Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sorry took it the wrong way
I'm reclining in my arm chair with a few bourbons.
I agree with you!
No problem. ?

I was agreeing with you that if someone doesn't like a post or a member for that matter just better to move on and ignore it.
Sponsored

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
020D2839-6378-4F85-90C4-3CD33A47C302.jpeg
No Flaming !
That's Dresie and Casie. Nonverbal twins living in Western Transvaal when Roger Ballen took their picture in 1993 to show that not all white Afrikaners were living in luxury. They had the mental capacity of perhaps five year olds and according to their mother, the photo was taken without permission. When she died they ended up in a care home where the staff said that despite their facial expressions and being non-verbal, they were always bright and cheerful and genuinely nice people.

But why did you post a pic of them?

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a hard time in real life not dropping f-bombs. 30+ years on a construction site and it becomes second nature to you. My gf use to think I was bad then one day we we on the phone while I was at work and she heard the GC talking. I sound like Mother Teresa compared to him. :shock:

I've got much better now that I'm away from the site but I do still tend to drop a few here n there but she so gracefully reminds me. I've seen a few posts here where I've had to shake my head but nothing real bad and I've never seen any of the sexist, racist, or homophobic posts Matt was referring to but luckily I must of missed them or just blocked them out.
I agree with all of this. I had a pretty foul mouth before I joined the Navy, and well... It didn't get any better in that culture. It's a lot easier to avoid in typing, though. I try to proofread once before I hit post because I'm so bad at typing, so it isn't really a problem to keep the language PG-13.

In real life, I still get scolded by my wife about once a month, when I let a wrong word or two out without filtering.

I also haven't seen any of the downright uncivil stuff on here (yet?). Most people on here seem to be able to take it, especially the ones doing more of the dishing out. I've been frequenting Bulletin Boards (look it up, you young 'uns) and Forums since before there was an Internet, so I feel confident in saying this is a pretty polite group.

I haven't seen any (well, maybe there was that one time...) overt hostility expressed, nor seen any racial or sexual slurs. I have not delved too deeply into the jokes thread though, (yet) but humor can be difficult to pull off in text. Sarcasm, particularly, is prone to be misinterpreted, and that can escalate quickly.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
That's Dresie and Casie. Nonverbal twins living in Western Transvaal when Roger Ballen took their picture in 1993 to show that not all white Afrikaners were living in luxury. They had the mental capacity of perhaps five year olds and according to their mother, the photo was taken without permission. When she died they ended up in a care home where the staff said that despite their facial expressions and being non-verbal, they were always bright and cheerful and genuinely nice people.

I, for one, appreciate the "back story" on this picture but people looking for only political correctness on internet forums will generally be very disappointed.

Last edited:

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
I, for one, appreciate the "back story" on this picture but people looking for only political correctness on internet forums will generally be very disappointed.
Yah, I just wanted to point out they were real people that were loved by their family and other people who knew them.

OP
OP
daniel3507

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4

This is cool. I love the random history lesson. Thanks for posting it.

chuck s

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like here recently there is a lot of flaming and BS going on in a lot of threads. I'm not talking about threads going off topic but more actual flaming, name calling, insults, etc. Stuff that would get your teeth knocked out at a bar. I'm finding myself on here less just because it's frustrating and irritating to have to sift through pages of stupid arguments to find actual useful information. A lot of it seems to come from the same members too. Even after reporting posts nothing seems to change. I'm on multiple forums and this one seems to be the most hostile with is rather unfortunate. I guess this is more venting/ranting than anything.

i agree... me being new i had questions and wanted to learn things, most are helpful but some just blow off crap...like do a search, look it up... of which i had anyway, or buy a toyota and then complain etc... the damper thing..... its like your not allowed to have an opinion on your truck unless you say its the greatest thing since the wheel.. your not allowed to wish something was different or done better etc..... overall i have found some help from people and greatly appreciated..

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I think Doc and many others (myself included) didn't know the story behind the picture. Even though we're adults we still can learn from stories like this. I'm sure most just were laughing at the "funny" picture and there wasn't any intent of being cruel especially now knowing the story behind it. Thanks for posting it!

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
i agree... me being new i had questions and wanted to learn things, most are helpful but some just blow off crap...like do a search, look it up... of which i had anyway, or buy a toyota and then complain etc... the damper thing..... its like your not allowed to have an opinion on your truck unless you say its the greatest thing since the wheel.. your not allowed to wish something was different or done better etc..... overall i have found some help from people and greatly appreciated..
From being on many different forums I understand that there are many diverse people from really old guys such as myself to young people just starting out on their own, from well educated to those that found schooling difficult, from some people that generally want to help answer questions to those that would rather hide behind the internet and insult others. Generally anyone is allowed to post on a forum (other than those that are banned for politico or sexual postings) so we have to accept some postings that are in poor taste by immature individuals along with those that are willing and able to support the theme of the forum. Yes, there are some things such as the dampener jokes that irritate others but it is all in good fun and not meant to demean or upset anyone.

I find that this forum is the best that I use. (There are a couple of Jeep forums that I refuse to post to as I know there is heavy flaming.) Try not to be to "thin-skinned" while on any open forum and take what is useful and ignore the rest.

My 2 cents....

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Crybabies who cant handle the truth call it flaming.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
LOL
It's alive!