ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Is there an overall list on here of Forscan mods that you can do that work for our Rangers?
Sponsored

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Having issues with my OBD Link EX to connect with my old PC... Dell 700m laptop in my garage... downloaded and tried manually installing the drivers.. still has the "Not compatible with the platform" error message... light on the dongle is still red.

I've tried plugging it in on my phone and desktop in my office and the light turns yellow saying its ready for use.

Can codes be changed with Forscan Lite on my android? Or I'll just have to get a new license for my desktop pc and haul it in my garage close enough to my truck!! Fml.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Having issues with my OBD Link EX to connect with my old PC... Dell 700m laptop in my garage... downloaded and tried manually installing the drivers.. still has the "Not compatible with the platform" error message... light on the dongle is still red.

I've tried plugging it in on my phone and desktop in my office and the light turns yellow saying its ready for use.

Can codes be changed with Forscan Lite on my android? Or I'll just have to get a new license for my desktop pc and haul it in my garage close enough to my truck!! Fml.
Is the laptop Windows XP? I believe it has to Win 7 and above. Settings can not be changed with Android....

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Is the laptop Windows XP? I believe it has to Win 7 and above. Settings can not be changed with Android....
I'm using an old windows XP laptop to interface with my adapter, but I think I have a different adapter - the driver requirements might be different. This is what I have and it definitely works on XP:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFDXZT6/

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Maybe it's an x86, x64 issue?
RedlandRanger......is your xp 32 bit or 64 bit?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
64 bit XP was always horribly problematic - mine is 32 bit XP - it is a very old netbook - not useful for a ton, but it is nice because it is really small.

I think you might be onto something there.

To answer a different question - I don't believe the android or iOS versions of FORScan can modify anything, just read. In order to change anything I'm like 95% positive you have to have the windows version.

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Yes its Windows XP..... old....

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Its 32 bit... not sure why it doesnt work... I ordered a HS/MS switched one to see if the older model works... the issue might be the OBDLink EX auto switch between HS/MS.

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
Is there a setting to make the other windows a one touch up/down like the drivers ? I saw the galaxy key fob one but never used that when I had the Ridgeline.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT