For those who bought their first pickup, how many 'friends' asked to use it?

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
So, pretty easy to understand, I have had 2 friends ask in the first yr, 'Hey could you
help me with.... since you have a pickup'
I went 2 hrs to get a scooter & another friend we put grass in bed & dumped somewhere.

Hope there is not another thread like this but I'm getting drunk on a beautiful day.....

Hope you guys are enjoying your long weekend, cheers! ?
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I have had my Ranger almost 3 yrs & no one has asked me to use it or haul anything for them. But, I would in a heartbeat. My husband is another matter. He would use his 2001 F-150, but no way would he let me use the Ranger.:(

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
In my development, every other home has a pick up in the garage or driveway, all makes n models n years.. Luckily, everyone I associate with owns a pick up, Fords being the favorite. Same friends are heavily into Mustangs also.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No one has asked me to use it out here. But when I was living back east me and all my friends had this rule. You can use anything of mine but if you break it you fix it and if you total it you own it. One of my friends borrowed another motorcycle helmet and it slipped out of his hand and hit the ground putting a big scratch it in. He just looked at him and asked "how much". That's the way it should be!

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
I tell myself that I bought a truck so I can secretly resent my friends when they ask for help moving stuff.

So far, I got roped into towing an S Chassis Nissan at some point................

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have owned a truck continuously since 1979. The first one was bought new and the Ranger was bought new, the others were spare vehicles. When my brother was without a truck he would borrow mine on occasion and my kids have used them. But the two that were bought new have never been driven by anyone but my wife and I. For the most part all my friends have their own trucks.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Ranger almost 3 yrs & no one has asked me to use it or haul anything for them. But, I would in a heartbeat. My husband is another matter. He would use his 2001 F-150, but no way would he let me use the Ranger.:(
Tracy that’s very generous of you. Since no one ever asked, I’ll be the first to ask. I need to transport about 40 bricks of cocaine from Miami up to Dallas. What time are you available? ?