First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
The Ford Performance website shows an OME kit with leaf springs included for $1850. It looks like a Nitrocharger Sport kit, but there's no real info with it.
M-18000-RO.jpeg.jpg

Does anyone have any info about this compared to my Fox 2.0 stuff? Is this a fair price?
I think I really need to make some changes. My Fox stuff was great before my bumper & winch. Now.... not so much. So far, I'm thinking just to go to a 650 pound spring. Still forulating my thoughts though.

All info welcome
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford Performance website shows an OME kit with leaf springs included for $1850. It looks like a Nitrocharger Sport kit, but there's no real info with it.
M-18000-RO.jpeg.jpg

Does anyone have any info about this compared to my Fox 2.0 stuff? Is this a fair price?
I think I really need to make some changes. My Fox stuff was great before my bumper & winch. Now.... not so much. So far, I'm thinking just to go to a 650 pound spring. Still forulating my thoughts though.

All info welcome
Hey, Brett, I have been looking at this kit, too. It is obviously a more comprehensive approach than the Ford/Fox 2.0 Kit, but they are not saying much about it. My Fox stuff has been great, but this looks like it might be even better...

Last edited:

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
M-18000-RO.jpeg.jpg

All info welcome
I think the 650 lb spring has been the answer for people with a winch and/or aftermarket bumper.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 3

Reach out to Frank at Stage 3 on the forum here. He usually helps out.

I moved from the Eibach Pro 2.0 kit to the OME HD front, SD rear shocks, Icon leaf Option 3 springs because of the weight of my bumper/winch. I can say the OME kit rides great. I'm very happy with it. I believe the OME is 605# springs, but the work great. Support the weight and aren't harsh.

OP
OP
Brett Fields

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Hey, Brett, I have been looking at this kit, too. It is obviously a more comprehensive approach than the Ford/Fox 2.0 Kit, but they are not saying much about it. My Fox stuff has been great, but this looks like it might be even better...
So, it seems as though there's a standard duty OME kit and a heavy duty kit. One of the kits is being advertised (I forget where) as intended for an "Overland" style setup. I don't understand if that means HD or if HD means a pallet of bricks. Ford says nothing.

I've been considering every possible option. Certainly, one option is to put 650lb springs on my Fox 2.0's and a set of someone's leaf springs in the rear. That presuposes that I haven't trashed my Fox's. Part of me says go budget conscious, part of me says don't mess around and go with a professionally curated solution.

I am really at a loss here, and my RSI SmartCap gets installed on June 7th. BTW, every little dip of my front drivers side produces a squeek. (Doesnt sound like a rub)

B.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
According to ARB, the HD kit is like 5mm talller (the spring perch) so the same springs handle the weight without sagging as much. You can email them for clarification. They’re responsive.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So this is the first I have heard of Ford Performance advertising Old Man EMU Suspension. I can also tell you that after having that kit on my 2019 Ranger I was happy with it. The front is lifted by 2.4 inches and the rear 1.6 inches. There are different spring options for the front and rear depending on what your load will be but it works well with 285/70/17's. It makes the truck a practical tourer type vehicle.

If anything I do wish I would have gone with the BP-51's but the timing of things and money were big factors on my end.

How does it compare to the Ford Performance Fox kit? Well it is possible the Fox shocks may be more comfortable but it only levels the vehicle making you have to buy more parts to compensate for load in the rear. Overall I feel that the Old Man EMU lift kit is a better "Best Bang For Your Buck" type of suspension.

OP
OP
Brett Fields

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
@Frenchy , did you toss and replace all the various nuts the way the manual describes?
...or did you reuse the originals?
The Ford manual also shows a major disassembly in a way that no video does.
What's the true wisdom here?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I only replaced the hardware that I was given with the kit. Ran the lift for close to 2 years and the only problem I had was the front right strut broke on me. It started to leak on the bottom where the weld is for the mount. Me not thinking I decided to go have fun on the trail. Wasn't much longer after that it gave. Had to replace an inner tie rod too. Old Man EMU tool care of the strut by sending me a new one.

OP
OP
Brett Fields

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Stage 3

Reach out to Frank at Stage 3 on the forum here. He usually helps out.

I moved from the Eibach Pro 2.0 kit to the OME HD front, SD rear shocks, Icon leaf Option 3 springs because of the weight of my bumper/winch. I can say the OME kit rides great. I'm very happy with it. I believe the OME is 605# springs, but the work great. Support the weight and aren't harsh.
Just sent a message to Frank @Stage3Motorsports . Thanks.
Sponsored