Forum member with highest G5 miles.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
i just added 770 miles last week for work. life of a copier tech; so I added a aFe dry flow filter and my mileage went from 21 to 24 MPG on mixed use city/ rural state highways.
Sponsored

ALranger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
MRI tech
9900 miles and the truck is currently at the dealer for a misfire. Not 100% sure it's not just bad gas yet. I should know something in the next day or two. Either way, I love this truck.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
9900 miles and the truck is currently at the dealer for a misfire. Not 100% sure it's not just bad gas yet. I should know something in the next day or two. Either way, I love this truck.
Hi Eric,

Bad gas story....My neighbor down the street and I had been friends for many years in Michigan. He is a pure Ford man from the get go. He had his Lincoln towed home from a gas station that he used. Called Knight....cut rate prices and a pretty good volume of traffic. He filled up and got about ÂĽ mile from the gas station...crappy place. So he called me to help figure out what happened. I walked down to his house where the car was parked on the street, which he never does. Hood up. So he tried to get the car started only to give up... As this was a new EFI 302 engine, I decided to check the fuel rail for fuel. There is a shrader valve on the fuel rail (like a tire pressure valve stem) I took out my pocket knife and depressed the valve stem...out of this fuel rail squirted a white liquid ???? WTF. So I decided this was water mixture...I ran home and got a valve stem removal tool and and pulled the shrader valve. He cranked the motor over until we got the smell of gasoline. Put the sharader valve back and Volia! The motor started. Water in the fuel... Moral of the story...avoid cut rate gas stations in my opinion....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

ALranger

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
MRI tech
Hi Eric,

Bad gas story....My neighbor down the street and I had been friends for many years in Michigan. He is a pure Ford man from the get go. He had his Lincoln towed home from a gas station that he used. Called Knight....cut rate prices and a pretty good volume of traffic. He filled up and got about ÂĽ mile from the gas station...crappy place. So he called me to help figure out what happened. I walked down to his house where the car was parked on the street, which he never does. Hood up. So he tried to get the car started only to give up... As this was a new EFI 302 engine, I decided to check the fuel rail for fuel. There is a shrader valve on the fuel rail (like a tire pressure valve stem) I took out my pocket knife and depressed the valve stem...out of this fuel rail squirted a white liquid ???? WTF. So I decided this was water mixture...I ran home and got a valve stem removal tool and and pulled the shrader valve. He cranked the motor over until we got the smell of gasoline. Put the sharader valve back and Volia! The motor started. Water in the fuel... Moral of the story...avoid cut rate gas stations in my opinion....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Geez, I hope they don't find any white liquid in my fuel line. Gas came from a Chevron, so I'm not too convinced it's the gas yet, but we'll see.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
29,500 miles. Tons of what I consider major failures (in troubleshooting what shouldn't be a hard fix). My rear brakes are trashed every 500-1000 miles, to which the dealer has been just turning the rotors and telling me "that's all engineering says to do".

Buyback initiated and denied by Ford direct, Initiated buyback through a "lemon law firm" which I hope is the automotive equivalent of the dreaded ambulance chaser attorney's.

Deleted member 1634

29,500 miles. Tons of what I consider major failures (in troubleshooting what shouldn't be a hard fix). My rear brakes are trashed every 500-1000 miles, to which the dealer has been just turning the rotors and telling me "that's all engineering says to do".

Buyback initiated and denied by Ford direct, Initiated buyback through a "lemon law firm" which I hope is the automotive equivalent of the dreaded ambulance chaser attorney's.
Man, I really feel bad for you. I'm not sure what your issues have been, but either way, that's a sucky way to start with a new vehicle. I had a similar experience with my 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. Plenty of quality issues from the factory that lingered and created other issues over the life of the vehicle. One of the reasons I traded it in for the Ranger so soon. Not a fun 5 years with that thing.

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Have them check the spark plugs. I’ve watched a few videos on escapes having issues like that and I guess these ecoboosts can wear through spark plugs like crazy.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Have them check the spark plugs. I’ve watched a few videos on escapes having issues like that and I guess these ecoboosts can wear through spark plugs like crazy.
Or terrible gap. Not sure about the ranger, but notoriously overgapped on the mustang. I took mine out on the mustang, gapped them properly, and they run great now.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
My first set of Focus ST plugs (bought in 2012) lasted 60K tuned miles. The ones I replace them with in 2014 were toast in 30K. Something changed with Fords Ecoboost plugs from the early ones to the ones they run now and they are much less resilient. And they are notoriously overgapped usually.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
This post is a twist in the opposite direction, my 2020 Lariat probably has the lowest mileage accumulated. The truck is just over 5 months old (1/18) and it's only been driven 250 miles!

XcN9PaYYQkOVNVc8m5HJ6Q.jpg

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance

at that mileage id spring for a new set of rotors and pads on my own dime have them install .

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
This post is a twist in the opposite direction, my 2020 Lariat probably has the lowest mileage accumulated. The truck is just over 5 months old (1/18) and it's only been driven 250 miles!

The joys of living in Hawai'i.... nowhere to go

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV

That’s terrible and borders on Ranger abuse!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That’s terrible and borders on Ranger abuse!
Could very well be! Now if you'll pardon me, I've some alcohol to abuse....lol:beer::beer::beer:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The joys of living in Hawai'i.... nowhere to go
Indeed, one gets tired of going in circles on Oahu, but on the island of Hawaii you can drive a lot further, albeit still in a circle...:shock:
Sponsored