For those who bought their first pickup, how many 'friends' asked to use it?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Tracy that’s very generous of you. Since no one ever asked, I’ll be the first to ask. I need to transport about 40 bricks of cocaine from Miami up to Dallas. What time are you available? ?
Forget it , mister! :LOL: :LOL::LOL:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

My Ranger has few miles on it as a 2019 with 3200 miles on it but it has been a workhorse for friends and neighbors. Hauling hot water heaters from Home Depot, BIG screens for windows that won't fit on or in a car etc... I am glad to help out. Since I spent 30 years in Ford Light Truck Engineering, I have owned a truck almost the entire time. I drove what I engineered so to speak....

Best,
Phil

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
No requests from friends, just fam damly. Fortunately we have 3 pickups among the family so it isn't often and mainly my kids. Just last week my daughter wanted to borrow it to pick up some landscaping supplies. I asked what day she wanted to go get them. Noone except my wife drives the Ranger.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
In my development, every other home has a pick up in the garage or driveway, all makes n models n years.. Luckily, everyone I associate with owns a pick up, Fords being the favorite. Same friends are heavily into Mustangs also.
Same here, every other home in my development has a truck of some kind, mostly F150s of all ages, sizes, and shapes, and a Silverado, and a Ram, too. But only one Ranger (mine)! I notice that some of the older 150s are not much bigger than my Ranger, which shows how much the 150s have grown over the years.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

My Ranger has few miles on it as a 2019 with 3200 miles on it but it has been a workhorse for friends and neighbors. Hauling hot water heaters from Home Depot, BIG screens for windows that won't fit on or in a car etc... I am glad to help out. Since I spent 30 years in Ford Light Truck Engineering, I have owned a truck almost the entire time. I drove what I engineered so to speak....

Best,
Phil
In some circles, that is called "eating your own cooking"!

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I've always had trucks, and often had commercial trucks at my disposal, so I have always been the go to guy for moving things. Generally I don't mind moving this or that, or the occasional landscape supplies, but I'm not "moving" friends or family ever again.

My truck boxes always get hard tonneau covers, and are for gear storage, not hauling things. I also have a crappy low side trailer rated for 1700 pounds, which is perfect for furniture, landscaping/building materials, or small equipment. It takes a few seconds to hook it up, and everything is easier to load/unload from it, plus (5x7) so more space than my f150 box.

I will loan any of my vehicles to any of 30 or so family and friends, but at least half the people I know have trucks now, so it's a rare thing and normally for the trailer.
Sponsored