Engine cover

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Did anyone else not get a engine cover when purchasing their truck? My 2020xlt does not have one. I’m pissed to actually buy a truck for that much and not get one! Did anyone get one with their 2020 that wasn’t a lariat?
This is a thread that got beat to death over a year and a half ago... BTW wife's 2020 Escape mid-level hybrid did not come with an engine plenum cover either, her folks bought a platinum hybrid after we got ours [copy cars] and it did, so it looks like a business decision across the board from FoMoCo.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
ok - here is a link to the headlights tests from the IIHS ( they do more than just crash tests), and this shows that you are correct - the LEDS on the Ranger as well as the halogens are rated marginal and the LEDS have no advantage over the halogens. My wife has a 2013 Hyundai Sante Fe with halogens and the Ranger headlamps are noticeably superior. But since I have a Lariat I'm stuck with both the LEDS and an engine cover:frown:

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/ranger-crew-cab-pickup/2019#headlights
iihs changed the standard, basically no existing vehicle without steerable headlights mets it. they'll all redesign to the new standard and be better in a few years.

Skeletor

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Mine is an XL and at first I thought that I would buy a eng cover but after driving it for a year and a half I dont see the need. In fact there is nothing on a XLT or a Lariat that I want. ?
Agreed, I love my XL

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
[/QUOTE]
This is a thread that got beat to death over a year and a half ago... BTW wife's 2020 Escape mid-level hybrid did not come with an engine plenum cover either, her folks bought a platinum hybrid after we got ours [copy cars] and it did, so it looks like a business decision across the board from FoMoCo.
Yes but there is a new sheriff (CEO) in town, let's see if he is prepared to make the tough business decisions such as where engine covers are warranted.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
XLT owners: I don't need any of that sissy stuff on the Lariat

Also XLT owners: I can't believe they didn't include a premium feature on a non-premium trim!!!1!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
No mention for US-bound trucks, but Canadians won't be getting the vaunted engine cover on any '21 models.
Yeah, I was curious about whether that applied to US models also--it would seem weird to only delete it for trucks going to canada.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
In Canada you need an electric shirt or skirt for the winter. ?

painter1

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ZX2, F350
Yeah, I was curious about whether that applied to US models also--it would seem weird to only delete it for trucks going to canada.
"Ah heck, they didn't want it anyways" (you know, blame Canada :wink:)

On critiquing posts you don't like: I figure you can ignore it, call it out, or walk. I've done all three, individually and sometimes all in a row.

It's probably easier to stay silent or walk. The 'calling out' takes an extra step and, I often view it, is a sincere effort towards maintaining a positive, respectful forum environment.

Not saying what's right or wrong. Not an owner, not a mod, I'm just a newbie who doesn't even have a Ranger yet ! But, I like this site and hope to see it continue on as a good place to hang out. :sun:

~Ali

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.

Yes but there is a new sheriff (CEO) in town, let's see if he is prepared to make the tough business decisions such as where engine covers are warranted.
[/QUOTE]
I have OCD and I was compelled to get one, I've learned its much easier to scratch the itch than have it bug me to the point I need to take pills! :)
My wife's '20 Escape Hybrid sport has the cover deleted, I spent a bunch of time looking up the numbers for the cover, nuts and ordered it only to have the order kicked back b/c of C-19 line shutdowns. Now I cant find the order/parts outlet that had the best price/shipping...so anyone who can find it I'd appreciate it! Oddly the wife is a dont really give a flying-F**K about vehicle 'stuff' so it's more for me not her.
..and yes we are total opposites, but after 32 years something works!

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
Did anyone else not get a engine cover when purchasing their truck? My 2020xlt does not have one. I’m pissed to actually buy a truck for that much and not get one! Did anyone get one with their 2020 that wasn’t a lariat?
I have a 19 and did not get one. I have had over $2000 damage to the wires in my truck from squirrels that Ford said was because they used soy based wire wrapping. After my second incident I decided to buy an engine cover from an online dealer and it solved my problem..

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase