Best Tonneau Cover?

Alex jones

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
I'm not looking to spend a fortune, any thoughts? I was looking at Truxedo Truxport or X15 or Low Pro. Any pros cons from people that have them? Waterproofness (I know nothing is 100%) is pretty important to me.

Any other brands? Whats best? Looking to stay under $500

Thanks!
Sponsored

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
I'm not looking to spend a fortune, any thoughts? I was looking at Truxedo Truxport or X15 or Low Pro. Any pros cons from people that have them? Waterproofness (I know nothing is 100%) is pretty important to me.

Any other brands? Whats best? Looking to stay under $500

Thanks!
Search for tonneau cover leaks and review the threads. There's lots of leak issues with Truxedo covers, especially the soft rollups and including the Ford versions of them. It's fixable if you want to mess with them. If you need to keep things dry at the tailgate and the front bulkhead, I would go with something else.

I had a good experience with the Truxport on my 05 Ranger but not my 2019. Truxedo is still in denial.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I had a Truxedo low pro on my Tacoma and it's a great cover. I was going to but the same for my Ranger but I rarely keep a vehicle more than 3 years so I wanted one a little cheaper. I ended up getting the Access Vanish and so far I really like it. Bought it online from Autoanything.com for $308.00,you have to call them for the best pricing. The second ink has a few videos on the cover and the install.

https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/access-vanish-tonneau-cover

https://www.accesscover.com/vanish/?msclkid=42600e2cc8ef12e8f1635312a757d02f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ACCESS - Paid Search&utm_term=access vanish&utm_content=Access Covers

They give you spacer blocks to fill the gaps where the side rails meet the bulkhead then a weather strip along the top of the bulkhead. We don't get much rain here in AZ but I have washed my truck a few times and have deliberately sprayed those areas heavy and there were no leaks. I really like this cover,it's a nice thick material just make sure you use a good protectant on it. I use 303 Aerospace protectant on all my covers and plastic along with the dash and interior. The sun here is brutal and after 3.5 years my old cover,plastic and dash still looked brand new. You will not find a better protectant than this and it doesn't leave your inside all slimy like Armor All does.

IMG_1312.jpg
View attachment 17569 View attachment 17569

IMG_1313.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Formula Indy

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Truxedo low pro on my Tacoma and it's a great cover. I was going to but the same for my Ranger but I rarely keep a vehicle more than 3 years so I wanted one a little cheaper. I ended up getting the Access Vanish and so far I really like it. Bought it online from Autoanything.com for $308.00,you have to call them for the best pricing. The second ink has a few videos on the cover and the install.

https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/access-vanish-tonneau-cover

https://www.accesscover.com/vanish/?msclkid=42600e2cc8ef12e8f1635312a757d02f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ACCESS - Paid Search&utm_term=access vanish&utm_content=Access Covers

They give you spacer blocks to fill the gaps where the side rails meet the bulkhead then a weather strip along the top of the bulkhead. We don't get much rain here in AZ but I have washed my truck a few times and have deliberately sprayed those areas heavy and there were no leaks. I really like this cover,it's a nice thick material just make sure you use a good protectant on it. I use 303 Aerospace protectant on all my covers and plastic along with the dash and interior. The sun here is brutal and after 3.5 years my old cover,plastic and dash still looked brand new. You will not find a better protectant than this and it doesn't leave your inside all slimy like Armor All does.

IMG_1312.jpg
View attachment 17569 View attachment 17569

IMG_1313.jpg
I also got a vanish and love it. I originally wanted a hard cover but was having a hard time deciding which one. I thought for $300 and made in USA I could get this in the short term. I won't be upgrading totally love it. The only thing I did differently was that I took some black spray paint and made the Vanish logo vanish. Haha

back of truck.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Go for the best...pricey but built like a tank...:like:
lQkrbNH.jpg
That's a good-lookin' CrewCab. I think the wheels and tires are awesome. Gonna check out your project pages.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Sentry CT today. Finished the install in the rain. LOL. Some parts of the install were not exactly smooth..., but I got 'er done. The rain part sucked. Worked perfectly, latched really smooth first try. See pics below.

IMG_8670.JPG

IMG_8665.JPG

IMG_8669.JPG

IMG_8666.JPG

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
We also sell accessories in addition to truck caps. Most popular soft tonneau we sell is the folding Extang Trifecta 2.0. All mounting hardware is incorporated right into the frame. Easy on and off in case you need to remove quick. I can't even remember a customer ever coming back complaining about any problems.

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
Any tricks for the clamps and rails on the tonneau covers? I have the Access Premium and I like the look and the quality. I added extra weather stripping to front to help keep wind out.

Now I am fighting the rails and clamps. The clamps require plastic spacers but the trim on the bed sides is getting distorted after several days out in the sun I lined it up again with a vise grip with tape on the jaws, but it seems every couple weeks something else is not lining up with the Tonneau cover. Every time I re-tighten a clamp it leaves aluminum shavings all over the bed mat which I vacuum up.

I am wondering how this adjustment will last.

ED903D15-74F4-4919-8632-06864BE6F191.jpeg

B24EAD59-4561-4835-8891-E012B425E198.jpeg

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Any tricks for the clamps and rails on the tonneau covers? I have the Access Premium and I like the look and the quality. I added extra weather stripping to front to help keep wind out.

Now I am fighting the rails and clamps. The clamps require plastic spacers but the trim on the bed sides is getting distorted after several days out in the sun I lined it up again with a vise grip with tape on the jaws, but it seems every couple weeks something else is not lining up with the Tonneau cover. Every time I re-tighten a clamp it leaves aluminum shavings all over the bed mat which I vacuum up.

I am wondering how this adjustment will last.

ED903D15-74F4-4919-8632-06864BE6F191.jpeg

B24EAD59-4561-4835-8891-E012B425E198.jpeg
I'm not having quite that problem with my cheapy North Mountain roll-up cover, but it seems my rear clamps come loose every now and then maybe from the heat distorting the plastic also? I'm going to try to remedy it with buying a couple extra clamps to see if that does anything.

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
I'm not having quite that problem with my cheapy North Mountain roll-up cover, but it seems my rear clamps come loose every now and then maybe from the heat distorting the plastic also? I'm going to try to remedy it with buying a couple extra clamps to see if that does anything.
On the Access cover you have to put plastic shims between the plastic trim and metal ledge on the truck so the clamps get a good grip.
Sponsored