RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Even if you have the auto wipers activated in the pull down menus you still have to set the wiper stalk in the intermittent position for it to work. It will do intermittent or auto wipers, depending how your pull down menu is set. I really like being able to disable auto wipers by just turning the stalk to full off.
I was going to say the same thing. I've found the auto wipers to work pretty well - not perfect, but pretty well. They do intermittent when needed, but will speed up when the rain gets heavier. I find it to be another one of those nice "convenience" features. Call me lazy.... :)
Sponsored

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I was going to say the same thing. I've found the auto wipers to work pretty well - not perfect, but pretty well. They do intermittent when needed, but will speed up when the rain gets heavier. I find it to be another one of those nice "convenience" features. Call me lazy.... :)
Me too :)

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I apparently overlooked that in the manual

Even if you have the auto wipers activated in the pull down menus you still have to set the wiper stalk in the intermittent position for it to work. It will do intermittent or auto wipers, depending how your pull down menu is set. I really like being able to disable auto wipers by just turning the stalk to full off.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I don't have a forscan, and I would need to learn how to use it on the fly. Has anyone asked their dealer if the service dept can disable the horn honk for them for free? I see no need for them to charge a fee to do it especially since Dodge allows the driver to disable the headlights and or the horn when you get out plus when you lock it with the fob. All of my previous Dodge police cars (current included which is not a police package) Allow you to disable these items while parked and from the settings on the radio. There is no reason why Ford should lock us out.
No, Ford will not do that for free. Especially if it's a civilian vehicle. They program the modules by the VIN. That does not allow the techs to pick and chose options not available as built. For the cost of the adapter and free Forscan softaware you can do all this yourself.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
The auto wiper can be disabled in the settings via steering wheel. Although my auto wiper is set to on, they have never come on when they should've.
Aside from what was mentioned by others already, you can also adjust the sensitivity through the switch on top of the handle.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Aside from what was mentioned by others already, you can also adjust the sensitivity through the switch on top of the handle.
if you are referring to the rotary switch o imbedded in the wiper handle, yes.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I don't have a forscan, and I would need to learn how to use it on the fly. Has anyone asked their dealer if the service dept can disable the horn honk for them for free? I see no need for them to charge a fee to do it especially since Dodge allows the driver to disable the headlights and or the horn when you get out plus when you lock it with the fob. All of my previous Dodge police cars (current included which is not a police package) Allow you to disable these items while parked and from the settings on the radio. There is no reason why Ford should lock us out.
Using Forscan, you can set the silent mode (Police) option to create a menu item on the speedo settings screen, including a checkbox to easily turn it on and off.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
By the way, did anyone do a software update after making some changes through Forscan? I remember with my other car, every update would set it all back to factory settings... I'm thinking it will be the case with our Rangers as well, but I could be wrong (would be nice)
I did a software update after changing Forscan options...I didn't notice anything reverting to As-Built.

Based on this, my guess is only the specific options affected by the update would change.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did a software update after changing Forscan options...I didn't notice anything reverting to As-Built.

Based on this, my guess is only the specific options affected by the update would change.
Thanks! Glad to hear that :)

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Using Forscan, you can set the silent mode (Police) option to create a menu item on the speedo settings screen, including a checkbox to easily turn it on and off.
I seem to have set that option, and even after disabling it, I don't get horn honk, headlights, parking lights, interior lights, nothing when I lock/unlock with either the fob or the door locks. The only time the lights come on is if the truck is running, and I open the door.

Only time the horn honks is if I lock the doors and one (or more) of them is open. I think something gets out of "whack" with that option, so be careful...

Of course I could go back to the BCM or IPC backups that I took, but have no idea where I put...

KingsPoint75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat
Hello folks,

Is there a way to turn the backup camera on to use as a rear view mirror? The small back window with that #@$%#$!@#$ sliding glass in the middle makes it hard to get a full view of the traffic coming up behind in dense traffic.
Thanks,
K.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Hello folks,

Is there a way to turn the backup camera on to use as a rear view mirror? The small back window with that #@$%#$!@#$ sliding glass in the middle makes it hard to get a full view of the traffic coming up behind in dense traffic.
Thanks,
K.
Hey ford, that would be a good option. Just give me a button or a sync command like, " show rear view "
Sponsored