Driving with tailgate down

Coy

First Name
Coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger supercrew XLT 4x4
I occasionally need to haul things that require leaving the tailgate down. No problem except when I need to back up and have to listen to the annoying beeb. Is there a way to disable it temporarily?
Sponsored

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I occasionally need to haul things that require leaving the tailgate down. No problem except when I need to back up and have to listen to the annoying beeb. Is there a way to disable it temporarily?
yes I just did that today — turn off “rear park aid” it’s in the settings and usually pops up when you shift to reverse

OP
OP
Coy

Coy

First Name
Coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger supercrew XLT 4x4
yes I just did that today — turn off “rear park aid” it’s in the settings and usually pops up when you shift to reverse
Thanks, don’t recall seeing anything pop up but I’ll see if I can find that setting next time.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
THANK YOU!!! I wondered about that. The constant warning and the 'View' of the ground and hitch receptacle is really annoying. Now, I only hope to remember your advice when I next have to drive with the tailgate down. Lol. It's hell getting old.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I remember the first time I did that.
Heard the alarm like I was going to hit something, shocked I looked at the camera and was looking back at my axle. OH MY GOD I TURNED THE RANGER INSIDE OUT!

Then it dawned on me.

Deleted member 1634

I don't know about this way. But there's also the button in the grouping of buttons on the center console in front of the 4WD knob that allows you to turn off all parking sensors quickly. I've used this a handful of times. Either backing with the tailgate down, or maneuvering the trailer around the property, or even when off-roading to keep the front sensors from beeping at me every time I come close to a blade of grass. haha

1593085138109.png

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I remember the first time I did that.
Heard the alarm like I was going to hit something, shocked I looked at the camera and was looking back at my axle. OH MY GOD I TURNED THE RANGER INSIDE OUT!

Then it dawned on me.
On a couple of occasions I've gone to back up with the tailgate down and had a brief panic attack as I tried to figure out how I busted the camera mount.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
When you put it in reverse just switch the screen to off, the dash screen. If you go through the hole menu, it takes longer, and turns back on once the Ranger is turned off then back on again. I have a xlt 4x2

20210326_175759.jpg

20210326_175856.jpg

20210326_175911.jpg
Sponsored