First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
2020 XL STX. I purchased the perimeter plus module with Fordpass points. Alarm was plug-n-play but...

LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK=START does not work.

It's mentioned in the perimeter+ module description, this feature is enabled "when activated by a dealer". I assume the dealer would use IDS to do this. They quoted me $199 to "reprogram a module". ?

Can I do it myself with Forscan?

I've been working my way through the Forscan threads looking for the info I need with no luck yet.
Sponsored

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
2020 XL STX. I purchased the perimeter plus module with Fordpass points. Alarm was plug-n-play but...

LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK=START does not work.

It's mentioned in the perimeter+ module description, this feature is enabled "when activated by a dealer". I assume the dealer would use IDS to do this. They quoted me $199 to "reprogram a module". ?

Can I do it myself with Forscan?

I've been working my way through the Forscan threads looking for the info I need with no luck yet.
saw this on another forum. Not sure if they are the same but it talks about some needed jumper

https://www.fordforums.com/threads/...imeter-plus-installation.309894/post-50593365

OP
OP
TheBadger

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
Can you link the required module for remote start?

TYA!

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Bingo!
PSX_20211011_105521.jpg

I plugged this sucka into the port on the module and she fires right up with the remote!

Thanks Mr janitorjim Sir. You're a legend!
Do you have a video reference on how to install it on our Ranger or installation instructions?
I just received the perimeter plus but no instructions on the manual.
Thanks in advance.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I really thought it required a computer also, that is why I paid for install through the ford accessory site and had dealer install it when my truck came in. :(. and I also have no install directions, only user directions.

on my ranger they just stuck it behind the drivers side panel next your left foot. what is nice about that is when you need to adjust the alarm sensitive you just pull it up by the wires and the knob is easy access. mine came turned all the way up and my HD (with stock pipes) would set it off. Now its down to 1/2 way and thunder still sets it off.

OP
OP
TheBadger

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
Do you have a video reference on how to install it on our Ranger or installation instructions?
I just received the perimeter plus but no instructions on the manual.
Thanks in advance.
Here's what I used, instructions for the install on a Ford Edge. The gateway module on the Ranger is at the bottom left of the kick panel, instead of the location shown in these instructions. Disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the gateway module. It's a bit tight back there, bring a light. The tee connects to the wiring harness, the gateway module, and the security system module. I zip tied the security module to the dash frame but found the impact sensitivity was too low. I snipped the ties and just placed the module in there, sensitivity about halfway and it works great.

Attachments

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here's what I used, instructions for the install on a Ford Edge. The gateway module on the Ranger is at the bottom left of the kick panel, instead of the location shown in these instructions. Disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the gateway module. It's a bit tight back there, bring a light. The tee connects to the wiring harness, the gateway module, and the security system module. I zip tied the security module to the dash frame but found the impact sensitivity was too low. I snipped the ties and just placed the module in there, sensitivity about halfway and it works great.
Thanks you and you all for the info. It took me 20 min max to install the perimeter plus. I disconnect the cable on the back of the OBDII connector and connected harness one side and the other on the module and also connected the jumper. Thats all I did and both remote start and shock sensor is working now. I just adjust the sensor to the right level and all good to go.

WideTrx

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I have the 2021 Tremor Lariat with both Perimeter Alarm and factory Remote Start. So this module would essentially just give me the Perimeter Plus Dual Zone upgrade correct? The factory remote start still functions as normal (dedicated remote start button instead of lock-unlock-lock) I assume?
Sponsored