Father and Son Build a '21 Ranger Lariat Tremor

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ranger Tremor, ‘20 Raptor, ‘14 Jeep SRT
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor in Carbonized Gray ($46,520 MSRP)
Purchased and Delivered: 4/8/2021 (Future Ford of Roseville - Thanks Tyler!)

This truck was purchased with the intention of being handed down to my 13 year old son as his first vehicle. I also have an 8 year old son that will also take ownership of this truck as his first vehicle. It's been a dream of mine since my first son was born to be able to do this, and I'm proud to say we were able to accomplish it! Safe, reliable, and plenty of utility to make the perfect first vehicle!

I personally drive a '20 Raptor 802A that I bought on Christmas Eve of '20. Also purchased from Tyler at Future Ford of Roseville. Tell them Strongarm sent you. This FF Ranger is an absolute perfect compliment to my truck! I'm really looking forward to seeing how we progress through this build.

First Things First:
  • Line-X Premium
  • Retrax Pro XR
  • VIPMOTOZ Smoked Side Markers
  • DeeZee Tailgate Damper
  • Window Tint
I had to knock out these initial items to get the truck to where I felt it was a bit more "secure". Now we can travel with the truck and have some valuable stored away for safe keeping.

Next up, Lighting!!

My Raptor is getting a facelift here in the next week or two, so I will be repurposing some Baja Designs Squadron Pros onto the A-Pillar with some SDHQ mounts I picked up.

Coming soon, I'm planning on an RCI bed rack with a ROAM (possibly) tent with all of the fixin's!

I know, I know...this thread is worthless without pics...

They're coming soon!

Feel free to see previous builds as well as the Raptor and more on my IG @StrongarmGarage

B58C4F25-81FC-47DB-A382-35DBBF676D58.jpeg

FC436C9E-AEBE-489A-8C75-DE081EDD8EC9.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor in Carbonized Gray ($46,520 MSRP)
Purchased and Delivered: 4/8/2021 (Future Ford of Roseville - Thanks Tyler!)

This truck was purchased with the intention of being handed down to my 13 year old son as his first vehicle. I also have an 8 year old son that will also take ownership of this truck as his first vehicle. It's been a dream of mine since my first son was born to be able to do this, and I'm proud to say we were able to accomplish it! Safe, reliable, and plenty of utility to make the perfect first vehicle!

I personally drive a '20 Raptor 802A that I bought on Christmas Eve of '20. Also purchased from Tyler at Future Ford of Roseville. Tell them Strongarm sent you. This FF Ranger is an absolute perfect compliment to my truck! I'm really looking forward to seeing how we progress through this build.

First Things First:
  • Line-X Premium
  • Retrax Pro XR
  • VIPMOTOZ Smoked Side Markers
  • DeeZee Tailgate Damper
  • Window Tint
I had to knock out these initial items to get the truck to where I felt it was a bit more "secure". Now we can travel with the truck and have some valuable stored away for safe keeping.

Next up, Lighting!!

My Raptor is getting a facelift here in the next week or two, so I will be repurposing some Baja Designs Squadron Pros onto the A-Pillar with some SDHQ mounts I picked up.

Coming soon, I'm planning on an RCI bed rack with a ROAM (possibly) tent with all of the fixin's!

I know, I know...this thread is worthless without pics...

They're coming soon!

Feel free to see previous builds as well as the Raptor and more on my IG @StrongarmGarage
glad you could plan something "big" for your boys, anytime spent is always a plus in my book!:thumbsup::like:

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
Do you want a 3rd son?? I can mow the lawn really well and I smoke a mean brisket/pig!!! ???

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
How does the Tremor do fitting into your garage? I am about to put the same height tires on my FX4 and it now has a 2" level. Just bought a new house with a large single door (2 car garage). I measured the height and think I have plenty to spare, but then I look at the Ranger and I wonder...

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
The Ranger will fit in any garage... as long as the door and ceiling are tall enough. :like:

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The Ranger will fit in any garage... as long as the door and ceiling are tall enough. :like:
Lol, that is what I was asking. Just wanted to see what his experience was. I measure 85" to the rubber seal at the top of my garage opening and my door is 16' wide and the inside of the garage about 24' wide, so I know on paper that should give me plenty, but it never hurts to ask.

