Ebay tonneau cover

BetoZ

First Name
Beto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2021
Has anynone used this cover, it says it allows 100 % of the bed, kind of like the one sold by Bakindustries for half the price
Screenshot_20230520_094737_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My thought is half the price half the quality. Some things you can get away with doing this but this isn't one of them. You'll most likely use your cover a lot so the quality needs to be good and then hope it doesn't leak. It's a big item to go through the hassle of trying to return.

I bought the Ford one which is a rebranded Bakflip and I love it. They're pricey but the quality is very good and I've power washed my truck twice and there's no leaks at all from it. Only 2 very small ones in the rear corners but that's coming from the tailgate not the cover.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
It'll probably work just fine if you're not going to constantly use it(as in flipping it up)

I only spent $250 on my gator roll up, works fine as I don't always roll it up and down.

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
Friend got one. It totally sits on top of the bed so makes it look really out of place and the shape of the corners is not a good match. Also not what I would call water resistant.

OP
OP

BetoZ

First Name
Beto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2021
So I know half the price probably half the quality. All I want to know is if it folds all the way to the cab as advertised. I would hate to have to load something on the bed and I can't cause the cover only folds the first two bends leaving 30% useless.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So I know half the price probably half the quality. All I want to know is if it folds all the way to the cab as advertised. I would hate to have to load something on the bed and I can't cause the cover only folds the first two bends leaving 30% useless.
I'm sure it's a tri fold, I've never seen a cover that didn't cover the whole bed. Message the seller on eBay and ask him. That way you at least have the response on eBay in case it doesn't.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
One factor to consider is when folded up like the picture, does it rest against the cab or not. If that matters to you.
This is the reason I chose the undercover armor flex - it does not. It is self supporting by the rods

OP
OP

BetoZ

First Name
Beto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2021
One factor to consider is when folded up like the picture, does it rest against the cab or not. If that matters to you.
This is the reason I chose the undercover armor flex - it does not. It is self supporting by the rods
That's exactly what this is advertised as, that's why I'm wondering if anyone has it. It supposed to be supported by rods. For the half the price of the Bakindustries or armor flex

StarLord

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX4
I bought a $600 4 panel hard tonneau. It is definitely a $600 cover, but it functions perfectly fine and keeps things dry for the most part. I'd say go for it. I didn't want to spend over $1k on something, so I went cheap. So far its been more than adequate.

OP
OP

BetoZ

First Name
Beto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2021
I bought a $600 4 panel hard tonneau. It is definitely a $600 cover, but it functions perfectly fine and keeps things dry for the most part. I'd say go for it. I didn't want to spend over $1k on something, so I went cheap. So far its been more than adequate.
Do you have any pictures of the one you bought, and does it have prop rods to keep it completely open.

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
My thought is half the price half the quality. Some things you can get away with doing this but this isn't one of them. You'll most likely use your cover a lot so the quality needs to be good and then hope it doesn't leak. It's a big item to go through the hassle of trying to return.

I bought the Ford one which is a rebranded Bakflip and I love it. They're pricey but the quality is very good and I've power washed my truck twice and there's no leaks at all from it. Only 2 very small ones in the rear corners but that's coming from the tailgate not the cover.
Absolutely correct, the Bakflip is pricey but worth the money. I have bought two of them and both times was tempted by the cheaper ones but ultimately decided on Bakflip.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Is it possible to actually drive with it in the open position? With my tri-fold, the last third remains covered but you can latch it drown and drive all day.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is it possible to actually drive with it in the open position? With my tri-fold, the last third remains covered but you can latch it drown and drive all day.
Yes there’s a prop rod with tension adjusters on each side.

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4