The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Hey
Hey the last ranger did you get the m-6766-b23 oil separator installed yet I'm curious if it fits ok and if you removed the stock plastic hose without breaking anything.
I haven't received it yet, and its not shipped yet, still waiting unfortunately.
Sponsored

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Hey
Hey the last ranger did you get the m-6766-b23 oil separator installed yet I'm curious if it fits ok and if you removed the stock plastic hose without breaking anything.
Okay, I received the parts today and installed this morning. It was a pain in the butt getting the lower connector off as was mentioned. I used a right angle pick as Nacho-business mentioned and a small screwdriver to crack the plastic. As for fitment the lower hose had to be flexed to make the connection where as the top hose fit perfectly.

Now if you were to remove some of the hoses(the small ones,not the radiater hose) that block easy access to the lower connection this would make the job easier. I didn't do that and so I struggled getting access but then again I'm almost 69 so everything is a struggle these days.

The good news its installed so hopefully it will do its job.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford ranger tremor
Occupation
Diesel tech
Okay, I received the parts today and installed this morning. It was a pain in the butt getting the lower connector off as was mentioned. I used a right angle pick as Nacho-business mentioned and a small screwdriver to crack the plastic. As for fitment the lower hose had to be flexed to make the connection where as the top hose fit perfectly.

Now if you were to remove some of the hoses(the small ones,not the radiater hose) that block easy access to the lower connection this would make the job easier. I didn't do that and so I struggled getting access but then again I'm almost 69 so everything is a struggle these days.

The good news its installed so hopefully it will do its job.
Ok,thanks for the update let us know what you catch in it.

Spatula

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT, 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude
Occupation
Diner Owner, Chef, Chief Pot Washer
a wee bit off topic but can anyone tell me if those barbs you attach the AOS to are the same size as the barbs for the pcv lines (12.61)?

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Is Ford updating the information in real time or what? Now it shows the B23 is 2020-2023 on the product page (instructions still show 2022-2023.

Well I will have to check my 2021 before ordering a kit. The Ford screen seems to be more elaborate than the aftermarket options.

OldBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger 3.slow XL 2wd
Occupation
Officially Retired but busier than ever !
Mine had the orange tabs on the lower and it was a pain in the ass because the fitting it goes to is also plastic. I ended up twisting the tube so I could see the lock better and used a 90 degree pick to break the tabs, then it popped right off.
I found that if you use something like a PEX cutter and cut the lower tube about 6 or 8 inches from the bottom connection you don't have to fight the tube as much . I just used a small flat blade screwdriver to pry apart the connector. Not too bad of a job once you figure out a strategy. Very clean looking install when it is done.

RRRANGERXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RACE RED RANGER XLT, 2021 TESLA MODEL Y
So my ranger is built in 12/2019 so it’s a 2020 without the sensor and I bout the r23 separator does that mean I’ll have to get the hose with the sensor? If so what plugs into the sensor?

JimJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FX4. Level2. 2022 SC FX4 on order
Occupation
Retired
Mine had the orange tabs on the lower and it was a pain in the ass because the fitting it goes to is also plastic. I ended up twisting the tube so I could see the lock better and used a 90 degree pick to break the tabs, then it popped right off.
Yes the lower was a pain in the ass. My arm looks like I stuck in a box of angry cats🤣

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I was nervous to break the top fitting before getting the lower off - but, it seems like it makes it a bit easier to rotate and access the clips after the upper is removed. I guess I just need to commit. It was getting dark and didn’t want to leave the better half without a mode of transportation if I screwed up.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I was nervous to break the top fitting before getting the lower off - but, it seems like it makes it a bit easier to rotate and access the clips after the upper is removed. I guess I just need to commit. It was getting dark and didn’t want to leave the better half without a mode of transportation if I screwed up.
Did you get the R23A kit?

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get the R23A kit?
Yup! I brought the reported issues to their attention when I ordered from @Stage3Motorsports. They were unaware of the problems people were having (only had one version available on their site no matter the model year). Frank made sure the correct part was shipping from Ford before getting a shipping confirmation.

Just finished installation. Cutting the factory hose with a PVC pipe cutter to be able to rotate the bottom fitting was the move.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to call this a nice engine wear upgrade for cold weather. In the summer my catch can was nearly bone dry. Now after just a month or two of cold starts I emptied my catch can and poured out like a quarter cup of gas! By trapping and pouring it off surely it will maintain lower fuel dilution in the winter.

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m going to call this a nice engine wear upgrade for cold weather. In the summer my catch can was nearly bone dry. Now after just a month or two of cold starts I emptied my catch can and poured out like a quarter cup of gas! By trapping and pouring it off surely it will maintain lower fuel dilution in the winter.
Orange & milky?

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
transparent homogenous amber that smells like gas
Yeah, that’s what I find in my UPR can on my Bronco regularly. Sometimes more oily than others. In winter it will get filled quicker. Reminds me that I need to dump it.
Sponsored