First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
This is the Amazon Bronco engine cover. It doesn't fit perfectly, but it covers adequately, and I was motivated since it was cheaper and I didn't want to bother returning it. It came with four brackets, but the one at the driver's side firewall wouldn't fit because of the difference in A/C routing. We trimmed the lip on the passenger side and put a 1/2" spacer under the bracket at the front of the engine so the cover would clear the turbo blow-off valve.
Bronco engine cover 1.jpg
Bronco engine cover 2.jpg
Bronco engine cover 3.jpg
That looks nice. But do you have to remove it to check or add engine oil?
Sponsored

djsilver

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
That looks nice. But do you have to remove it to check or add engine oil?
I was diagnosed with ALS last spring, so I can't even get up there to look. My brother helped me install it earlier this year when i was getting around better. I'll have to get him or wifey to have a look. Either way, it snaps onto the brackets with rubber grommets, so no tools needed for removal.

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
The part I like is that it extends up under the two piece cowl so that water runs off behind the motor.
How's the access to oil dipstick & filler neck?

djsilver

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I was diagnosed with ALS last spring, so I can't even get up there to look. My brother helped me install it earlier this year when i was getting around better. I'll have to get him or wifey to have a look. Either way, it snaps onto the brackets with rubber grommets, so no tools needed for removal.
Finally remembered to ask my brother to look and the oil cap & dipstick are accessible.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Damn. Wish you the best. Sending good vibes your way.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I was diagnosed with ALS last spring, so I can't even get up there to look. My brother helped me install it earlier this year when i was getting around better.
My dad developed ALS. It's a mystery disease since there doesn't seem to be a genetic link, and we wondered if it was exposure to something that triggered it. I hope you can manage it for a long time.

djsilver

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
My dad developed ALS. It's a mystery disease since there doesn't seem to be a genetic link, and we wondered if it was exposure to something that triggered it. I hope you can manage it for a long time.
Mine is genetic (C9ORF72). A company announced this summer that they were able to shut it down in the lab with CRISPR, but commercialization is years out and won't be ready in time for me.

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Looks like its currently not available.

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
My dad also had ALS and they linked it to Vietnam moved him to 100% VA disability. The VA was great through the whole process.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Mine is genetic (C9ORF72). A company announced this summer that they were able to shut it down in the lab with CRISPR, but commercialization is years out and won't be ready in time for me.
First I've heard of a genetic link for sure. It was not something anyone in our family had before.

I don't know if I'd want to know if I had some genetic disposition for it and while CRISPR sounds promising I just don't know? If mRNA technology was more advanced it might be useful too I suppose.

All I can say is it must be frustrating. My dad often said he felt like his body was betraying him. Tough to watch a guy who was very active fade away like that.

All you can do is whatever you can to stave off the muscle wasting and neurological deterioration as long as possible.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
My dad also had ALS and they linked it to Vietnam moved him to 100% VA disability. The VA was great through the whole process.
Our experience was the same.

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT Sport
Went to buy from Benny and also called my dealer (tremor getting first oil change and some goodies with FordPass rewards). Looks like no more engine cover kits which stinks. Should have ordered it back in January. Argh!
Dealership says they are listed as a discontinued part from Ford.
[/QUOTE

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT Sport
Went to buy from Benny and also called my dealer (tremor getting first oil change and some goodies with FordPass rewards). Looks like no more engine cover kits which stinks. Should have ordered it back in January. Argh!
If you find one they’re three times what they initially cost. I’m so disappointed and I feel that this has changed my mind about buying another Ford.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
If you find one they’re three times what they initially cost. I’m so disappointed and I feel that this has changed my mind about buying another Ford.
$173 at Levittown. Contact Benny, you may get free shipping.

If you have doubts about a company because an accessory is temporarily of stock,
just buy a bicycle.

Phantomfixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX 4
$173 at Levittown. Contact Benny, you may get free shipping.

If you have doubts about a company because an accessory is temporarily of stock,
just buy a bicycle.
I just purchased one from my Ford dealer, they had them in stock.FYI...mine came with the mounting hardware in the box
Sponsored