F150 vs Ranger Width

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
the narrow width can allow the Ranger to go on some narrow off roads where the F-150 may be too wide, did a few of those last summer, got a fair amount of small rub marks along the sides.
Sponsored

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad that there are width choices. If only there were width options on motorcycles....
1612105918350.png

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
true enough, but same driver here and both trucks and not the same result.
I wonder if the “look” of the truck has anything to do with it? Aggressive oversized tires, off-road bumper with lights, headache rack. A few dents and dings, XL base model so people really know I don’t give a crap about my truck, I basically purchased the redneck package for my truck so city people know I’m bat sh1t crazy and if they don’t move over we are both screwed ?

15EEFBCE-0B48-4814-8D8B-1F099713184B.jpeg

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I wonder if the “look” of the truck has anything to do with it? Aggressive oversized tires, off-road bumper with lights, headache rack. A few dents and dings, XL base model so people really know I don’t give a crap about my truck, I basically purchased the redneck package for my truck so city people know I’m bat sh1t crazy and if they don’t move over we are both screwed ?

15EEFBCE-0B48-4814-8D8B-1F099713184B.jpeg
That's what I wanted to do, wife wanted the Lariat, well, she wanted me to have the Lariat

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
That's what I wanted to do, wife wanted the Lariat, well, she wanted me to have the Lariat
That’s funny, my wife would’ve been ok with a XLT but she normally just wants whatever is cheapest but so do i as long as I get a good powertrain. Which obviously on the Ranger they are all the same. We recently got her a base model CX-9 and that thing is still pretty decked out

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Just depends how you drive, in my opinion aggressive drivers get their lane vs. drivers who are timid. I don’t live in Southern California but when I drive down there I have to drive like an a-hole no matter what vehicle I’m driving and I get whatever lane I want lol just my experience. And I’ve had a F-150 and Ranger
I've commuted to the Bay Area for decades. I call them professional commuters. They feather correctly and maintain a closer relationship to other vehicles. Unfortunately 10% of them are just assholes. The timid are just cannon fodder. You try not to be a real asshole but sometimes you just have to set the blinker and merge. The professional commuter will get it and check themselves. The asshole might need a little coaxing. I wouldn't do that on King Rd. San Jose at 2 am Saturday night but it's the game during commute hours.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I've commuted to the Bay Area for decades. I call them professional commuters. They feather correctly and maintain a closer relationship to other vehicles. Unfortunately 10% of them are just assholes. The timid are just cannon fodder. You try not to be a real asshole but sometimes you just have to set the blinker and merge. The professional commuter will get it and check themselves. The asshole might need a little coaxing. I wouldn't do that on King Rd. San Jose at 2 am Saturday night but it's the game during commute hours.
Oh man first let’s have a moment of silence for you having to commute the Bay Area for decades......

Anyway I totally agree. I prefer to not be the A hole but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do lol

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
On a recent road trip I pulled up behind this vehicle hauler as I pulled off the interstate for fuel. I couldn't help notice the F150 stacked above the Ranger on the hauler. This arrangement provides a really unique way to really see how much wider the F150 is....

I love how easy to drive/park the Ranger is compared to the F150. It just fits better in so many places.
Parking was the reason I got out of the F-150. I loved the truck, and it was difficult. But parking in my town and every where seemed to getting tighter, and tighter. With the Ranger, no problems at all.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Parking was the reason I got out of the F-150. I loved the truck, and it was difficult. But parking in my town and every where seemed to getting tighter, and tighter. With the Ranger, no problems at all.
Funny, the spots around me are getting too small for the Ranger.

What's funny is I had to park my fathers F350 crew cab a while back, with the mirrors on that thing it was a piece of cake, way easier than the Ranger seems to be.

Although I have no use for a truck that big, and no garage it would fit in, he sold it for the same price I paid for my Ranger, at two years old, loaded, and low mileage. Plus he had added air springs and an in bed fuel tank. Than again, all the mileage was towing a fifth wheel camper. Still, it was a great deal.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Screenshot 2021-01-30 231445.png

This is also mildly annoying. GF's father didn't believe I could tow his boat with my midsize :angry:
I googled Ford Ranger Towing, and there is the option under it to give feedback. I reporting the towing as incomplete and provided a link to the Ford website that says it is up to 7,500 lbs.

This reminds me of someone I know who was fired for purposefully making their software not work with certain phones because he didn't like those phones. When his employer figured it out he was removed. I wonder if they hired him over at the Sync microphone department.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Anyone have a pic of the new ranger and an older F150 width? I wonder if that is more similar.

1911tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru/2020 Ranger
What I do know, even if the Ranger is narrower than the 150, if you look at the specs...they weigh about the same!

viper94bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
I had a 2016 f150 lariat until a few months back and got a 2020 ranger lariat in its place. I really miss the interior space, power and towing capabilities of the f150. but for normal every day driving the ranger is so much more fun and nimble. although the difference in mileage seems minimal surprisingly.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
The easiest way to see the difference is from the inside. Look at the center consoles. The F-150 has a much larger one.

IMG_0916.JPG

0ae9e39e1346826ff2c8bbc0963d11ff.jpg
What’s with the lightsaber?
Sponsored