Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
I know we have a way to remove the FM/AM radio icons and such from the audio screen. Has anyone heard of a way to remove the XM radio stuff? I don't use it, and whenever it gets selected it has a popup demanding I buy it. Just rather remove any trace of it.

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX, 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Curious if anybody has ever seen the Ford Surveillance Mode option in ForScan or if somebody can figure out how to make it work. All of the necessary hardware is there and I know there are other police interceptor options that have been discovered in ForScan.

For those unfamiliar...

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if anybody has ever seen the Ford Surveillance Mode option in ForScan or if somebody can figure out how to make it work. All of the necessary hardware is there and I know there are other police interceptor options that have been discovered in ForScan.

For those unfamiliar...
I would be interested as well. I was pocking around ForScan last week for something unrelated and I donā€™t remember seeing anything about ā€œsurveillanceā€ that stood out. So if itā€™s there it is probably called something less specific. I would have been ā€œtriggeredā€ by the term ā€œsurveillanceā€. :bandit:

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX, 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I would be interested as well. I was pocking around ForScan last week for something unrelated and I donā€™t remember seeing anything about ā€œsurveillanceā€ that stood out. So if itā€™s there it is probably called something less specific. I would have been ā€œtriggeredā€ by the term ā€œsurveillanceā€. :bandit:
Haha. So after some further research I found out that this was a separate module manufactured by a company called Intermotive for Ford. For what it's worth they make products that work with a variety of different makes/models, but nothing for the current Ranger. They do have some cool stuff though.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
FYI the OBDlink EX is $10 cheaper direct from scantool.net right now. Quite an Amazon tax otherwise.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
Itā€™s odd the Lariat doesnā€™t have the seat heater buttons on the SYNC screen right from Ford. Pretty cool I was able to add them using FORSCAN. Sure it is redundant since the buttons are just below the screen but I dig it.

7A49DE9E-173F-42E7-8302-E47E7BCD5DF7.jpeg
I bought a Lariat FX4 in June of 19 and it has them.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Please bear with me. Iā€™m looking to get into ForScan and make a few changes. Done a lot of reading through the 2 threads and know the unit Iā€™m getting. What Iā€™m trying to confirm is if a couple of the changes I want are possible and confirmed.
1) change the auto turn signal from 3 flashes to 4 or 5
2) change the DRL to parking lights ONLY. I do not want my low beams on - I have an XLT

The others I found and know they work - Bambi mode, Welcome screen, beeps...:

Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
Please bear with me. Iā€™m looking to get into ForScan and make a few changes. Done a lot of reading through the 2 threads and know the unit Iā€™m getting. What Iā€™m trying to confirm is if a couple of the changes I want are possible and confirmed.
1) change the auto turn signal from 3 flashes to 4 or 5
2) change the DRL to parking lights ONLY. I do not want my low beams on - I have an XLT

The others I found and know they work - Bambi mode, Welcome screen, beeps...:

Any information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1 = No, no one has found this to work yet. I've also been wanting to change it. The F-150 version of the Forscan mod doesn't work either, FYI.
2 = Yes, that is built into the new forscan software and is one of the "menu" options, so, you don't have to manually change codes for it. The setting is in the BCM (Body Control Module) I think.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
1 = No, no one has found this to work yet. I've also been wanting to change it. The F-150 version of the Forscan mod doesn't work either, FYI.
2 = Yes, that is built into the new forscan software and is one of the "menu" options, so, you don't have to manually change codes for it. The setting is in the BCM (Body Control Module) I think.
Thank you. Much appreciated. I feel a bit better about ordering it now as the DRL item was a priority for me.