Can't wait to move in so I can measure with the truck.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Well, if push comes to shove, you can do what I have to do with my Tahoe if I park it in a normal garage. Air down the big BFG tires to half flat to get passed the garage door's lowest point. I'll be damned if my 2002 Tahoe that's never left the south and has better paint than my 2021 Ranger gets sun faded, haha.

OP
OP
Strongarm Garage
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Strongarm Garage
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does the Tremor do fitting into your garage? I am about to put the same height tires on my FX4 and it now has a 2" level. Just bought a new house with a large single door (2 car garage). I measured the height and think I have plenty to spare, but then I look at the Ranger and I wonder...
It stays outside, but would fit no problem. Sold the muscle cars and built a home gym in their place!

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
It'll fit. I have a 2in level and 33" tires and I still have an inch or two before the antenna hits anything. Worst case, you order a Stubby!

OP
OP
Strongarm Garage
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabbed a few driveway pics of the truck to show a few items I’ve knocked out so far.

I had to get rid of the orange side markers, so a set of these smoked lenses were in order.

B75E495B-5E14-4E46-BDD5-D9ECA89CDB2F.jpeg

The Retrax Pro XR fit the needs on this truck, as I’m planning on an RCI Rack or the equivalent in the near future.

8361FA7D-D372-4090-8226-141EE683B32D.jpeg

The bed is filthy, but here you can see the Line-X Premium I had sprayed. They said they have a proprietary blend that provides even more protection. However, it doesn’t do anything for water spots!

7B3CC33E-5BD2-4B07-A984-9CDD2B544D53.jpeg

OP
OP
Strongarm Garage
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to pull the Baja Designs Squadron Pros off my Raptor and put them on the Ranger, but needed something to fill their place on the Raptor first.

So an ADD Pro Bumper and Light Hoop with OnX6 bar and (5) LP6s should do the trick.

CC9BB9AC-A4ED-490C-A461-EBEAA3FFCBDE.jpeg

Wired everything up with a Switch Pros unit in the stock location of the upfitter switches.

4BE01F5D-A0F7-48E3-BC0D-14BDAC559352.jpeg

Now I can move over to the Ranger again and get back to the build. Sorry for the Raptor content, but it’s a crossover part!

OP
OP
Strongarm Garage
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Things have changed slightly, based on the used vehicle market!

I owned the Gray Tremor for 62 days, before selling it for more than I bought it for, and then went out and got the same initial deal on another Tremor in Velocity Blue.

The difference in price, more than made up for the loss of the tax and license.

First things I wanted to do were swap over the existing parts and protect the bed and interior.

E4C32A6E-90BE-41C0-A254-EB2D88289F9C.jpeg

Once again, I chose the Line-X Premium for the truck. I think I'll prefer this over the standard Line-X in the long run.

6483CD89-ABBF-423B-B867-DE250897B761.jpeg

Almost 18 years of doing business with Juan at Tints R Us in San Jose. He's tinted every single vehicle I've owned since then, and many more that I've brought to him. Feel free to look him up if you need quality work in the Bay Area. Had to go 5% all around including the windshield strip.

C679EEDF-C03C-4301-9997-05067A93F407.jpeg

I threw in some TufSkinz Gloss Red Letter Inserts for the grill. They matched the Tremor accents perfectly, and have a nice dome appearance to them. TufSkins Grill Letters

I also went with the painted emblems from the guy in Texas everyone gets them from off ebay. Came as expected, and I really like the subtle change to the front and rear styling! Chrome has got to go!

F4441F20-4429-4458-82A9-80A37B9C18CC.jpeg

I had purchased this Air Design Tailgate Applique for the Gray Tremor, because I liked the idea of it matching my Raptor a bit. I didn't like how it looked on the test fit, so I stored it aside. However, I really like the contrast against the Velocity Blue, so went with it!

I also threw on some raised black letters with red accents that I saw on Amazon. Fit and finish is great! These are not decals, but actual raised emblems. Raised Black and Red Tailgate Letters

FEDCCF2F-3BDF-4697-8D47-1DA581D4C524.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: