First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
i got points and deleted posts for being mean the other day. you better watch out, the hammer might fall on you too.
Canadians are awesome.
I’m petrified…
Sponsored

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
ok so gotta ask, is it really that easy to damage this engine by using a funnel to put oil in ?! if it is i need a new approach. Ive always just put the big funnel in the oil fill spot and plopped the oil in the top and let it dump in... Hopefully i didnt mess up stuff already.
Im wondering this too. I had no idea we were not supposed to use a regular funnel. Somehow I doubt the “techs” at the dealership are using paper funnels on our trucks.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I have that clicking sound, not that loud but the phone could be close, and my hearing isn't the best, but on mine it is the injectors.

Reactions: R_B

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Not sure how many miles you have on it, but if I was going to poke at something with a stethoscope the first thing I would check is the throttle body. Might be a noise that has been around and you just noticed checking after an oil change for weird.

If these things have variable intake manifolds that would be my first guess due to the delay on letting off the gas... But it still sounds like something pretty substantial going back to "home" to me.

Maybe something needs to be cleaned.

I don't think that is anything hitting cams. The constant tapping noise that moves with rpm is very DI injector.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
run that stethoscope by the DI fuel pump??

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Not sure how many miles you have on it, but if I was going to poke at something with a stethoscope the first thing I would check is the throttle body. Might be a noise that has been around and you just noticed checking after an oil change for weird.

If these things have variable intake manifolds that would be my first guess due to the delay on letting off the gas... But it still sounds like something pretty substantial going back to "home" to me.

Maybe something needs to be cleaned.

I don't think that is anything hitting cams. The constant tapping noise that moves with rpm is very DI injector.
Truck only has 15K and I’ve done oil changes every 5K. I had my buddy listen to it and he thinks it’s coming from the area around the blow off valve. It appears to only do it when the truck is cold. When fully warmed up it doesn’t do it

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Truck only has 15K and I’ve done oil changes every 5K. I had my buddy listen to it and he thinks it’s coming from the area around the blow off valve. It appears to only do it when the truck is cold. When fully warmed up it doesn’t do it
That is way to early for carbon build up on anything. Maybe the BOV opens on light throttle.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I have a brand new 2022 Ranger, it sounds exactly like yours does on the clip. I would say it is perfectly normal.

If you have doubts, drop by a dealer and have them start a new one up for you.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I have a brand new 2022 Ranger, it sounds exactly like yours does on the clip. I would say it is perfectly normal.

If you have doubts, drop by a dealer and have them start a new one up for you.
Thank you. Interesting that this is the first time I’ve noticed this.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Thank you. Interesting that this is the first time I’ve noticed this.
I was waiting for my wife’s iPhone to be repaired and thought, “I wonder what normal sounds like?”, so went out and started my truck up. Frankly, if anything, mine is louder.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
I tried to get a video but the sound quality is horrible and it isn't uploading from my phone

But

The click/thump(ish) sound after you let off the throttle is coming from my BOV as well.

OP
OP
VegasRanger

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I tried to get a video but the sound quality is horrible and it isn't uploading from my phone

But

The click/thump(ish) sound after you let off the throttle is coming from my BOV as well.
Thank you
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc