First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Finance
For someone like myself who lives close to the city, this would be a great truck. I got the Ranger because of it's size, but this one may even fit me better.

Sadly I'm going to be selling my Ranger in a couple months because I'm moving into the city and don't have a use for a vehicle anymore, but once I move back out and buy a house in a year or so I will definitely be looking at the Maverick. It's hard to beat for someone who lives in the suburbs of a major city.

It's obviously not going to appeal to everyone, but this truck will have its crowd and its uses. I only do DYI projects (which is why they mentioned it so many times in the video) so I don't need an F-150 with a huge payload. And this will be able to navigate the city as well, which even in a Ranger is cumbersome at times.

The fact that this starts at $20k, and I can get a Lariat for $30k is amazing. Don't know if I'd get the hybrid or the gas engine (probably hybrid since it'd mostly be a commuter/cruiser) but this is a truck for people who like trucks but don't really have a major use for them like myself.

Now, if I can convince the soon to be fiancé to allow me to get a boat.... everything I just said might fall by the wayside ;)

Additionally, if we finally get a Ranger Raptor then I think my interest in the Maverick would wane as well, but I'm not holding my breath.....
Sponsored

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
If I could get 40 mpg's for 20k in this thing I would consider replacing my winter beater with it. Would make me a great hockey practice commuter (45 mins one way, 3 times a week) for the kids with just a simple tonneau cover. I like it!

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
This thing is pretty sweet. As others said, it's not for me. I need to have a real 4x4 to be able to get through bigger snow storms when we retire to the mountains. If it came in a scab with 4x4, it would certainly be in the running.

The tricked out bed is nice, and the storage options too.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
My dad texted me and told me he'll be buying one, haha.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
i didnt question your opinion, just offered mine that i see no connection to them at all.
Fords been running a crossbar on the truck line for a long time. the only difference here is its higher up than usual.
Yep and I never was really keen on them as well. The old school open grill with a blue oval in the middle is just fine. I know the Ranger Lariats have the bar but again not for me. Reminds me of stuff from the bow tie guys.

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Yep and I never was really keen on them as well. The old school open grill with a blue oval in the middle is just fine. I know the Ranger Lariats have the bar but again not for me. Reminds me of stuff from the bow tie guys.
Some of you all are incredibly persnickety.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
Hmmm. Just went to the build site and priced a lariat. Around $35k. I was disappointed though that AWD is not available with the hybrid. So, as I said, this isn't for me.
Same, I guess it's like the hybrid Escape in that it only comes fwd.

I'll check one out though when they're on dealer lots. It looks like a super solid little truck which is great.

kickinchicken

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Pro bro
I'm just confused; why isn't it called the "ranger sport"? Or maybe the ranger should be the "f150 sport", and this could be the "f150 sport mini"? Ford should pick a naming convention and then stick to it!
It's based on the Escape chassis, which I believe is just a unibody design. Ranger and F150 are body on frame designs. I think this is meant to compete with vehicles like the Honda Ridgeline.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
2022 model and it has Sync 3?

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
A little more towing capacity from the hybrid would have been nice.
Subaru Outback (non hybrid) but still a 2.5L naturally aspirated 4 cyl. with a CVT tows 2700lbs.
CVT?

No thanks.
Sponsored