whoisdp

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 IS300
Occupation
Photographer
Did you take any pictures? I am curious what caused problems. I will be swapping my badges in the spring.
unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures during the install. It was just a major pain getting the middle plastic piece out. In the stage 3 grill install the middle plastic piece seems to come out by angling it down and then pulling out. On mine that was impossible because the sides of that piece seem to be wider. Hard to explain but I’ll try to get a photo next time I’m in there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
whoisdp

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
A few weeks ago I ordered the BuiltRight Industries molle bed panels. They finally came in this week so I threw them on this morning. Really nice quality and very easy to install. I like having tools easily accessible. On the drivers side I've got my Fiskars chopper and splitters, a fixed blade utility knife( I think it's a Smith and Wesson. It was cheap but it's held up well to general camping abuse) and a small pouch that has some small items. Passenger side has a small fire extinguisher, baby shovel, and another molle pouch with my ARB deflator. I wish Builtright had a rear panel as well. It would be nice to have a third panel to mount recover boards/straps to. I'll have to think of a solution for that.

I'm dying to go camping but I'm about to be slammed with work so it's going to be a while before a proper trip. I may be able to squeeze in a quick weekend camping trip next weekend but I've got shoots in Scotland, London, and NYC next month so I'll be gone most of March.

IMG_3624.jpg
IMG_3625.jpg

hogsrear

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX
Great truck! Loving the subtle mods so far. Got my RC light bar today, hopefully going to install soon. Looks awesome on here.

Edit – did you ever find out what caused the issue on yours?

Last edited:
OP
OP
whoisdp

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
I've been traveling a ton for work and haven't really had much time to work on or adventure in the Tremor lately. I did just put on the Bold Performance catback exhaust this morning. They're local to me so I was able to pick it up from them on my lunch and slapped it on today.

IMG_4841.jpg

Install is pretty straight forward. Just a real pain in the ass to get the factory muffler off and mount the Bold one to the factory front pipe. Besides that, super impressed with the quality especially at this price point. I opted for the black tip for incognito purposes.
IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

I really like the sound. Way less wimpy than stock. The little rattle on let off in the video is totally gone. No idea what that was because I didn't even hear it until I replayed the video. Weird. No clue. Hoping to save some nickels and dimes for a rack and RTT next.

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
I've been traveling a ton for work and haven't really had much time to work on or adventure in the Tremor lately. I did just put on the Bold Performance catback exhaust this morning. They're local to me so I was able to pick it up from them on my lunch and slapped it on today.

IMG_4841.jpg

Install is pretty straight forward. Just a real pain in the ass to get the factory muffler off and mount the Bold one to the factory front pipe. Besides that, super impressed with the quality especially at this price point. I opted for the black tip for incognito purposes.
IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

I really like the sound. Way less wimpy than stock. The little rattle on let off in the video is totally gone. No idea what that was because I didn't even hear it until I replayed the video. Weird. No clue. Hoping to save some nickels and dimes for a rack and RTT next.
I really enjoy my Bold Performance exhaust. Have had it on for a little over 5 months and avout 6500 miles on it. It gets even deeper with time. Its awesome.

OP
OP
whoisdp

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
My girlfriend and I went to the Pure 4x4 Basecamp 5.0 event near Big Bear this weekend so I shot quite a few photos.
We left a little late on Friday and got to our campsite as the sun was going down. We opted for a camp on the outskirts of the campground. We didn't want to get too rowdy and figured some solitude would be nice.
ranger0025.jpg

I woke up early Saturday morning and took some photos/made breakfast before we planned to hit a few nearby trails.
ranger0027.jpg

Eventually we left campsite and did a few easy trails. Mostly just wanted to casually explore and take some photos. Had a great time enjoying being outside of the city. The area got quite a bit of rain on Thursday. My shiny new Bold exhaust wasn't so shiny anymore.
ranger0029.jpg
ranger0036.jpg

ranger0044.jpg

Got back to the campsite just before sunset and made some steaks and checked out the stars.

ranger0043.jpg
ranger0032.jpg
ranger0046.jpg

Got up early and did one more easy trail on the way out before heading home. Overall the event was a lot of fun. Didn't win any sweet prizes in the giveaway. It's an event geared a little more towards people who want to cut loose and get rowdy. The night's were more of a party than I expected. But it was cool to see a lot of sick trucks. Probably 90% Toyota/Lexus 9.9% other miscellaneous rigs, and exactly 1 other Ranger. lol.

ranger0049.jpg

ranger0050.jpg

I just ordered a set of GoRhino RB10 Slim running boards that should be here this week. Hoping they sit closer to the body than the Tremor steps. Tired of busting my legs on them. Also ordered the Turbosmart BOV and an AEM dry flow filter. Hopefully that all arrives this week. Then I swear I am not spending any money until I get a rack/RTT.

OP
OP
whoisdp

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Finally installed the RB10 Slim steps. It was a big hassle getting it done and wound up taking about 3 weeks. Some of the hardware was missing. I had nuts/bolts for the brackets but the U-channels and bolts to mount the steps to the brackets were MIA. I emailed their customer service and after a week and no response I was finally able to get someone on the phone. I was told that their warranty person was on sick leave so nobody was there to answer my email.. But the customer service agent who helped me said she'd ship out the hardware asap. That wound up taking several more days. The day the package was to be delivered I got a FedEx notification that it couldn't be delivered because the address was invalid. I had it held at my local FedEx store. Turns out they didn't put my full address. I ran home to finally do the install only to find out that the U-channels they sent me were for the standard width RB running boards. Needless to say I was pretty frustrated at this point. I wound up having my neighbor help me chop them down just enough to fit inside the steps and I was able to finish. Very satisfied with the product, very unsatisfied with dealing with GoRhino.

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

I also recently went to Overland Expo Mountain West. I went home to visit my mom and got a day pass to check the show out. Not a single Ranger in the show. Did see quite a few F series and even a Maverick with a GFC. I had fun though and spent some money. I took advantage of show deals and finally put in an order for a rack. I went with the 12" HD rack from RCI. It should be here Tuesday. Just need the RTT and I'll be set.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Finally installed the RB10 Slim steps. It was a big hassle getting it done and wound up taking about 3 weeks. Some of the hardware was missing. I had nuts/bolts for the brackets but the U-channels and bolts to mount the steps to the brackets were MIA. I emailed their customer service and after a week and no response I was finally able to get someone on the phone. I was told that their warranty person was on sick leave so nobody was there to answer my email.. But the customer service agent who helped me said she'd ship out the hardware asap. That wound up taking several more days. The day the package was to be delivered I got a FedEx notification that it couldn't be delivered because the address was invalid. I had it held at my local FedEx store. Turns out they didn't put my full address. I ran home to finally do the install only to find out that the U-channels they sent me were for the standard width RB running boards. Needless to say I was pretty frustrated at this point. I wound up having my neighbor help me chop them down just enough to fit inside the steps and I was able to finish. Very satisfied with the product, very unsatisfied with dealing with GoRhino.

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

I also recently went to Overland Expo Mountain West. I went home to visit my mom and got a day pass to check the show out. Not a single Ranger in the show. Did see quite a few F series and even a Maverick with a GFC. I had fun though and spent some money. I took advantage of show deals and finally put in an order for a rack. I went with the 12" HD rack from RCI. It should be here Tuesday. Just need the RTT and I'll be set.
indidnt make it this year, but I thought BVO had their Rangerwith The tray. It’s badass.

OP
OP
whoisdp

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Hmm. I didn't see it. Must have missed it. Too bad. I would like to check it out.

OP
OP
whoisdp

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
Got the RCI 12" HD bed rack installed last weekend. Install was super easy and the quality is really nice. Very satisfied so far. We are still trying to decide on which RTT to buy. Had some unplanned work expenses so it'll be a while before I cross that bridge anyway.
ranger0064.jpg

Since I had to remove the tonneau cover I pulled most of the equipment off of my molle panels except the shovel which I have a cable lock through. I also mounted my traction boards to the rack so they're not flopping around in the bed anymore. Picked up a 4gal Rotopax with a locking mount. The Rotopax mounting plates don't line up with the mounting slots on the rack so I had it temporarily mounted with two bolts per side. Will have to DIY a solution for that next weekend. Happy with the way it's coming together though. My girlfriend and I are going on a camping trip in 2 weeks so we went to our storage unit to do some gear organizing and I decided to snap a few photos.

ranger0066.jpg

ranger0070.jpg

ranger0071.jpg

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

I'm really liking these due to their slim package. I don't like the look of running boards, buy my wife struggles getting in and out of my truck, in stock form. So... Now I am looking at putting some in and these are top on my list, at the moment.

OP
OP
whoisdp

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
I'm really liking these due to their slim package. I don't like the look of running boards, buy my wife struggles getting in and out of my truck, in stock form. So... Now I am looking at putting some in and these are top on my list, at the moment.

Just saw this. I have enjoyed them so far. I have the same issue. My girlfriend is vertically challenged and I have been getting over a foot injury so the steps have been super helpful. I've done 3 trails (only 3-4/10 difficulty so take that with a gain of salt) since installing them and have not clipped them on anything whereas I caught a rock on the stock steps a few times.

OP
OP
whoisdp

whoisdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Photographer
We went to the Rodeo X Rigs event in Long Beach a few weeks ago and Diode Dynamics was a vendor/sponsor and they hooked it up with some ditch lights at the event and saved me a few bucks + threw in free shipping/covers. I went with the SS3 Sports just to be budget friendly. I've got the same ones as fogs and they're plenty bright for my needs I think.

Initially I contacted a local "business" to install them/redo some other wiring/electronics things I wanted done. After poor communication and completely being ghosted/flaked on for the day of the install I decided to just do it myself. I didn't take any install pictures because my wire routing/install is not the prettiest but it is solid for now. I still want to do some other electronics things down the road so I'll have someone more reliable clean it all up in the future. At least they're on and working. Hoping to do some camping/wheeling soon so I'll get some proper pics and real world impressions soon.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this. I have enjoyed them so far. I have the same issue. My girlfriend is vertically challenged and I have been getting over a foot injury so the steps have been super helpful. I've done 3 trails (only 3-4/10 difficulty so take that with a gain of salt) since installing them and have not clipped them on anything whereas I caught a rock on the stock steps a few times.
They don't make them for the SCAB, so I ended up with another slim option. Not worried about scraping as I don't off-road in this truck. It hauls the off-road toys to the trails. :) I just don't like the look for running boards, but need them.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
We went to the Rodeo X Rigs event in Long Beach a few weeks ago and Diode Dynamics was a vendor/sponsor and they hooked it up with some ditch lights at the event and saved me a few bucks + threw in free shipping/covers. I went with the SS3 Sports just to be budget friendly. I've got the same ones as fogs and they're plenty bright for my needs I think.

Initially I contacted a local "business" to install them/redo some other wiring/electronics things I wanted done. After poor communication and completely being ghosted/flaked on for the day of the install I decided to just do it myself. I didn't take any install pictures because my wire routing/install is not the prettiest but it is solid for now. I still want to do some other electronics things down the road so I'll have someone more reliable clean it all up in the future. At least they're on and working. Hoping to do some camping/wheeling soon so I'll get some proper pics and real world impressions soon.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg
Hey was that you in big bear today? I was the guy in the RR Lariat FX4..
Sponsored