Ford denying warranty on Leaf springs

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
I just purchased the Wildtrak springs off ebay. 2 springs with shipping from the UK was about $375. They have some sort of crazy shipping deal. Might be worth checking out to get a quote. I never had to ask about shipping it came up as approved at the rate right away.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144690833638
Those crazy deals on shipping typically evaporate once you get to checkout and enter an Alaska or Hawaii zip code. Especially on Ebay.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Those crazy deals on shipping typically evaporate once you get to checkout and enter an Alaska or Hawaii zip code. Especially on Ebay.
Looks like it still accepts it, even in Alaska.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Well, i have always been trouble free here with my Ranger. I haveots of apologies to hand out with all that have had problems. My 2022 unfortunately is not my 2020.

My leaf springs on my driver side are not aligned together.

And today, for about 2 minutes. My truck was dead. No lights, buzzing, sllash screen nothing with splash screen ford app dead just dead. My phone charger worked though. Weird.
2020 38k miles not a single problem.
2022 not so much :(
Will this leaf give me problems. Already planning to take it off and make it straight

20221219_164804.jpg

RangerAl87

First Name
al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Tech
I have my original leaf springs for sale if interested less than 10k on them. $250 shipping on you of course. Bushings not included. Feel free to PM me .

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
I have my original leaf springs for sale if interested less than 10k on them. $250 shipping on you of course. Bushings not included. Feel free to PM me .
Why would I pay for the same dog shit that broke in the first place Under a uhaul with a washer dryer and a bed set .

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Weight of washer and dryer, tongue weight of trailer, weight of passengers + there in truck goods? And what is your max payload on your door edge sticker?

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
Weight of washer and dryer, tongue weight of trailer, weight of passengers + there in truck goods? And what is your max payload on your door edge sticker?
a lot less than 7500 lbs. on the sticker capacity. sounds like either defective springs or way out of proportion towing capacity numbers.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computers
a lot less than 7500 lbs. on the sticker capacity. sounds like either defective springs or way out of proportion towing capacity numbers.
7500lb is the tow rating, that is not what I'm asking about. Payload is only ~1400lb with gross vehicle at only ~6000lb. If you don't know this, perhaps Ford is right to not warranty it.

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
7500lb is the tow rating, that is not what I'm asking about. Payload is only ~1400lb with gross vehicle at only ~6000lb. If you don't know this, perhaps Ford is right to not warranty it.
A duffle bag, suitcase and a dog put me over the weight youre right. I'm clearly an idiot for not thinking of that.

*clearly Ford warranty not right for anyone since it doesn't cover dick. Must be defending them to justify your fords.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computers
A duffle bag, suitcase and a dog put me over the weight youre right. I'm clearly an idiot for not thinking of that.
Idiot is not what I said. But you still didn't give the total weight of what was in the truck plus the tongue weight of the trailer. Also, what the payload rating for your truck since that varies depending on options.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jake,

I have been party to many "overloads" over my career and what we find is that no one has a scale to weigh items so they give it their best "guess". It is most often way under the real weight.... So what I would request of Ford is to do a fracture analysis on your spring which will flush out if there is a material defect? It is not a design defect. Way too many 5G out there for this to be a systemic design issue.

Did you file a formal complaint Ford Customer Care....I do not recall you doing this...

best,
Phil

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
Hi Jake,

I have been party to many "overloads" over my career and what we find is that no one has a scale to weigh items so they give it their best "guess". It is most often way under the real weight.... So what I would request of Ford is to do a fracture analysis on your spring which will flush out if there is a material defect? It is not a design defect. Way too many 5G out there for this to be a systemic design issue.

Did you file a formal complaint Ford Customer Care....I do not recall you doing this...

best,
Phil
Will do took 6 months for my local dealer to even look at it. Will send an email probably won't hear back till after the holidays. But like I've said a few times in this post I have weight tickets unloaded and loaded and trailed by itself. For reimbursements purposes. All weights under the ratings. But Ford dealer telling me I just overloaded it another time which is just a scummy way to avoid warranty. Will check back when I get response from Ford directly. I'm sure some extreme conditions of the heat wave etc helped the issue.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computers
Will do took 6 months for my local dealer to even look at it. Will send an email probably won't hear back till after the holidays. But like I've said a few times in this post I have weight tickets unloaded and loaded and trailed by itself. For reimbursements purposes. All weights under the ratings. But Ford dealer telling me I just overloaded it another time which is just a scummy way to avoid warranty. Will check back when I get response from Ford directly. I'm sure some extreme conditions of the heat wave etc helped the issue.
Did you share the weight ticket here, I've didn't notice it while scanning through as I was catching up. The loaded with trailer would be ideal. Cat scale should have front and rear axles plus the trailer.

I've used scales on my way to pickup RVs when my wife and son came along as I knew that was going to put my payload really close to the limit and I needed to be sure of where I was. I have a weigh safe hitch so once the trailer was connected I just added that number (just under 600lb) to the scale weight. Had to move 100lb of our gear to the RV to keep the truck under the payload limit, moved 150lb to be safe.

Screenshot_20221224-233302~2.png

Also, I'm not defending Ford. But when I asked for specific info, facts of the event in question, you failed to provide that and just mentioned the tow rating not the weights you were actually working with. Sounded like you were only considering tow limits, not payload.
Sponsored

Last edited: