First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Absolutely, the damn thing doesn't extend back to cover #4. You have to fix the source of the leak above it, regardless of whether you have the cover or not.

A class action lawsuit of all this nonsense seems right to me.
Fook me, lol. I've never even looked in at mine, because I had the cover from factory. I thought it was only a problem for non cover motors. I parked outside for over a year too, and live in a snow belt.

I bought new plugs a while back to be ready for the first change. I'm still only at 50,000 miles or so. I guess I'll take a look and see what they look like, then go from there.

I'll be some disappointed if there is rust, and I have to make a nanny skirt for the back of the engine cover.
Sponsored

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
That not ever worth that. Who cares are a cover that no one sees. LOL
Not really sure what you're saying, but my post was from August 2022.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Fook me, lol. I've never even looked in at mine, because I had the cover from factory. I thought it was only a problem for non cover motors. I parked outside for over a year too, and live in a snow belt.

I bought new plugs a while back to be ready for the first change. I'm still only at 50,000 miles or so. I guess I'll take a look and see what they look like, then go from there.

I'll be some disappointed if there is rust, and I have to make a nanny skirt for the back of the engine cover.
I think you can predict if you will have something waiting for you when you take that coil pack and boot off #4. With the garden hose, you can just spray your windshield and top of the back part of the hood for a few minutes. Then pop the hood and check that center clip that hangs over #4. If it is dripping drops or is wet on the bottom side, just slip your hand in or point a flash light and look at the top of the coil pack. If there is a puddle on top, maybe invest in some WD40 before really digging into the spark plug removal. ;)

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Yeah it’s a definite overpriced piece of foam rubber.
But, I bought one.

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
I ordered one from Amazon for a Bronco ($100) The Bronco A/C lines are different, so we had to trim it a bit and only 3 of 4 brackets would fit, but it covers all four coils/sparkplugs, so I can live with it.
https://a.co/d/axS4OkL
Do you have pics?

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Yeah nobody is watching her channel for the cars. 😁

I took a couple shots of my cover and motor. It looks like it’s covering everything?
IMG_0199.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

djsilver

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
This is the Amazon Bronco engine cover. It doesn't fit perfectly, but it covers adequately, and I was motivated since it was cheaper and I didn't want to bother returning it. It came with four brackets, but the one at the driver's side firewall wouldn't fit because of the difference in A/C routing. We trimmed the lip on the passenger side and put a 1/2" spacer under the bracket at the front of the engine so the cover would clear the turbo blow-off valve.
Bronco engine cover 1.jpg
Bronco engine cover 2.jpg
Bronco engine cover 3.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
This is the Amazon Bronco engine cover. It doesn't fit perfectly, but it covers adequately, and I was motivated since it was cheaper and I didn't want to bother returning it. It came with four brackets, but the one at the driver's side firewall wouldn't fit because of the difference in A/C routing. We trimmed the lip on the passenger side and put a 1/2" spacer under the bracket at the front of the engine so the cover would clear the turbo blow-off valve.
Bronco engine cover 1.jpg
Bronco engine cover 2.jpg
Bronco engine cover 3.jpg
Dang, that looks like much better coverage than the real one! I bet this one actually does suppress a little sound. Sure seems much wider and comes much farther forward.

Good job! =)

djsilver

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Dang, that looks like much better coverage than the real one! I bet this one actually does suppress a little sound. Sure seems much wider and comes much farther forward.

Good job! =)
The part I like is that it extends up under the two piece cowl so that water runs off behind the motor.
Sponsored