First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
On a recent road trip I pulled up behind this vehicle hauler as I pulled off the interstate for fuel. I couldn't help notice the F150 stacked above the Ranger on the hauler. This arrangement provides a really unique way to really see how much wider the F150 is....

I love how easy to drive/park the Ranger is compared to the F150. It just fits better in so many places.
Sponsored

Vitis805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Wine Nerd
This is cool. Glad you got lucky and caught this perspective. I test drove the Ranger and new F150 back to back and this was one of the biggest selling points for the Ranger to me. Getting around my company's storage facility felt so much less cumbersome.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
there was nothing like the intimidation the F150 provided in traffic though.
if you wanted to lane change....turn signal...and start moving over, you got in.

try that in the Ranger, and nobody gives you space. Theres simply no respect
Gross tonnage rules!

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
if you wanted to lane change....turn signal...and start moving over, you got in.

Just depends how you drive, in my opinion aggressive drivers get their lane vs. drivers who are timid. I don’t live in Southern California but when I drive down there I have to drive like an a-hole no matter what vehicle I’m driving and I get whatever lane I want lol just my experience. And I’ve had a F-150 and Ranger

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
2” difference? Maybe more for a Raptor.

84FF8823-FA84-475D-B0ED-EEBF9D2B496C.png

FAA9D8AD-FADC-4FDC-8AE1-CAAABC333829.png

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
2” difference? Maybe more for a Raptor.
Ranger is 73.3 inches, the number you found includes folded mirrors. This has been a mess from the beginning, starting when ford misprinted the width including mirrors and excluding mirrors as the same number in some early docs. Google still hasn't managed to sort it out. So anyway the difference is more like 7 inches for a basic f150, and goes up a bit with some options.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

I don’t know...I’ve noticed people a lot more eager to let me change lanes in my Ranger than my little Hyundai Accent(talk about getting no respect!). :crackup:

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I loved my 2013 F-150 Screw Ecobeast.

Only thing I didn't like was it had the turning ratio of a school bus and parking lots were a challenge.

When you rolled up on someone on the highway in the hammer lane they promptly got out of your way.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
On a recent road trip I pulled up behind this vehicle hauler as I pulled off the interstate for fuel. I couldn't help notice the F150 stacked above the Ranger on the hauler. This arrangement provides a really unique way to really see how much wider the F150 is....

I love how easy to drive/park the Ranger is compared to the F150. It just fits better in so many places.
Hey, Kimball, thanks for shooting and sharing this clip! The Ranger's (relatively) trim shape was definitely a selling point for me, as I can put it in my garage and still move around in there. I had driven an F-150 as a loaner for a week or so, loved that truck, but I literally had to open the big garage door in front to go from one side of the garage to the other! So, yeah, in your clip, the one on the bottom fits, the one on top doesn't, obviously. BTY, I have always been reluctant to follow a vehicle hauler because you never know what the guy who attached the chains to the vehicle on top had been drinking (or smoking)!

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Screenshot 2021-01-30 231445.png

This is also mildly annoying. GF's father didn't believe I could tow his boat with my midsize :angry:
I should have thought of that, I reported this to google and they told me it was correct. Maybe that's the max without a tow hitch.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle

My last truck a couple years back was a F350 Crew dually FX4 with a 6.7L Power Stroke. You didn't even have to put on your signal. Nobody wanted to drive anywhere near it.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've driven a lot of things, basically from a Focus all the way up to a 5 Ton. Believe it or not I go more crap from people when I tried to lane change in the 5 Ton vs. the Focus. Hell, I almost killed a guy in a Camaro that tried to beat me to the lane change, he ended up underneath, but between the wheels, so no damage. Now, saying all that, if I'm in a lane and you want to be where I am that's not my problem, especially if you could slow down and easily get behind me. That doesn't mean I keep people out, but unless it's clear you have no way to get over I'm not moving for you.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
The biggest thing for me is my Raptor barely fits in my garage and a ranger does easily. The vast interior space will be missed, but the maneuverability and ease in which to park, etc is going to be enjoyed with the Ranger.
Sponsored