FORScan Modifications

Flapilot

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
How long does it typically take to get approved on the forums...?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
How long does it typically take to get approved on the forums...?
I got approved pretty quick as I recall - certainly within a day.

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
From https://forscan.org/download.html

Buy recommended USB adapter on Amazon (US only). Please use this discount code: FORSCAN20
That's the ODB adapter I got, but missed that promo. I installed the software on my laptop and connected it with no issues earlier today. You don't have to worry about getting a scanner with a CAN switch as this one has it built into the unit. Haven't made any modifications yet ...I need to spend a little time studying the codes before messing with it too much.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
I just ordered mine from Amazon and typed in the promo code and got the 10% off ...

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Blue Power Ranger

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x2
Just wading into Forscan...is this interface still a optimal product?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F0GVBW...olid=2G927TPLUH4VJ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This is the optimal product according to the FORscan website:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F?obdlinkex

Made specifically for Ford products. Just make sure you have a Windows machine to run it on, as they don't yet support it on Mac. Make sure you also have at least Win 7 or better. Thought I would use one of my old laptops to run FORscan on and thought it was a Win 7. Turns out it was Win XP, and still haven't got it to run on that. FORscan will run on it, but the adapter needs special drivers that don't work with Win XP.

If you get this, be sure and use the discount code : FORSCAN20 to get 20% off. I just got mine over the weekend, so as of this writing it should still be good.

Flapilot

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Forgive me if this has been covered but I can’t seem to get the program to scan the MS modules.

any suggestions? The program doesn’t even ask if I have a can switch(which I do).

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
This is the optimal product according to the FORscan website:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F?obdlinkex

Made specifically for Ford products. Just make sure you have a Windows machine to run it on, as they don't yet support it on Mac. Make sure you also have at least Win 7 or better. Thought I would use one of my old laptops to run FORscan on and thought it was a Win 7. Turns out it was Win XP, and still haven't got it to run on that. FORscan will run on it, but the adapter needs special drivers that don't work with Win XP.

If you get this, be sure and use the discount code : FORSCAN20 to get 20% off. I just got mine over the weekend, so as of this writing it should still be good.
Thanks much Scot...ordered with discount:like::)

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
1 = No, no one has found this to work yet. I've also been wanting to change it. The F-150 version of the Forscan mod doesn't work either, FYI.
2 = Yes, that is built into the new forscan software and is one of the "menu" options, so, you don't have to manually change codes for it. The setting is in the BCM (Body Control Module) I think.
Ok. So I ordered my unit today and used the promo code -Thanks!
If I understand correctly it appears that most (if not all) the changes are now menu driven as opposed to code driven, right?
And....I have an XLT that uses the low beams for DRL - I want to not use the low beams but want Parking lights only - no low beams- is that possible as the screen examples I have seem only state Daytime Running Lights Includes Parklamps.
Thanks.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Hoping someone can help me figure this one out. Im trying to change the DRL's to the turn signals. Ive opens the Bdycm section, clicked on the daytime running lights, changed it to turn signals, click write and it runs through loading then hits 52% and says "Writing Block Failed - Incompatible Configuration".

This is my first experience with Forscan so Im not sure if Ive missed a set of instructions or if something is actually wrong.

Edit: During the initial connection it asked me to chose between "My 2020" and "My 2019". It didn't show options for "Sync 3.3". Not sure if that matters but I chose "My 2019"

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Hoping someone can help me figure this one out. Im trying to change the DRL's to the turn signals. Ive opens the Bdycm section, clicked on the daytime running lights, changed it to turn signals, click write and it runs through loading then hits 52% and says "Writing Block Failed - Incompatible Configuration".

This is my first experience with Forscan so Im not sure if Ive missed a set of instructions or if something is actually wrong.

Edit: During the initial connection it asked me to chose between "My 2020" and "My 2019". It didn't show options for "Sync 3.3". Not sure if that matters but I chose "My 2019"
That means the change is not available for your vehicle.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
That means the change is not available for your vehicle.
Ok so for my vehicle, the only option seems to be including the parking lights. I did get that one to change successfully. i think I get it now. Just because a configuration shows up, doesn't mean its available.

Thanks
Sponsored