RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm guessing this requires an actual PC/Laptop? I'm a Mac guy so...... :headbang:
The full version (where you can make changes) is windows only, so you'd need a windows laptop. There is an iOS lite version that (I think) allows reading stuff, but no changes.

Here is a page showing what each version supports:

https://forscan.org/comparsion.html
Sponsored

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Ah man, major thanks for this (and the Wiki) thread! I was hoping there would be something like this available for Ford. I used to do it with my '12 BMW 328 (I was the guinea pig for that car, up until then only the 5 series did it... kinda what I'm seeing/reading here with the F150 guys).

I wonder if I can use my old OBDII cable that I have for my BMW... there's definitely some things I want to change. Like in my BMW one of the first things I changed was the auto start/stop to remember the last setting (funny thing, BMW actually changed it to that setting in a later software upgrade). It's incredibly annoying, most of the time it turns on when I'm in traffic or in front of a stoplight that just turned green.. not to mention the million of stop signs on this island lol.

I noticed several people mentioning they want the mirrors to auto fold. I actually had that set up in my old car and, well, eventually the motor gave out and now the motor inside is stuck (which is fun considering BMW automatically checks the lights and mirrors for correct settings, so I hear it give a lot of loud tics). Anyways, YMMV but just to let you know, it's going to suck if that motor in the mirror breaks for some reason.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Ah man, major thanks for this (and the Wiki) thread! I was hoping there would be something like this available for Ford. I used to do it with my '12 BMW 328 (I was the guinea pig for that car, up until then only the 5 series did it... kinda what I'm seeing/reading here with the F150 guys).

I wonder if I can use my old OBDII cable that I have for my BMW... there's definitely some things I want to change. Like in my BMW one of the first things I changed was the auto start/stop to remember the last setting (funny thing, BMW actually changed it to that setting in a later software upgrade). It's incredibly annoying, most of the time it turns on when I'm in traffic or in front of a stoplight that just turned green.. not to mention the million of stop signs on this island lol.

I noticed several people mentioning they want the mirrors to auto fold. I actually had that set up in my old car and, well, eventually the motor gave out and now the motor inside is stuck (which is fun considering BMW automatically checks the lights and mirrors for correct settings, so I hear it give a lot of loud tics). Anyways, YMMV but just to let you know, it's going to suck if that motor in the mirror breaks for some reason.

I'm sure it will suck, but the mirror will only be 200$ instead of 2000$ like the BMW :)

You should be able to use any generic OBDII cable, and the newer versions of Forscan have most of the features "spelled out" so you aren't editing hex anymore.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure it will suck, but the mirror will only be 200$ instead of 2000$ like the BMW :)

You should be able to use any generic OBDII cable, and the newer versions of Forscan have most of the features "spelled out" so you aren't editing hex anymore.
lol true on those costs. It's kind of why I never had it fixed, and why I'm secretly hoping someone just drives it off so I can claim it to the insurance :crackup:

I ordered a new cable on Amazon using one of the links above. The old one is close to falling apart, someone made it for me years ago (plus it uses the ethernet port instead of USB, not sure if that would make any difference), I kind of don't want any errors when writing the code back lol

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, did anyone do a software update after making some changes through Forscan? I remember with my other car, every update would set it all back to factory settings... I'm thinking it will be the case with our Rangers as well, but I could be wrong (would be nice)

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Thanks to this thread and the wiki, I was able to go in and change a bunch of the annoying things the Ranger does from the factory. Does anyone know if the turn signal sounds can be changed or removed? I can't stand the sound they make. It sounds like a super cheap kid's toy car.

JDCinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2013 Ford Explorer, 1977 BMW R100/7
Has anyone figured out how to change the number of blinks from the default of 3 when you tap the turn signal switch? My coworker who helped me make some changes with his FORScan was able to do this on his F-150. The F-150 hex codes looked slightly different than the Ranger, so we didn't mess with it.

I like the feature on our 2013 Explorer and the Ranger, but I think 3 blinks is not enough. I'd like it to at least be 4 or 5.

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone figured out how to change the number of blinks from the default of 3 when you tap the turn signal switch? My coworker who helped me make some changes with his FORScan was able to do this on his F-150. The F-150 hex codes looked slightly different than the Ranger, so we didn't mess with it.

I like the feature on our 2013 Explorer and the Ranger, but I think 3 blinks is not enough. I'd like it to at least be 4 or 5.
I haven’t figured it out yet. Changing hex codes on 724-01-01 is what I thought would do it but it didn’t work for me.

With the update to the FORScan software and the new easy menu options, I don’t see anything specific to turn signals. But I could be wrong. Waiting for others to respond.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Still working on it.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant

I would also like 5 blinks. 3 isn't enough, especially when pulling a trailer.

Dean

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 1988 Merkur Scorpio, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite
Occupation
Embedded SW Engineer
I think it would be helpful if folks could post their "as built data" and list their model/options.
This would aid in deciphering some of the feature differences.
The link provided at the beginning of the thread will allow you to get a printed version and to download an XML file "*.ab" You may wish to edit out the VIN number from these before you post.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
In my F150, number 2 can be turned off on the settings.
The auto wiper can be disabled in the settings via steering wheel. Although my auto wiper is set to on, they have never come on when they should've.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a forscan, and I would need to learn how to use it on the fly. Has anyone asked their dealer if the service dept can disable the horn honk for them for free? I see no need for them to charge a fee to do it especially since Dodge allows the driver to disable the headlights and or the horn when you get out plus when you lock it with the fob. All of my previous Dodge police cars (current included which is not a police package) Allow you to disable these items while parked and from the settings on the radio. There is no reason why Ford should lock us out.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
The auto wiper can be disabled in the settings via steering wheel. Although my auto wiper is set to on, they have never come on when they should've.
Even if you have the auto wipers activated in the pull down menus you still have to set the wiper stalk in the intermittent position for it to work. It will do intermittent or auto wipers, depending how your pull down menu is set. I really like being able to disable auto wipers by just turning the stalk to full off.
Sponsored