How many points to get performance pack?

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
Have the Ford visa and wanted to know if anyone knew how many points it is to be able to cover the cost of the performance pack?
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
About 40,000 points = $200, so should be easy to figure out if you know the price of the Performance Pack.

Vr22s

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
Biotech
Each point is worth about $0.005 .

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Why do companies insist on asinine point systems that make you go look up their value like exchanging money between countries.

"Hey guys instead of doing $1 = 1 point, lets like put lots of zeros in there so it looks like an incredible amount. Because reasons."

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
and don't forget to use point to buy accessories you must go into the dealer. I don't think any of the mailorder dealers will let you use points on discounted items. (please let me know if I am wrong as I need to buy some stuff)

Reactions: R_B

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
and don't forget to use point to buy accessories you must go into the dealer. I don't think any of the mailorder dealers will let you use points on discounted items. (please let me know if I am wrong as I need to buy some stuff)
Did you try this guy's suggestion from the thread you started?

That wasn't my experience going thru https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/. Worked strictly via email with Nate and got a competitive price. He even did some math to allow me to pay the balance via CC.
edit: Emailed a quote that included a link to purchase. Had the Bedrug in only a few days.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer is so horrible that the idiots in the parts department give me a price well above MSRP. I then show them Fairway Ford prices and they shed their idiot skins and match those prices which are well below MSRP.
It really pisses me off that they won't even quote me an MSRP but up to $100 over on some things that are not that expensive. For instance, my hood deflector was like $75 at Fairway and my dealer tried to charge me 180 I think it was. Ridiculous.
On a side note on those points, Ford Pass gave me 11,000 points just because of malfunctions with the app. I never said anything about it so they did that on their own which also shows about their tracking.
Also, isn't that performance pack about $850? I also saw the other day that if you don't run high octane fuel in it and have bigger than 265/70/17 tires, it voids the warranty. Can anybody validate this? I was about to go into get that but having to run a high-octane all the time is a turn off for me. It cost me a little over $20 difference in a tank full and a full tank for every week is an extra $80 a month.
I just reread the OP and saw that it was a Ford visa on the points. I'm going to leave my reply the way it is just for the additional info there.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
My dealer is just the opposite. The several parts I've bought....I searched the Ford parts web sites and different dealers to find the suggested retail and then what the lowest price was from various dealers, and he matched the lowest price I could find. Big plus...no shipping charges.

f1loco

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JAG F-Type 400S - last of the British Fords
Levittown - $650 shipped right now - or least a few days ago. Mine will be here Monday.

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
It took 28,194 points for the install, I did everything except the final step. It’s been great!

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
Sorry, I lost track of that thread. thanks for the reminder.
Not yet. I need to Get my points from buying the truck before I can use them.

The truck is sitting at a railroad yard 100 miles from me, but its still needs to go another 150 miles to get to the yard that delivers to the dealer :(.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Have the Ford visa and wanted to know if anyone knew how many points it is to be able to cover the cost of the performance pack?
Keep in mind that you cannot purchase the performance pack from most dealers. The dealer has to also be a dealer of Ford Performance Parts. Most are not.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Also, isn't that performance pack about $850? I also saw the other day that if you don't run high octane fuel in it and have bigger than 265/70/17 tires, it voids the warranty. Can anybody validate this? I was about to go into get that but having to run a high-octane all the time is a turn off for me. It cost me a little over $20 difference in a tank full and a full tank for every week is an extra $80 a month.
Running high octane fuel is the price of admission to more performance, it has always been that way. But WOW, $20 extra per tank for high test! That's $1.33 per gallon more based on a 15 gallon fill, I live south east of Boston and high test is about $0.50 per gallon more $7.50 per 15 gallon fill.

In regards to your warranty Ford can't just void it. They can deny a claim because the mod you made caused a failure of something else or the mod it self failed. Using your examples installing the FP tune then running 87 in it resulted in knock that ultimately resulted in an internal engine failure they could deny covering the engine repairs. Or putting on tires larger than specified resulted in a wheel bearing failure the cost of replacing the wheel bearing could be denied.

The other thing to keep in mind is the dealer service department is not obligated to work on modified vehicles, that does not mean your warranty has been voided, they are just avoiding liability. Best to talk to the service manager and get his feelings on modified vehicles before modding.

There is an old hot rodders saying, "if you want to play you have to be willing to pay".

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Why do companies insist on asinine point systems that make you go look up their value like exchanging money between countries.

"Hey guys instead of doing $1 = 1 point, lets like put lots of zeros in there so it looks like an incredible amount. Because reasons."
It's much easier to raise or lower the value of points relative to the dollar. The smaller the denomination of the point, the more fine tuning of the value vs the dollar, the more retention of profit for the issuer.
For example:
If a Ford-branded Bic pen cost $1, the current points needed would equal 200: $0.005 (1/2 cent) x 200 points = $1. If everybody started using points, Ford could devalue the points independent of the value of the dollar: $0.0025 (1/4 cent) x 400 points = $1; so then it would require buying more stuff to get more points, to get the same pen.

Credit card issuers , oil companies, car companies etc issue points to increase customer loyalty by encouraging repeat shopping of their products. A discount or sale moves a lot of merchandise over a short period of time; good for clearance and brand awareness, but not as effective for customer loyalty. There is no cash value for points, unlike a co-op which issues a periodic cash dividend as an option.

Works for me. I pay $0.00 for Quick Lane maintenance on both my cars using points I acquire day to day using my Ford Visa.

When I bought my 2021 Ranger, they let me keep the Ford pen I used to sign the documents-didn't need to use any points!
grin.jpg
Sponsored