First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Occupation
Automotive Technician
Hello all, my first post here. I currently have been shopping for Rangers, I have test drove 2 different times. I love my 5.0 f150 fx4 crewcab but the ranger power and torque really impressed me. I love everything about it, only thing that is holding me back right now is the interior space, I am just spoiled with my f150. Any other f150 owners or full size guys switch to ranger any time soon? I just want some of your inputs after owning/driving them everyday. Thanks and great info in these forums!!
Sponsored

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
I went from a Lariat FX4 Screw to a Lariat FX4 Ranger. I miss the interior space some, but like the ease it takes to park the Ranger. It goes more places off-road too if you’re into that. Just junk the Hankooks immediately. I run DuraTrac tires and it changed the whole ride and they look so much better too. I average 23mpg.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
I drive a f150 5.0 super crew for work and I love the interior space! You can put up the rear seat and camp in there! But, for a personal rig, I prefer the Ranger. Much easier to drive, more fun to drive, easier to park, nimble on the trails, great gas mileage and the seats are more comfortable- even my kids prefer the rear in the ranger over the f150. But, ranger could have been smarter with the interior space- it isn’t tiny but they could have done some small things to make it more useful (like behind and under the rear seat).

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I can't speak for the F-150 but the Ranger is pretty nice. For interior space I would say it could have been done way better. I came out of a 2016 Nissan Frontier and it had way better storage under the rear seats compared to the Ranger. Besides the lack of storage space under the rear seats and the oil filter location(yes some will argue me on that) I love the truck!!!

Also to add it is the MOST AMERICAN truck out there and it is the #1 American truck being sold!! Granted the only American manufacturers left are Ford and GM. Fiat now owns Chrysler Corp and the Ram/Dodge name so it is consodered European now.

Depending on what you are looking to do the Ranger os probably going to be a great choice for you!!

Last but not least the Ranger is very popular in Australia so a lot of accessories/parts are available from there for the Rangers!!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all, my first post here. I currently have been shopping for Rangers, I have test drove 2 different times. I love my 5.0 f150 fx4 crewcab but the ranger power and torque really impressed me. I love everything about it, only thing that is holding me back right now is the interior space, I am just spoiled with my f150. Any other f150 owners or full size guys switch to ranger any time soon? I just want some of your inputs after owning/driving them everyday. Thanks and great info in these forums!!
Hey, Kenny, I love the Ranger's power and torque, too, not to mention the tech and the music, and the ease of parking and the left-over garage space that it brings to the game. However, yeah, the back seat, even in the super crew, is a bit cramped, especially if you leave the seats down. For us, it is just my wife and I, no kids or pets, and so we sit up front in comfort (and I am six-foot-three) and put the back seats up (some members have deleted them, pure and simple), making enough space for our stuff (his-and-hers sporting goods, mini-cooler for drinks, suitcases when we travel, briefcases when we work, you get the idea...). If we do some longer distance traveling or big-haul grocery shopping, then we bring out the plastic bins and put all that stuff in the bed. So it is all about what you want to use it for. We moved up from a 2014 Explorer, which has rows of comfortable back seats and tons of space for storage, and do not regret switching to the Ranger one bit!

OP
OP

Kcal3

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Occupation
Automotive Technician
During the work week its just me, on weekends wife and 2 kids usually run errands. I would use the bed weekly for getting lumber, and plywood, usually only 8ft. Long, but i know that will not be a problem for it. We really want to save some $$ from the f150, i know it will cover everything i need for it to do. Waiting for salesman to get back with me today. I have it narrowed down to Lightning blue, and iconic silver xlt crew. My f150 is Lightning blue so I love that color, but kinda maybe want to change it up a bit!?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I would have bought an F-150 if it would have fit in my garage. The Ranger is great, price is a lot less than a similarly equipped F-150. If I had to do it again I'd skip the topper, get a soft topper, and a bed slide. The bed slide should allow you to haul 8' lumber with no issues and still get all the stuff out of the bed.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Long time F 150 owner ( I've had 7 of them) and don't miss them at all. Yes the Ranger has a smaller interior but unless you're doing really long vacation trips I think the back seat will be more than comfortable for them. Even on longer trips I think they'll be fine it's just going to be a slight adjustment but it's still comfortable back there.

The F 150 filled it purpose for me when I had my business and needed a full size truck to haul a lot of equipment and ladders and snowmobiles in the winters. Now the Ranger is the perfect size and I can still work out of it and driving through traffic and parking is so much easier. If you really want to wake the 2.3 up get it tuned and it will make you forget all about your enormous F 150. ?

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
I came out of a 2005 Mountaineer, the Mercury badged Explorer. I prefer the Ranger. The interior and exterior are both excellent.
Everyone can find something they would do differently, but for me this was the best fit all the way around. Price better than a full size, looks better than any other truck out there IMO, rides better than the others too. It’s fun, gets good mph and turns heads wherever we go.
I Don’t miss the “room” but to each his own.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
During the work week its just me, on weekends wife and 2 kids usually run errands. I would use the bed weekly for getting lumber, and plywood, usually only 8ft. Long, but i know that will not be a problem for it. We really want to save some $$ from the f150, i know it will cover everything i need for it to do. Waiting for salesman to get back with me today. I have it narrowed down to Lightning blue, and iconic silver xlt crew. My f150 is Lightning blue so I love that color, but kinda maybe want to change it up a bit!?
First off, Iconic Silver is a great choice:). I came from a GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab and my son drives F150 STX. While the F150 has living room size space, it is not as sporty fun to drive (views may differ).

4 adults, cat and 1/2 full of cargo doesn't deter it at all. The GMC seemed sluggish by comparison with that load, strained a bit on hills, but that was a 2005 mode!.

Besides, if you go Ranger you can come here and get lambasted about why/why not having a tailgate damper fixes/destroys everything?

Good luck!

Last edited:

NedKelly

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Emergency Communications Dispatcher
I went from my 17 F150 to my 19 Ranger. I miss the sound of my 5.0 most of all. I used to carry a lot of gear when I did field work, so the F150 fit the bill. When I downsized to go into an office, I found I had too much gear. A come to Jesus moment showed me that I was carrying more stuff than I actually needed, so I quickly got rid of the bloat. I love being able to maneuver better through traffic, parking lots, and off road. The Ranger has been places the F150 definitely wouldn't go. I can fit my family of 5 in my Ranger, but my two eldest children are adults and don't travel with us much, so space isn't too much of an issue. I can say I get better fuel economy on the highway, but around town isn't much of a savings. I have run 91 Octane through my Ranger since after the dealer fill up and I run it in Sport around town, so my foot stays in it.

49459899_400408170527720_7320064658386190336_n.jpg

20200602_065002.jpg

OP
OP

Kcal3

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Occupation
Automotive Technician
I find it Interesting that you have the 5.0 V8 and love the power and torque of the 2.3 inline-4 turbo.
?My 5.0 has plenty of power but was really impressed with the 2.3, being that I have never driven one. Definitely like the power band better, love how the torque is almost instant!

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I can from a 2015 Ram 1500 quad cab. I live the size of the Ranger compared to the Ram. The extra bed space was nice I never liked driving that giant truck. It wasn't fun to drive, it wasn't fun to park especially in tight lots.

For me I'd rather have the enjoyable driving experience than the extra space I almost never needed.

DelGuy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercrew 4x4
I can’t speak for the F-150 but so far I’m happy with the interior space of the Ranger. The weekend after we picked the truck up we went on a 2 hour trip and my wife rode in the back with our baby and she was l comfortable back there the whole time. I’ve sat in the back and thought there was more room than I was expecting. Lighting blue is a nice color! My 17 Escape (now the wife's) is lighting blue and I’ve always loved the color. I think iconic silver is a good choice too. I ended up with magnetic but was considering iconic silver as well.
Sponsored