First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I wonder if it might help Ranger sales if they spent a little time and money actually ADVERTISING them....perhaps even just half as much as they do on the F150. I still don't see them on TV commercials or in print...or hear about them on the radio. But EVERY Ford commercial touts the F150.
Yeah I've never seen a Ranger commercial either. But in their defense the F150 is their bread and butter so they'd rather spend the advertising money pushing that line. Maybe the next Gen Ranger will get some more advertising seeing as it'll be a whole new redesign? I would hope so seeing as the Tacoma holds the #1 spot you'd think Ford would want to try and take it from them.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if it might help Ranger sales if they spent a little time and money actually ADVERTISING them....perhaps even just half as much as they do on the F150. I still don't see them on TV commercials or in print...or hear about them on the radio. But EVERY Ford commercial touts the F150.
I don't think it is demand that is the problem - they can't/won't build enough of them - they are favoring the Bronco to try and catch up from that horrible debacle.

Until the supply chain gets better, it will most likely not change a whole lot.

Midnightmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT
We picked up ours new in October of '21. We literally made the deal on it the day it came off of the carrier. Believe it or not, we were able to get a modest discount under MSRP at the time. Not a killer deal by any stretch of the imagination. But not bad at all considering the circumstances.

We drive by the dealer every day on our way to work. Since then, I may have seen a max of 3 Rangers actually make it to the lot. There have been maybe a half dozen or so more that went straight to the back of the building where they store customer orders. But actual Rangers on the lot have been extremely rare.

Anyway, my point is, that our local dealer has had less than a dozen actually hit the ground in now nearly 10 months. There is no way to show any type of good sales figures with that inventory level.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
No need to advertise them if you can't build them, right?
Unless it's a Bronco. That's apparently quite a different thing.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No need to advertise them if you can't build them, right?
Unless it's a Bronco. That's apparently quite a different thing.
I haven't see any commercials for the Bronco either. But as I type this I just thought why bother since they can't even build mine after 2 years of waiting. lol One day when the market is flooded with them you'll see all sorts of advertising and discounts.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I don't have an inside track at MAP, but there have been several weeks this past quarter that there had been no Ranger scheduling- can't sell 'em if they don't build 'em. Reading the tea leaves, I think Ranger became the "sacrifice fly" for chips & components to keep Bronco assembly running in order to preserve as many reservation orders as possible. Also, It has been rumored that 2023 MY will be short; maybe 6-7 months before Job 1 2024 6G Ranger.

This is a forward of a post on Bronco 6G:
Screenshot_20220723-144949.thumb.png.7454b469bd1b723b5fad8c0860229ae4.png

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
As far as advertising goes, The only Ranger ads I've seen are group ads, like for the $1500 rebate if you order certain models; Escape, Fusion, Ranger, maybe others.
But I don't see any commercials for any other midsize trucks, either.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
There is no lack of demand advertising isn't the issue at all its ford ability to build them we have zero new rangers and when they come in they last a day if they arent already sold from the factory
Sponsored