First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Eibach front and rear. Very happy with the performance, did I say very happy.
Took much longer than promised from the retailer I chose for the rears. Fronts came much earlier than expected.
You'll forget about the supply/shipping issues shortly after you install them. Good luck y'all.
Did You buy Just the 2 front shocks & use your stock springs or the 2 Coil over fronts? I have the two rear coming & i'am debating whether to buy just the front shocks or the coil overs.
Thanks
Sponsored

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Did You buy Just the 2 front shocks & use your stock springs or the 2 Coil over fronts? I have the two rear coming & i'am debating whether to buy just the front shocks or the coil overs.
Thanks
Shocks/coilovers without springs. To clarify, I used my factory springs. An inexpensive set of spring compressors (i've had for more than 30 years) was the only specialty tool needed. I set the lift at 2.25 inches and that was precisely the resulting lift.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Shocks/coilovers without springs. To clarify, I used my factory springs. An inexpensive set of spring compressors (i've had for more than 30 years) was the only specialty tool needed. I set the lift at 2.25 inches and that was precisely the resulting lift.
That is the perfect set-up I think...Did it Improve the Ranger stock suspension Issues? Are you happy with the results? Front end alignment & light adjustment? Sorry for the questions but That sounds exactly what I'am looking for.....Finished Photo?
Regards;
Chuck

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I've done the rear shocks an I'm happy with the results. Next year I'll probably do the front's an I'm leaning on doing the Eibach struts with factory springs at the second highest setting. I'd consider the eibach springs I'd like to hear a review of how each rides. I don't off road, maybe drive through a field to get to where my grandkids ride 4 wheelers. I haven't seen the front struts an springs without the rears included which I already have.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
That is the perfect set-up I think...Did it Improve the Ranger stock suspension Issues? Are you happy with the results? Front end alignment & light adjustment? Sorry for the questions but That sounds exactly what I'am looking for.....Finished Photo?
Regards;
Chuck
Vast improvement. Not complaining about factory setup. I understand Ford's approach to sales.
Eibach not harsh at all. Mine is a fx2 so very soft/compliant to start with. Front end alignment with no issues. Haven't adjusted the headlights yet. No worries on the questions. As I recall there was 3+ inch rake before. .75 now as measured at center of wheel well arch. Also, note that I installed the fronts and drove a week or so and enjoyed the improvements. To match things up (because I'm strange that way) I ordered and installed the rears. They improved the ride to my tastes even further.
20200606_124736.jpg

2020-ford-ranger-lariat-white-platinum-metallic-tri-coat-26.jpg

Last edited:

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
How did it look with only a .75 raise? I tow a large enclosed snowmobile trailer and don’t want it to look like the front is higher with the trailer attached. The Rangers do seem to have more of a rake than my F-150 did so I want to raise the front a little. Improvement in ride would also be good. Looks like to do the front and back runs $570. Is that what you found? Thank you.
Brian
My 20' enclosed is ~7500lbs. I was surprised how little the rear squatted. The truck was either flat with maybe a little rake left in it. That's why bringing the front up .75" was a non-concern for me.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well, I'm done with Stage3. Received my single rear shock today, 2 full days after I should have had two of them. Had been looking forward to this all week.

WTF am I supposed to do with one shock? Paid for 2, order says 2. Packing slip shows 1 and I have no additional tracking numbers.
HOW ABOUT THIS? Just had the same thing Happen UPS Drops OFF the Package & JUST ONE Shock in the Box.....Last Time for Me with Stage 3 Motorsports.....I cannot believe! WTF......

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
HOW ABOUT THIS? Just had the same thing Happen UPS Drops OFF the Package & JUST ONE Shock in the Box.....Last Time for Me with Stage 3 Motorsports.....I cannot believe! WTF......
Chuck - I was able to DM Jason on the forums here and he overnighted me the additional shock that was missing. While frustrating (and knowing they have some serious issues to work out with their drop-shipping relationships), I'm glad they at least made it right. I'll install mine later today and let you know how it rides.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I'll install mine later today and let you know how it rides.
Please do.. I have a set on the way and would love your opinion and input.

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Chuck - I was able to DM Jason on the forums here and he overnighted me the additional shock that was missing. While frustrating (and knowing they have some serious issues to work out with their drop-shipping relationships), I'm glad they at least made it right. I'll install mine later today and let you know how it rides.
THANKS CO2.....YEAH IT IS REALLY DISCOURAGING......There are plenty of Vendors that want our business but Stage 3 NEEDS to get it right because crap like this pisses plenty of people Off.
I will wait to see if they do good for me because this may be my Last order they will ever receive.
Chuck

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
THANKS CO2.....YEAH IT IS REALLY DISCOURAGING......There are plenty of Vendors that want our business but Stage 3 NEEDS to get it right because crap like this pisses plenty of people Off.
I will wait to see if they do good for me because this may be my Last order they will ever receive.
Chuck
I'd still be hesitant to blame stage 3 until you know for sure it was their fault. I've seen plenty of mess with the shipping companies be at fault for orders not getting delivered properly.

BUT, I don't understand why each shock needs to be shipped in it's own box that's nearly double the size of the shock.... seems like if they could fit both shocks in the same box there wouldn't be any issues with this at all.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd still be hesitant to blame stage 3 until you know for sure it was their fault. I've seen plenty of mess with the shipping companies be at fault for orders not getting delivered properly.

BUT, I don't understand why each shock needs to be shipped in it's own box that's nearly double the size of the shock.... seems like if they could fit both shocks in the same box there wouldn't be any issues with this at all.
I think theyre set up for drop shipping with Eibach (and perhaps other vendors). When you do that as a business there are more points of failure that are out of your control. I believe there are opportunities for Stage3 to tighten up these relationships and processes with their distributors. Do I think it's directly their fault, no, but as the "storefront" you will always take the blame for any misses. This was not a UPS issue. They delivered what they were given.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please do.. I have a set on the way and would love your opinion and input.
Install notes:
- Lift the frame using a jack and block of wood like someone suggested. These are very difficult (impossible?) to compress by hand if you're doing this on the ground. I used a 27mm socket inside the cup of my jack to compress the shock and guide it into place but would've been much easier to just lift the frame and swing them into place.

- Factory service manual says to discard and replace the nuts and bolts for rear shock replacement. I reused them and put a tiny amount of threadlocker on the nut. Hope this doesn't come back to bite me later.

- 52 lb/ft for all 4 bolts. Use a torque wrench. Retorque after test drive.

Caveats:
They're brand new and will likely soften a bit over time.
I've only driven them a short way.
These are rear shocks only, I have FX4 factory susp. up front

First impressions:
- They're significantly stiffer than stock in a good way.
- Much less body roll.
- With an empty bed there doesn't seem to be as much hop or destabilization when you hit a bump in the road.

Will head off-road this weekend and provide an update.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Install notes:
- Lift the frame using a jack and block of wood like someone suggested. These are very difficult (impossible?) to compress by hand if you're doing this on the ground. I used a 27mm socket inside the cup of my jack to compress the shock and guide it into place but would've been much easier to just lift the frame and swing them into place.

- Factory service manual says to discard and replace the nuts and bolts for rear shock replacement. I reused them and put a tiny amount of threadlocker on the nut. Hope this doesn't come back to bite me later.

Caveats:

First impressions:
- Much less body roll.
- With an empty bed there doesn't seem to be as much hop or destabilization when you hit a bump in the road.

I'm curious to hear more as well. I generally like the ride on my truck, but there have been a few times where it was a little too soft. I don't want a harsh ride as I drive this as my daily driver and I usually like the ride. But I've been contemplating getting these Eibachs just for the rear to see if it helps improve things a bit. I'm just afraid it will make things TOO stiff.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Install notes:

Caveats:

First impressions:
- Much less body roll.

Thanks for the install tips got a set of the Fox rear shocks on the way, this will help out.
Sponsored