JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to understand this. There are two turn signals lamps on eacg side. PLUS the mirror lamps.

I know changing turn signals will cause hyper flashing. If we change ONLY the bulbs in the mirror with 194s. will hyper flashing still be an issue inside the vehicle?
Hyper-blink will only happen when all bulbs have been changed to LED in the turn signal circuit. As stated before the hyper-blink doesn't show on the bulbs, they blink normal, the hyper blink is experienced on the dash in the vehicle. No hyper blink when changing only the two in the mirrors (one in each mirror (amber) the other light in the mirror is on the bottom called a puddle light).

Turn your hazard flashers on and see which bulbs are a part of the turn signal circuit. For the Lariat, there are two up front in the grill/headlight area that is regular bulbs (Front park/direction indicator bulb 7444NA (AMBER)). Then the two bulbs in the mirror and the LED in the tail light (which is all 100% LED already from the factory) If you change out only the mirror ones then there are still two bulbs up front that will offer the resistance in the circuit to not cause hyper-blink.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hyper-blink will only happen when all bulbs have been changed to LED in the turn signal circuit. As stated before the hyper-blink doesn't show on the bulbs, they blink normal, the hyper blink is experienced on the dash in the vehicle. No hyper blink when changing only the two in the mirror.

Turn your hazard flashers on and see which bulbs are a part of the turn signal circuit. For the Lariat, there are two up front in the grill/headlight area that is regular bulbs (Front park/direction indicator bulb 7444NA (AMBER)). Then the two bulbs in the mirror and the LED in the tail light (which is all 100% LED already from the factory) If you change out only the mirror ones then there are still two bulbs up front that will offer the resistance in the circuit to not cause hyper-blink.
Thank you for the time you put into that response. I understand it now. I am only replacing the bulbs in the mirror assembly

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the time you put into that response. I understand it now. I am only replacing the bulbs in the mirror assembly
No problem, we're here to help. This has been such a great forum for all to make the changes to our new Rangers no matter how small or big of a change, it's just what each person feels comfortable in doing.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
woke this thread up as some are looking to see what lights to replace. :)

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
That would be great to know

If not we are planing on doing a plug and play resistor.

Side note
we noticed with no resistor it didnt hyper blink outside the truck just inside on the dash which we thought was odd.

Thank you
I'm looking to make my Lariat all LED, do you guys have any word on the plug and play resistor?

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to make my Lariat all LED, do you guys have any word on the plug and play resistor?
I've decided to go the forscan route instead, so no need for resistors anymore :)

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Does anyone notice a slight power draw from any of the bulbs swapped over to LED? My wife's 2017 Escape the license plate would stay very very very dimly lit until 10 minutes after being off/locked.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone notice a slight power draw from any of the bulbs swapped over to LED? My wife's 2017 Escape the license plate would stay very very very dimly lit until 10 minutes after being off/locked.
I haven't noticed any.

OP
OP
LightningBlue

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Here is what my cargo/3rd brake light looks like. These must be LED already, no?

20191124_085915.jpg
That’s interesting, what’s the build date on your truck? I’m wondering if they’ve updated them to LED

OP
OP
LightningBlue

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it is. Maybe that's why??
Lariats have LED 3rd brake lights already. AFAIK, the only incandescent bulbs in the Lariat are side markers (including side mirror indicators) and license plate bulbs.
Sponsored