Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do we know why this actually tricks the electronics & works?
I would guess it works like if your towing, you're plugged into the harness which does the same thing.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do we know why this actually tricks the electronics & works?
I have no idea why it works other than some computer "sees" the 110 accessory is in use preventing the depletion of battery during auto stops. So it overrides the AutoStop function.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I have no idea why it works other than some computer "sees" the 110 accessory is in use preventing the depletion of battery during auto stops. So it overrides the AutoStop function.
Yup, it's in the manual per 1st post.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It will turn off itself in daylight. It's not very bright. Will create a nice ambient light for the back seats.

Plugs right in. It just works. If you are concerned about the light, just paint it black. IM thinking about some plasti dip with a small strip open for color.

View attachment 14445
Just got it and installed and it's hard to tell how bright it will be at night.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It will turn off itself in daylight. It's not very bright. Will create a nice ambient light for the back seats.

Plugs right in. It just works. If you are concerned about the light, just paint it black. I painted with some plasti dip with a small strip open for color. The white on top is actually a photocell that turns it off with light.

View attachment 14446

View attachment 14445

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg
I'd go with a strip of lens uncovered to get some in my case blue lighting if it's too bright as it is.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Plugs right in. It just works. If you are concerned about the light, just paint it black. I painted with some plasti dip with a small strip open for color. The white on top is actually a photocell that turns it off with light.

View attachment 14446

View attachment 14445

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg
Just got a couple of these and they work great, thanks!.. plastic dip sprayed most of it except a small bottom section.. guess I'll have to give up my Spidy Nightlight..

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Not sure if anyone posted this. I didn’t see.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

I had one in my F-150 and now my ranger. Top notch product. 10 min non intrusive out of site install. Plugs inline with the auto stop start on/off console button.

Is simply remembers your last setting each time you start your truck.. Turn it off and it will remain off. Turn it on and it will remain on.

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
$90 vs $4.98.
Haha. It is a bit more expensive but it eliminates the need to drive around with a house night light stuck to your dash.

Very clever idea though.

I know on the f150 you can plug in a 5 dollar trailer light tester into the hitch wiring and that will disable it since it thinks a trailer is hooked up.

I spent hours trying to fiddle around trying to disable it on my old truck: paper clips in the harness to short out the button, hitch light testers, forescan. I probably spent 100 bucks in time and labor alone.

TX-Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab 2wd Lightning Blue/302A package/trailer tow/spray in bedliner
Haha. It is a bit more expensive but it eliminates the need to drive around with a house night light stuck to your dash.

Very clever idea though.

I know on the f150 you can plug in a 5 dollar trailer light tester into the hitch wiring and that will disable it since it thinks a trailer is hooked up.

I spent hours trying to fiddle around trying to disable it on my old truck: paper clips in the harness to short out the button, hitch light testers, forescan. I probably spent 100 bucks in time and labor alone.

Being picky here but the bypass is NOT "stuck to your dash". The outlet being used is behind the driver so will only primarily annoy backseat passengers depending upon what you actually plug into it.....

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Thank you!!!!!! This works great, works on my 2017 Escape also. I bought led night lights at Dollar Tree for a buck. Man I hated that stop start deal, hardly would be off when you always need the air here. Just a waste.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Just a waste"

I guess it matters what you consider "waste"

Some people consider burning fuel while parked as waste.
Cumulatively, imagine if you. And the billion other cars on the road, only saved a litre each per week.

But it's ok, the great discomfort you feel as the internal temp of your car climbs a degree or two waiting at a light is more important.
When are you getting your prius?:LOL: