Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Hilariously brutal :crackup:
I've been thinking about that, and you're right. We were kinda brutal as a group.
Had he not jumped right out of the gate with a know-it-all tone I expect he'd have had better response from us all.
That said, there's someone on here wanting to sell some aftermarket bumpstops even now. Maybe they'll find each other and both receive some satisfaction.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I would trade it for a Taco...

LB
plastics and rubber engineer lmao dude probably is on the assembly line at a condom factory and is trying to impress us lol
Honest to God. We hired a plastics engineer years ago for molding medical devices. When I interviewed him I ask his background in molding. His reply was, I design molds for making flashlights ?. Um buddy, you do know the best ones these days are made from metal right?

Got that look back of, ya I know that’s why I’m here… ?

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Honest to God. We hired a plastics engineer years ago for molding medical devices. When I interviewed him I ask his background in molding. His reply was, I design molds for making flashlights ?. Um buddy, you do know the best ones these days are made from metal right?

???? Dude had that look of dying inside lol, I will say to his defense that there are some solid composite framed ones but yeah all the ones I have that make a miniature sun while also being damn near indestructible are metal

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

Sure he didn't say "fleshlights?"

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
I’m a plastics and rubber engineer and Just noticed both orange bumpers over rear springs are incompletely filled parts (bottom 1/3 is thin and missing in spots). I can understand how they accidentally got included with good parts at the molder (although it’s not a good sign) since during startup the tool and molding machine has to warm up and settle in. molded parts typically automatically ejected and collected In a box or container. But how can an assembly worker install something like this??? Both sides are bogus.

just contacted dealer to get them replaced, should not be an issue as they are obviously defective from factory. Never seen anything like this on my 2012 Tacoma or 2016 T4R. Ford needs to improve quality control. Pinch welds look like heck, too. Love the Ranger but wish Ford manufactured as well as Toyota. They charge enough for the product!
E9DF9B07-65FF-46AA-BC1E-8CFBC61B14B7.jpeg
Hi Rick!
The rubber (or whatever material) bump stops on my Tremor look just like yours as well. I too wish that they were of better quality. However even though the look like they are defective, they must do their job. I know every manufacture has issues, even Toyota, however overall I really believe that the Rangers are pretty darn good trucks! Have a good day!
Phil

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I wonder if the OP is good at his job. Where did he go anyway?

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Had he not jumped right out of the gate with a know-it-all tone I expect he'd have had better response from us all.
I agree , what kind of ass bag starts off like that ? gripping about this and Ford tricked me and on and on ... who does that ??? , Not Budule , not any more anyway...