Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Automotive Interior Repair
My point just made!
Correcting people who are saying things that are wrong is part of a discussion. Take the good with the bad. The real issue is people who have zero experience with a certain topic, but speak on it like they do. That has to corrected.

If you can’t get e85 then don’t use it. If you don’t want to hit the gas station twice a week then don’t use it. But to say it’s pointless and trash is nothing short of ignorant. Let the people modifying these things educate others. Let the people with a “I have a truck not a race car” stay in their lane and watch us do what we do.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I launched the largest alternative fuel program in the Automobile Industry when we made the 3.0L 4x2 and 4x4 suitable for E85, about 180,000 units. I still see Rangers running around with the Road & Leaf badge under the Ford oval on the tailgate. The changes we had to make for the fuel system, fuel lines, fuel rail, injectors etc was extensive. It was a money looser except for the Corporate Fuel Economy credits which was the driving force for this exercise. So if the 5G Ranger says E15, the the E85 folks have to accept the risk that the fuel system will not develop problems. What I do not know is if any part of the fuel system is really tolerant of E85 long term.

Take away here is that this sort of mod comes with a risk of the unknown. E85ers will have to accept this risk.

Best,
Phil Schilke

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Correcting people who are saying things that are wrong is part of a discussion. Take the good with the bad. The real issue is people who have zero experience with a certain topic, but speak on it like they do. That has to corrected.

If you can’t get e85 then don’t use it. If you don’t want to hit the gas station twice a week then don’t use it. But to say it’s pointless and trash is nothing short of ignorant. Let the people modifying these things educate others. Let the people with a “I have a truck not a race car” stay in their lane and watch us do what we do.
As I said both side are the cause of the direction this is going. Corrections can be made in civil tones without commenting on what experience the other person may or may not have. How do you know he has zero experience. Yes he dismissed E85 very offhandedly, probably could have worded it less hard. That's his opinion and you have yours. You are both entitled to your own. No need for either to push theres on the other.

Off my soapbox now. Probably the last you'll see me on any E85 thread. May look in to see how the fight goes.

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
You should just stop talking about things that you clearly misinformed about ??
I'm sorry but you are the one misinformed, the only way you will get more power out of e85 is with major modifications. can you get more power out of e85, maybe but at what cost? so no its not worth the effort

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I'm sorry but you are the one misinformed, the only way you will get more power out of e85 is with major modifications. can you get more power out of e85, maybe but at what cost? so no its not worth the effort
Either you’re just a forum troll or you’re the worst ford mechanic ever. You seriously have no clue about the benefits of ethanol. You seriously just need to leave this discussion before you misinform other folks reading this thread.

wayhipcat

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX XLT Crew Cab
Occupation
School Psychologist
Engines have to be specifically designed for E85. That particular type of gas is more corrosive, so the metal in engines have to be designed to handle it. You're not going to tune your truck to handle it.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
Engines have to be specifically designed for E85. That particular type of gas is more corrosive, so the metal in engines have to be designed to handle it. You're not going to tune your truck to handle it.
People have tuned their trucks to use E85 on this forum with success.

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Automotive Interior Repair
Okay man you’re just an idiot..

E85 + tune is the biggest power upgrade you can get out of a boosted car other than going from stock to just a tune. Fastest ranger right now is only downpipe + e85. It’s so crazy that you’re a 5 second google search away from educating yourself but instead you’d rather make yourself look stupid...

New hpfp is 1600 bucks.. if you can’t afford it then cry about, but spreading your nonsense online is pathetic. Too much effort? Swapping the fuel pumps might take an hour.. if that’s too much effort for you then again.. just cry about it.

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
Okay man you’re just an idiot..

E85 + tune is the biggest power upgrade you can get out of a boosted car other than going from stock to just a tune. Fastest ranger right now is only downpipe + e85. It’s so crazy that you’re a 5 second google search away from educating yourself but instead you’d rather make yourself look stupid...

New hpfp is 1600 bucks.. if you can’t afford it then cry about, but spreading your nonsense online is pathetic. Too much effort? Swapping the fuel pumps might take an hour.. if that’s too much effort for you then again.. just cry about it.
ok dip shit I don't know where you get your information, but without major modifications you won't get more power, again not worth running it unless you plan on racing. and if you plan on racing build a race car not a pick up.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
ok dip shit I don't know where you get your information, but without major modifications you won't get more power, again not worth running it unless you plan on racing. and if you plan on racing build a race car not a pick up.
OK, this thread has run its course. Locking it from further replies.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.