Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got everything working with forscan. So I took the Ford in today to add climate to my screen and heated seats icons. When I got my vehicle back they fix the climate all right. They flashed sync 3.3. So I had to start all over again reflashing 3.3 to 3.4. That went fine but was another 30 minutes of the truck running. And another 30 minutes playing with forscan. Pay my $10 got a one-year subscription in case I want to change anything else. I didn't say anything to the dealer because we're really not supposed to have 3.4 yet. At least they didn't charge me.

So I get home and want to reflash sync 3 to sync 4 and using forscan to turn off things and on things. there is a couple of things I couldn't find because I was using an F-150 list. One being 5 flashes when you tap the turn signal stalk. I'll be looking for those later on. I also didn't see a place where I can make my brights work with my fog lights. All in I love 3.4. Well worth the time and aggravation

20200325_193312.jpg

20200325_193331.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
Did the climate stay after you updated it this time or did you have to fix it yourself?

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did the climate stay after you updated it this time or did you have to fix it yourself?
I had to fix it myself using forscan. Wasn't hard at all. Since I flashed all my motorcycles I'm not afraid of flashing But I don't want to flash any tuners. Using forscan was pretty cool.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard
I had to fix it myself using forscan. Wasn't hard at all. Since I flashed all my motorcycles I'm not afraid of flashing But I don't want to flash any tuners. Using forscan was pretty cool.
Just got my adapter and fixed mine. Yay

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my adapter and fixed mine. Yay
The other thing that I found out was that you have to also change some BCM settings for certain things and APIM for other things. I didn't go to the BCM so needless to say I didn't turn off the double horn or redo the fog lamps. Next time I get a moment I'm going to hook it all up again and see if I can find those settings in the BCM, But I'm going to back up the BCM and the APIM before I do anything further.... At least I know Ford will flash it back to 3.3 if need be. lol

Last edited:

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard
I used the file from the fix in the link and it worked. It just has a euro speed limit sign on the maps. Still playing with other things.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I used the file from the fix in the link and it worked. It just has a euro speed limit sign on the maps. Still playing with other things.
I'm curious. How did you install the ABT file? I had to go to use forscan to get the icons back for the climate controls,,,

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NC National Guard
I'm curious. How did you install the ABT file? I had to go to use forscan to get the icons back for the climate controls,,,
With forscan open there is an option to load a file. I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, but I did look it up on youtube before getting my adapter.

Czaplewskin

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Lariat FX4
Finally got everything working with forscan. So I took the Ford in today to add climate to my screen and heated seats icons. When I got my vehicle back they fix the climate all right. They flashed sync 3.3. So I had to start all over again reflashing 3.3 to 3.4. That went fine but was another 30 minutes of the truck running. And another 30 minutes playing with forscan. Pay my $10 got a one-year subscription in case I want to change anything else. I didn't say anything to the dealer because we're really not supposed to have 3.4 yet. At least they didn't charge me.

So I get home and want to reflash sync 3 to sync 4 and using forscan to turn off things and on things. there is a couple of things I couldn't find because I was using an F-150 list. One being 5 flashes when you tap the turn signal stalk. I'll be looking for those later on. I also didn't see a place where I can make my brights work with my fog lights. All in I love 3.4. Well worth the time and aggravation

20200325_193312.jpg

20200325_193331.jpg
Is there a link to the FORscan device that you use that you'd recommend? I'm starting to miss my climate controls...

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Is there a link to the FORscan device that you use that you'd recommend? I'm starting to miss my climate controls...
https://forscan.org/download.html
Buy the adapter they recommend in the link. Mine has a can bus toggle switch and it is extremely annoying, so don't do that. OBDlink EX is on my "forum induced" money spending list.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Is there a link or something to what needs to be done in Forscan to fix the missing climate controls after the upgrade?

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
WELL, I STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL BUILD THAT CAME WITH MY 2019 SO I THINK I'LL STICK WITH IT AS INSTALLING THE MOST RECENT (3.4) DIDN'T BRING ANYTHING NEW TO THE TABLE OTHER THAN LOTS OF TROUBLES AND BUBBLES

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired

20200325_193312.jpg

20200325_193331.jpg
All of the comments so far are about Sync - I just want to comment about your musical tastes! Married in the 70's, Captain and Tennille were one of my wife's favorite couples, just about wore out that LP listening to them. Her favorite song was 'Love Will Keep Us Together'. So after 46+ years, I suppose it has.
Sponsored