Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Black, 1970 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have to double check my work after posting I found the Stop/Start was not disabled. Funny thing about the climate it changes with steering controls and then goes back to what it was set to.
Sponsored

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have to double check my work after posting I found the Stop/Start was not disabled. Funny thing about the climate it changes with steering controls and then goes back to what it was set to.
I was able to disable my start stop but I wonder if it has also disabled something else, like the battery management system. My understanding is that is what happens on the F150 when disabling the start/stop. Anyone know if other features are disabled with the start/stop disabled on the Ranger.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Same experience with the climate control menu...seems to work only as infoscreen.

Steve63

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Black, 1970 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Okay lesson learn just changing the numeric value did not turn off the Auto Start/Stop, had to go to functions and disable it also. Works great no more annoying engine turn off at stop signs.

20190711_082742.jpg

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Is there a way to add a chime warning to the Blindspot Monitor if I turn on the blinker and BLIS is triggering? Right now, all I see is the blinking dot in the mirror.
Thanks
My wife's KIA has audible BLIS alerts and frankly, it annoys the crap out of me to be rolling slowly in a turn lane and the damn thing continues to beep. I'm kind of glad the Ranger doesn't do it. I think there needs to be more metrics involved to activate/deactivate audible alerts(like adding steering wheel input) but I digress...

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Which way is that?
I knew you were going to ask. :) I think it is towards the door when it is plugged in to the OBDII port. If you setup FORScan to prompt you when it needs to shift modes - there is an HS CAN and MS CAN - I think it needs to start out in HS CAN mode and then FORScan will tell you when to flip the switch back. I've only done it a couple of times and if you have it the wrong way, it won't want to connect and read properly. If it doesn't work, I just flip the switch and then recycle the ignition.

The option I'm referring to is on the settings page and is under "ELM327 specific" on the Connection tab. I have mine set to "HS/MS switch" and that will tell FORScan to prompt you to flip the switch.

I'm NO expert in it - if anyone has any better info, please post it.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I don't have Terrain Management on my XLT. But I do have 4wd and the locking diff option.

Is there a way to enable Terrain Management? Seems like it is just a button and enabling some software.
I'm waiting for that one too, my dad has the same issue, no TM, but he did get locking diff. I don't think anyone has done it yet. YOU COULD BE THE FIRST!@!!!

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm guessing this requires an actual PC/Laptop? I'm a Mac guy so...... :headbang:
Sponsored