Eight States Plan to Ban the Sale of Gas-Powered Vehicles as Biden Issues New Rules to Begin Killing Them Off

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Another one of those one sided election year articles that we are going see many more of as the year progresses. Not saying there is no truth to it but, the amount and accuracy is suspect.

The problem is so many people will actually beleive them, because they are published on the internet, so they must be true. Our media outlets have become nothing more than political propaganda outlets

The continued publishing of these things by both sides will drive this country to a civil war. Which may be what they want so they can set up a dictatorship.

OP
OP

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Another one of those one sided election year articles that we are going see many more of as the year progresses. Not saying there is no truth to it but, the amount and accuracy is suspect.

The problem is so many people will actually beleive them, because they are published on the internet, so they must be true. Our media outlets have become nothing more than political propaganda outlets

The continued publishing of these things by both sides will drive this country to a civil war. Which may be what they want so they can set up a dictatorship.
This one easy enough to validate. Simply check the initiatives in the states mentioned.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
They are F'n retarded they way they link back and forth between Gateway and Dailymail in the article instead of the EPA itself. But the statement is there as are the rest.

It's shoddy journalism but not as bad as say, leftist outlets just claiming "anonymous sources" for everything.

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
The Gateway Pundit? LOL

2035 is a long way off. Things are in flux, so I wouldn't get too worked up over this. It's a goal, which more than likely won't be met. Not unless there is a huge advancement in the technology between now and then. This isn't a call to arms. :)

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
The Gateway Pundit? LOL

2035 is a long way off. Things are in flux, so I wouldn't get too worked up over this. It's a goal, which more than likely won't be met. Not unless there is a huge advancement in the technology between now and then. This isn't a call to arms. :)
Perhaps, but inch by inch, everything is a cinch. Even if they make a little headway with this, it ain't good.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Oh yah! FOX News, another of the "non-biased" news sources joins the conversation. I must say the states named do not surprise me. Both coasts and major population centers. Must be the salt air. And it seems to only move North as the Southern East coast hasn't been INFECTED yet. Just waiting the mass exitus of the few sane people that haven't left those areas to really start. Problem is they are probably carriers. Unfortunately nobody has invented a vaccine for stupidity.

As full disclosure, I bear no allegiance to either party. I consider myself non-partisan, pan-politcal. I am actually unhappy with both of our last two presidents. But, our choices were limited to the lesser of two evils, as usual. Thos time I'm not sure we even jave that choice. I see the biggest problem with our current situation as the extreme partisan split in our government. There is no middle ground. That and the Old Boys Club that we call congress has become. We need term limits on congress
We are a two party system, and any candidate to even have chance, needs to tow one or the other parties line. Even if someone with some centrist views does happen to get in, he is quickly indoctrinated into the system. Or, he is shut out from being heard or getting anything done.

Those are my views and feelings. Ban me or block me if you must. I truly hate election years, but they our necessary, and it our civic duty to be informed and participate. We also need to look at and remember history, not rewrite or cancel it. Because if we don't, we will repeat
It. Remember late 30s early 40s in central Europe. That was not a pretty time in history.

Sorry for the long rant, I had to get it off my chest.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yah! FOX News, another of the "non-biased" news sources joins the conversation. I must say the states named do not surprise me. Both coasts and major population centers. Must be the salt air. And it seems to only move North as the Southern East coast hasn't been INFECTED yet. Just waiting the mass exitus of the few sane people that haven't left those areas to really start. Problem is they are probably carriers. Unfortunately nobody has invented a vaccine for stupidity.

As full disclosure, I bear no allegiance to either party. I consider myself non-partisan, pan-politcal. I am actually unhappy with both of our last two presidents. But, our choices were limited to the lesser of two evils, as usual. Thos time I'm not sure we even jave that choice. I see the biggest problem with our current situation as the extreme partisan split in our government. There is no middle ground. That and the Old Boys Club that we call congress has become. We need term limits on congress
We are a two party system, and any candidate to even have chance, needs to tow one or the other parties line. Even if someone with some centrist views does happen to get in, he is quickly indoctrinated into the system. Or, he is shut out from being heard or getting anything done.

Those are my views and feelings. Ban me or block me if you must. I truly hate election years, but they our necessary, and it our civic duty to be informed and participate. We also need to look at and remember history, not rewrite or cancel it. Because if we don't, we will repeat
It. Remember late 30s early 40s in central Europe. That was not a pretty time in history.

Sorry for the long rant, I had to get it off my chest.
I'm pretty much OK with most of what you said. But the term limits measure is a (non-)solution to an electoral integrity problem. They (both parties) don't care what real voters think about anything because we are not a commodity of fixed supply. They (again, both parties) manufacture votes as needed to (s)elect their chosen minions.

Come on, do we really think Maxine Waters and (any number of others, on both sides of the aisle) are legitimately elected by the people of her district? I don't. This is where the actual problem is, and all "term limits" does is get rid of the "good guys" (meaning those who have figured out where the rotten apples are hiding) if we manage to get one in there by some miracle.

Also, we need to repeal the 17th Amendment and return to Election of Senators by State Legislatures. We would get a whole different class of people in the Senate. As intended by the Founding Fathers.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Unfortunately nobody has invented a vaccine for stupidity.
Best they could do is invent a vaccine for the stupid. :D

Remember late 30s early 40s in central Europe. That was not a pretty time in history.
True but eventually people get fed up with Weimar-type societies.

HeatXfer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired Pipefitter & commercial HVACR Tech
Lol - sorry guys, but there's a lot of uninformed knee-jerking going on here. How about a little fact checking before running around yelling "the sky is falling"

I burn just as much gas as anybody, I'm not worried.

"The more you know..."

No government is perfect.
Sponsored

Last edited: