First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Sonofa biscuit! I didn't get a bushing kit with my springs.
Assuming that you got them through stage 3 I suggest co tacting them and they will help you out

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I saw an Old Man EMU thread and I just had to read what Frenchy was going to say. Little did I know the original post was made by Frenchy. Never fails to amaze me that Frenchy doesn’t have his own discount code for OME suspension yet.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Assuming that you got them through stage 3 I suggest co tacting them and they will help you out
Sent them an email, I knew it was going too well

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I saw an Old Man EMU thread and I just had to read what Frenchy was going to say. Little did I know the original post was made by Frenchy. Never fails to amaze me that Frenchy doesn’t have his own discount code for OME suspension yet.
Unfortunately ARB wouldnt do a sponsor deal when i asked and I doubt they will anyway since I dont do much anyway

FiestaRanger1623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, 2011 Fiesta
Hi there, newcomer here,
I bought my Ranger Lariat FX4 in 2020, been really enjoying it, but I do confess the FX4 suspension while not bad leaves me with a mixed feeling now that it's been a little over a year of having my Ranger. I would like to tone down the body roll when corning, bonus if it tames the bounciness in the rear, still retain the towing/hauling utility and rake (not looking to level or jack it up the ride height too high) and have a generally firmer, tauter ride on/off-road.
I run Continental TerrainContact A/T 265/60R18 tires.

I'm looking at upgrading the suspension and I'm leaning towards the "Fox 2.0 Stage 1 Kit" or "OME 2.5" Kit (Standard Load).

So far the latter from what I've read from Frenchy sounds promising. How would you describe the on-road performance? Did you have to do any cutting of the crash bars etc when having the kit installed.

Or if Jason, or anyone else wishes, does the Fox 2.0 sound like it would be a better option? Thanks.

Here's my Ranger, my project is still work in progress, hoping 2022 will be the year it'll be finished.

239400070_1039291300143054_5407062404604295182_n.jpg

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi there, newcomer here,
I bought my Ranger Lariat FX4 in 2020, been really enjoying it, but I do confess the FX4 suspension while not bad leaves me with a mixed feeling now that it's been a little over a year of having my Ranger. I would like to tone down the body roll when corning, bonus if it tames the bounciness in the rear, still retain the towing/hauling utility and rake (not looking to level or jack it up the ride height too high) and have a generally firmer, tauter ride on/off-road.

I'm looking at upgrading the suspension and I'm leaning towards the "Fox 2.0 Stage 1 Kit" or "OME 2.5" Kit (Standard Load).

So far the latter from what I've read from Frenchy sounds promising. How would you describe the on-road performance? Did you have to do any cutting of the crash bars etc when having the kit installed.

Or if Jason, or anyone else wishes, does the Fox 2.0 sound like it would be a better option? Thanks.

Here's my Ranger, my project is still work in progress, hoping 2022 will be the year it'll be finished.

Try replacing just the rear shocks with Fox, Eibach or Bilsteins. That will do wonders curing many of your complaints with the FX4 handling.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I guess I should update my experience with the OME rear springs. FPP Fox shocks worked until I hit some bumps on I90 at 80mph and fully extended the suspension. I believe I wrecked my rear shocks from those whoopdedoos. Turns at hwy speeds became scary, like the truck was going to tip. It was exacerbated after I picked up the GFC camper. Going straight down the road was fine. Going off-road, it was fine. Turning was another matter. White-knuckled the 3000 miles home. First time I've ever gone the suggested speed those signs say on the corners. For shits and giggles, stopped at a CAT scale and turns out I was over the GVWR by 70 pounds. When I got home, unloaded the truck, realized I had a crapton of tools with me, just in case. Truck handled better after it was unloaded, but it still wasn't good. Ordered the OME shocks that matched the rear leaf springs and oh what a difference. Handling was close to what it was before the Fox rear shocks failed. Still not exactly the same because the rear end is two inches higher, but its better.

Oh, and I broke the windshield on that trip. Set up an appt to replace the windshield and have the radar and sensors recalibrated, but the glass shop couldn't do it because the truck wasn't stock height. Had to take it to the dealership to have it all done.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi there, newcomer here,

@egilbe isnt wrong if all you want to do is control bounce. A simple shock replacement by Eibach, Bilstein or for in the rear will help quite a bit!!

As for OME the on road performance is very well. Since I first made this post I have made a few changes. For starters I now have 285/70-17's. The tires are on the factory wheels with no spacers and I do not have any major rubbing. Also I have swaybar disconnects(been disconnected for a few months now lol) and to say the least the ride has been good over all. Now mind you with the lift and tires it may not seem like much but with am effective lift of 4 in the front and 3 in the rear(yes that counts the tires) you notice a difference getting in the truck.

nrspence

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger FX4
Occupation
Wildland firefighter
I guess I should update my experience with the OME rear springs. FPP Fox shocks worked until I hit some bumps on I90 at 80mph and fully extended the suspension. I believe I wrecked my rear shocks from those whoopdedoos. Turns at hwy speeds became scary, like the truck was going to tip. It was exacerbated after I picked up the GFC camper. Going straight down the road was fine. Going off-road, it was fine. Turning was another matter. White-knuckled the 3000 miles home. First time I've ever gone the suggested speed those signs say on the corners. For shits and giggles, stopped at a CAT scale and turns out I was over the GVWR by 70 pounds. When I got home, unloaded the truck, realized I had a crapton of tools with me, just in case. Truck handled better after it was unloaded, but it still wasn't good. Ordered the OME shocks that matched the rear leaf springs and oh what a difference. Handling was close to what it was before the Fox rear shocks failed. Still not exactly the same because the rear end is two inches higher, but its better.

Oh, and I broke the windshield on that trip. Set up an appt to replace the windshield and have the radar and sensors recalibrated, but the glass shop couldn't do it because the truck wasn't stock height. Had to take it to the dealership to have it all done.
So you blew your Fox 2.0 rear shocks?

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My guess is the set he had were part of a bad batch. Fox usually holds up to my understanding. With that said I have had the Old Man EMU lift for a year and a half and 30,000 miles and have not had any failure what so ever.

nrspence

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger FX4
Occupation
Wildland firefighter
My guess is the set he had were part of a bad batch. Fox usually holds up to my understanding. With that said I have had the Old Man EMU lift for a year and a half and 30,000 miles and have not had any failure what so ever.
Appreciate all your posts on this thread. I think I’m going to go with the 1.7 rear OME springs, I currently have the Fox 2.0 rear shocks out back and eibach front coilovers at 2.5 inches of height with total chaos upper control arms.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That was always a possibility knowing the travel in the OME Springs was longer than the Fox shock. It would have been fine except for hitting that patch of road on I90 at 80mph.

jcole217

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Finally got my shipment notification from FedEx for my OME heavy load kit!!! Ordered back in December, I’m very excited to get it installed soon.

Chalupajones

First Name
John-Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Facility Technician
Hey guys I’m installing my OME rear leaf spring kit and I need to know which way the OEM leaf spacer plate with the locator pin goes in.
Sponsored