kit and instead going for a lift kit. I myself went with Old Man EMU by ARB. With the kit it provodes a noce ballanced ride and much more clearance overall front to back. I have an entire write up in another thread so you can read it there.

That is my input. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

Slanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Between the two Eibach is more of the budget style suspension compared to Fox. Be aware that Fox can go up to 3 inches of lift but I will also say that the max you can lift the front before you need upper control arms is 2.5 inches.

Now if you are looking to go Offroad then I would highly suggest not going to a leveling kit and instead going for a lift kit. I myself went with Old Man EMU by ARB. With the kit it provodes a noce ballanced ride and much more clearance overall front to back. I have an entire write up in another thread so you can read it there.

That is my input. Hope this helps.
Thanks I’ll definitely check them out. Where I live there’s not many places to go off-roading. I’m mainly just trying to go on light trails. How does the stance look with the Old Man Emu kit? What size wheels and tires do you run on yours?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Thanks I’ll definitely check them out. Where I live there’s not many places to go off-roading. I’m mainly just trying to go on light trails. How does the stance look with the Old Man Emu kit? What size wheels and tires do you run on yours?
With the kit the truck is not level. I have the stock wheels with Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3's in 265/70-17's. The Bridgestone tires are a good overall all terrain that can go Offroad and not kill the MPG's. Here are some pictures.

0906201648.jpg

0509201243.jpg

0509201455.jpg

0509201513.jpg

0507201943a.jpg

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Just FYI - the stock Ranger is plenty capable of going off-road. Especially if all you plan is light trails.

My Ranger is stock but I've upgraded to the max tire size that fits without a lift: 265/70R17. I'm definitely not gentle with my Ranger but it takes it like a champ.

I agree with Frency that the Old Man Emu kit is really the only proper lift kit for the Ranger since no other kit lifts the rear end. That being said, the Fox kit is probably one of the best value kits and it gets the job done. You get proper coilovers up front and new shocks in the back. As long as you don't get the spacer kind of leveling kit, you can't really go wrong.

Edit: Here's my truck on Falken Wildpeak 265/70R17:
IMG_0932.jpg

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
I talked with the guys at Stage3 about this exact question and how I only planned to do minor offroading on the farm or while out hunting, and I went with the Eibach kit. I also added a 1" block to the rear to offset the weight of my Decked system that is commonly loaded down, so my truck isn't quite level most of the time, but also isn't nose up if I end up hauling/pulling something.

Other than the sketchiness of using a spring compressor, we had it swapped out in an evening and the truck rides noticeably better while fitting the 265/70R18 Toyo AT3's I had put on the factory wheels.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Just curious....Is there a reason why you didn't consider the Bilstein 5100 leveling kit?

I'm asking because I plan on changing my struts out when the warmer weather comes and I am still trying to decide.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Just curious....Is there a reason why you didn't consider the Bilstein 5100 leveling kit?

I'm asking because I plan on changing my struts out when the warmer weather comes and I am still trying to decide.
My ranger is a 4x2 and I do tow, so I am just looking to settle the rear down a bit and I also didn't want any issues related to headlight aiming when towing.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the Fox 2.0 rears from Amazon $150 each + free shipping. Having them installed at my dealer using points in a few weeks. I will report on the outcome shortly after this gets completed.
Don't waste your points on them installing them. It's literally a 30 minute job with a socket set and not much mechanical ability required at all. You don't even need to lift the rear any to get under there. Two bolts each side. Hardest part is holding the right rear nut in place as you tighten the top of the shock. BTW, even the rear shocks swapped out will be a noticeable difference in handling.