FORScan Modifications

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I have not seen anyone come back and verify this yet. I personally don't mind it if it is even there. Some people swear it is there and some question if it is or not. I know there has been a lot of discussion about it and how to turn it off. Found this switch in the F150 spreadsheet and passed it for someone who says the here and hate it to try

Again I don't really notice it or at least am not annoyed by it. some have said front door speakers, some say if they have added a sub they hear it from there.
I tapped into the door speakers for my sub and there's nothing there.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Can I get a little help...and yes I've read this thread but I'm still stuck! I just installed the Diode Dynamic Switchback in the from turns. I have a Lariat and I am stuck in Forescan trying to get the DRL and the Switchbacks on (in white) at the same time. Thanks!!

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Can I get a little help...and yes I've read this thread but I'm still stuck! I just installed the Diode Dynamic Switchback in the from turns. I have a Lariat and I am stuck in Forescan trying to get the DRL and the Switchbacks on (in white) at the same time. Thanks!!
I installed switchbacks in mine about a month ago and ran into this same issue. Never could get it to light up the white channel, only the yellow lights would power on with the DRL's. I figured that it must be because the Lariat has a dedicated LED DRL's and is probably wired differently than the other models. Or there is a different module code that needs to be changed to allow for this. Ultimately I said screw it and gave up and put the yellow LED's back in which I like better anyway. The switchbacks were significantly dimmer than the all yellow ones. Cause I want that idiot wanting to go straight from a turn only lane to know I am wanting to turn (especially at nigh) by flooding his car with a blinking amber light from my turn signal indicator...

fslec

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Livernois Tune
For anybody who made the change to show the speed limit signs you can also activate a chime if you go over the limit you have set. It's under chimes in the IPC module. Just enable it. I forget the exact wording but it is obvious which one it is. Also adds a "chime" check box to the setup screen so you can turn it off or on. Tested today and it chimes once every time you go over your set limit. If I have time later I will try to post pics.

Fastfitzy

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Does anyone know what the “Emergency Brake Lamp” “enable/disable function under BCM does?

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
For anybody who made the change to show the speed limit signs you can also activate a chime if you go over the limit you have set. It's under chimes in the IPC module. Just enable it. I forget the exact wording but it is obvious which one it is. Also adds a "chime" check box to the setup screen so you can turn it off or on. Tested today and it chimes once every time you go over your set limit. If I have time later I will try to post pics.
Did anyone figure 9ut how to get the NA signs?

TommyG

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Worker
Anyone a guru here that can walk a noob through some simple changes for example, Bambi mode? I tried and failed but think with someone talking me through it I would be ok after completing a change. I attempted the change for Bambi mode, hit write, and it did not take effect.
I had problem too when I first tried and learned that I need to have engine running for it to write

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I had problem too when I first tried and learned that I need to have engine running for it to write
Not true. You do not run the engine for any forscan changes. Only ignition on when it tells you to.

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
If there is anyone in the Syracuse area that knows how to use forscan, I don't know what I've done but my misadventures seemed to have turned off the heat.

Needed heat for the first time and when I bumped it up it stayed blue (AC) and no heat would come on.

I only attempted to adjust the foglights, so who knows what I've done but I need tech support.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
If there is anyone in the Syracuse area that knows how to use forscan, I don't know what I've done but my misadventures seemed to have turned off the heat.

Needed heat for the first time and when I bumped it up it stayed blue (AC) and no heat would come on.

I only attempted to adjust the foglights, so who knows what I've done but I need tech support.
Hopefully you saved your "As Built" modules. You should be able to restore back to the original module(s).

Shomare

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Occupation
Union President
Lessons learned...

Blue is normal for temp display, doesn't matter hot or cold temperature setting will read in blue.

I didn't mess anything up in the end, was in a panic because my other FoMoCo cars do display red when adjusting for heat.

I have the build as data from the Ford site and had to go through line by line because I lost my built as data somewhere in the process.

Much easier to use the check box format for quick changes that it is to change the strings!

Learned a lot about what not to do along the way. Thanks for the support and feedback
Sponsored