FORScan Modifications

RagonkP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Has anyone attempted to change their intelligent blinker from the factory "3 blinks"? I got in to the SCCM today to attempt it using the F150 values and the Ranger sequence is different, so I backed out.
Sponsored

JoJo

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
That looks like one of the codes that changes the Sync 3 splash screen. I have mine set to the Ford GT carbon theme because it looks nice and is darker. For those, you don't have to use the codes directly, as current versions of Forscan have it built into the editor so you can just click a dropdown and select it.
move been attempting to change my theme, when I write its restarts like usual before change but doesnā€™t change the theme. Stuck on the boo boo default theme. Any thoughts? Resolutions?

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
move been attempting to change my theme, when I write its restarts like usual before change but doesnā€™t change the theme. Stuck on the boo boo default theme. Any thoughts? Resolutions?
I have the GT theme, so I can say whatever procedure was posted worked because I'm not smart enough to come up with a new one myself. That said, I probably used the Forscan editor that has descriptive words in it rather than the As-Built editor with the hex codes.

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
I have a 19 Edge ST and 17 Mustang GT. I just updated both to the latest Sync v3 software from Ford's site and Ford removed most of the optional theme choices FYI.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
ELM327 came today and it is a wifi version. Anybody know if that is the correct one? It seems on here everybody has a cable.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
ELM327 came today and it is a wifi version. Anybody know if that is the correct one? It seems on here everybody has a cable.
It will most likely work, but when I was researching most people recommended the wired version - if something glitched while you were updating it could cause problems.

My brother bought a wifi version and we did a little with it, but I used my wired version when I helped him do the speedo adjustment.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
It will most likely work, but when I was researching most people recommended the wired version - if something glitched while you were updating it could cause problems.

My brother bought a wifi version and we did a little with it, but I used my wired version when I helped him do the speedo adjustment.
Thanks, I may send it back and get the wired version.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Itā€™s odd the Lariat doesnā€™t have the seat heater buttons on the SYNC screen right from Ford. Pretty cool I was able to add them using FORSCAN. Sure it is redundant since the buttons are just below the screen but I dig it.

7A49DE9E-173F-42E7-8302-E47E7BCD5DF7.jpeg

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s odd the Lariat doesnā€™t have the seat heater buttons on the SYNC screen right from Ford. Pretty cool I was able to add them using FORSCAN. Sure it is redundant since the buttons are just below the screen but I dig it.

7A49DE9E-173F-42E7-8302-E47E7BCD5DF7.jpeg
Interesting, I have a Lariat and it had the seat heater icons to control the seats from the screen stock from the factory. I wonder why some have it and some donā€™t?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Interesting, I have a Lariat and it had the seat heater icons to control the seats from the screen stock from the factory. I wonder why some have it and some donā€™t?
Iā€™m sure mine are there too and I havenā€™t changed anything either.