First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Until you get to the dealer and they tell you that you're stupid to look at anything but an F150 because that's what you really want. :rolleyes:
My salesman was right up front, told me I could get the same options in an F150 for double the price.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I think it looks great and will have a niche- people who think that the current midsized trucks are too big, unrefined, and “trucky” but still want an open bed for dirty gear or the odd furniture or appliance. Most people I see with trucks never take it off road and I never see them use the bed.
i do worry about ford saturating their own market and Ranger (again) getting the short end of the stick. I love my Ranger but Ford didn’t seem to take much care in getting it to consumers- we don’t have cool doodads like the bronco or the bronco sport has (easter eggs on the windshield, integrated molle panels, snazzy tie-downs (infact many of us lost two in the bed!), and in comparison to the refinements of the F150- we don’t even get their leftovers from 5 years ago. It’s crazy how we didn’t even get an ignition trim on our trucks!
Anyway, what I am trying to say is that while the Ranger is an excellent truck, ford will likely see a decline in sales of the ranger because of these new offerings and I hope ford doesn’t think it’s because people no longer want rangers, but because ford neglected the ranger for its new siblings.
I'm of the same mind Ray. While the Ranger may pull some sales from the F-150, the Maverick could very well gut Ranger sales. Myself I wouldn't be interested in a smaller truck like the Ranger. I just sold a '92 Toyota pick-up because the bed at 53" wouldn't carry some of the things I needed hauled, and I just used as a weekend warrior. However, I wish Ford luck, and hope I'm wrong.

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Found this. Looks Subaruish.

2022-ford-maverick-pickup-rendering.jpg

Reactions: Doc

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Please excuse my amateur photo hack... but a two door looks promising.

Think 2022 Maverick Ranchero

2022 Ford Maverick Ranchero Pickup Rendering.jpg

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
If it has some of the guys on this forum thinking seriously about getting one, then it will find its market more generally. For me, the Ranger is just the right size right now. I would consider going a little bigger and heavier in future but would not want to go in the other direction. To each his own....
like how it now bumped my wife outta the heated garage, my 4dr hemi ram never fit that well..sure I could shoehorn it in to work on it but it was a pain the butt. love how it is so much easier to park, I miss all my cubby/bin areas to stow stuff though.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Please excuse my amateur photo hack... but a two door looks promising.

Think 2022 Maverick Ranchero

2022 Ford Maverick Ranchero Pickup Rendering.jpg
like I said earlier a modern Ranchero! I'd at least drive it, but im kinda done with beta-testing 1st run models for FORD though

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You're acting like those are bad things. The Ranger used to be small too, and yet no one complained about that. I've said it before that for most home owning adventurer people, this is essentially all they need. The comfort of a car, car like size/space and amenities at the front, and outside storage area at the back for yard work, small home improvement projects, and outdoor gear. Sure it won't haul a dirt bike. If you need to haul a dirt bike, then get something else, but most people don't have dirt bikes. If this can fit my fatbike in the bed, comes with AWD and a hybrid, is capable enough to hit some forest roads and two-tracks, and can tow at least 2200lbs, then that's all I need, and all/more than most people need if we all really step back and look at our lives. Maybe you need more capability and size, but then this truck isn't for you, but that doesn't mean it isn't for somebody.
You are reading my brief comments all wrong, I never said anything was 'bad' just my commentary about some people failing to process the obvious when looking at a small vehicle then wondering/crying/yada-yada about its lack of 'X' or limitations or perceived 'failings'. It obviously wont carry/tow/etc as much as a f150/ranger or others. I bought a ranger, from a 4dr full size hemi ram 1500. I fully accepted its limitations by comparison..still bought it. do i miss being able to carry all the 'stuff' I used to? Yes. But in the end its a trade-off and since I have a job I can change my situation if/when I desire.
I really d.f.c what folks choose to drive as long as they stay outta my way and off them damn phones. buy a big truck and have room inside it for your bike OR buy a small truck and get a trailer.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
FWD based pickup, super short bed? I'll pass. I would still spend my money on a Ranger.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Whatever this is, it is not the C2 Maverick. Look at the C-pillar and taillight area compared to the one @Administrator posted in the header.
2022-ford-maverick-pickup-rendering.jpg
It's a rendering... not a real truck.
:surprised:

Any similarities between this and the finished product is merely coincidental.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Can you say 4 door Subby Brat?
Sponsored